It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:44 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 am
Posts: 588
Location: at the end of this burning world
yarnforhair wrote:
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.


Try "every time a character changes personality", "every time Jenny acts like a fruitcake" or "every time you wish you could shoot the writer of this episode", and you get into a coma.

_________________
Contact The Garden Staff at gardensupport@gmail.com

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
Pocket Knife wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.


Try "every time a character changes personality", "every time Jenny acts like a fruitcake" or "every time you wish you could shoot the writer of this episode", and you get into a coma.


uh, yeah, helena in the 3rd season? totally different. love the new helena but at the time it was like "saywhat??"

and i totally love the emily and naomi plotline. as a lesbian, i approve.

"every time you want to slap ilene chaiken."

also, i'm finally watching skins after hearing about it for years. seems okay, im on the second season now. tony's a little bastard though

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
Just finished up Six Feet Under and I have no problem admitting that I cried like a baby at that finale. It was perfect, it really couldn't have ended any other way. I would definitely agree with the masses that this is one of the best tv dramas every created and definitely one of the best finales of a series ever.

About to start The Wire, which I hear is hailed as one of the best television series ever created. I'm pumped.

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Adapting to an ever changing landscape of life...
Gave up on The Wire, couldn't get into it.

Can highly recommend The Shield if you like gritty cop shows. You can pick up the early seasons very cheaply.

Dollhouse was good, while it lasted.

My fav show was NYPD Blue - worth watching to see David Caruso as he plays the same character in CSI now!

_________________
Missing the love of my life...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 748
Location: Long Beach, CA
Anyone else excited about "True Blood" Season 4 sunday night? What about "Weeds" or "The Big C"? Yeah, I have no life right now... :P

Also, I highly recommend "The Game of Thrones". Season 1 just ended and it's only 10 episodes long. I've started reading the books as a result. Awesome show.

_________________
"He intentado ahogar mis penas, pero el hijo de puta aprendió a nadar."

FaceplaceEl Jay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
i'm pumped for weeds! when does that start again? can't wait to see how nancy's going to get out of this one now......o_o

and i dropped watching the wire but i'll probably pick it up again, i only got 3 episodes in before i said forget this. i had no idea what was going on but apparently that show works like that for a bit and then you start actually knowing what's happening. instead, i've been watching nip/tuck and i'm almost done with season 4. shit gets messsssed up, yo.

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 242
Location: Poland
Pitifuljoy wrote:
Anyone else excited about "True Blood" Season 4 sunday night? What about "Weeds" or "The Big C"? Yeah, I have no life right now... :P
i am! although i will probably have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. but i watched 3 first seasons in less than 2 weeks ;)

Quote:
Also, I highly recommend "The Game of Thrones". Season 1 just ended and it's only 10 episodes long. I've started reading the books as a result. Awesome show.
i was thinking about watching it too. nice to hear some reccomendation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 am
Posts: 588
Location: at the end of this burning world
I didn't even know TB's 4th started today. Definitely exciting.

_________________
Contact The Garden Staff at gardensupport@gmail.com

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 748
Location: Long Beach, CA
@yarnforhair - Weeds starts tonight!
I have a sort of love-hate relationship with the show. Bitch woulda been killed 5 years ago! How lucky can one be? But I am curious to see how she'll get out of this one. I wish they would bring Celia back.

True Blood viewers - What did you think of the premier? I'll say this much. Tara :eyeroll: Horses :laugh: Lafayette's hair :???:

_________________
"He intentado ahogar mis penas, pero el hijo de puta aprendió a nadar."

FaceplaceEl Jay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm
Posts: 2333
Location: ~ +38.4, -122.7
yarnforhair wrote:
i'm pumped for weeds! when does that start again? can't wait to see how nancy's going to get out of this one now......o_o

and i dropped watching the wire but i'll probably pick it up again, i only got 3 episodes in before i said forget this. i had no idea what was going on but apparently that show works like that for a bit and then you start actually knowing what's happening. instead, i've been watching nip/tuck and i'm almost done with season 4. shit gets messsssed up, yo.

Hang in there with The Wire. I admit I had to use wikipedia to figure out the plots for a while. It's a REALLY great series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JelqPcoaAB8"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 242
Location: Poland
Pitifuljoy wrote:
True Blood viewers - What did you think of the premier? I'll say this much. Tara :eyeroll: Horses :laugh: Lafayette's hair :???:

hahaha yes, i agree with those comments ;)
as for the show there were a few (very!) good scenes but i feel like there were too many plots they had to present.
i've also watched second episode (available on HBO website i think) and it was totally weird, don't know what to think about the ending :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 748
Location: Long Beach, CA
megique wrote:
Pitifuljoy wrote:
True Blood viewers - What did you think of the premier? I'll say this much. Tara :eyeroll: Horses :laugh: Lafayette's hair :???:

hahaha yes, i agree with those comments ;)
as for the show there were a few (very!) good scenes but i feel like there were too many plots they had to present.
i've also watched second episode (available on HBO website i think) and it was totally weird, don't know what to think about the ending :P


I saw the second episode yesterday. Definitely better than the first. But you know who's storyline I really don't care for? Sam. Just leave him be in the background every now and again when they happen to need to film in Merlottes for whatever reason. :laugh: Add Jesus in there to. ;)

Also, yes, the ending to episode 2 was pretty good. But I have to admit, I read spoilers so I knew it was coming. Now I have to wait 2 weeks til the newest episode for being so impatient. :tear:

Do let me know what you think of Game of Thrones when you get a chance to check it out, btw. :)

_________________
"He intentado ahogar mis penas, pero el hijo de puta aprendió a nadar."

FaceplaceEl Jay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 242
Location: Poland
Pitifuljoy wrote:
I saw the second episode yesterday. Definitely better than the first. But you know who's storyline I really don't care for? Sam. Just leave him be in the background every now and again when they happen to need to film in Merlottes for whatever reason. :laugh: Add Jesus in there to. ;)

Also, yes, the ending to episode 2 was pretty good. But I have to admit, I read spoilers so I knew it was coming. Now I have to wait 2 weeks til the newest episode for being so impatient. :tear:

i'm starting to like Jesus. Sam is ok, especially his involvement with Luna ;) but i wouldn't mind ending his brother thread.
i read some spoilers too so it wasn't surprising but i hope this won't last too long - it's not the same Eric :(

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Do let me know what you think of Game of Thrones when you get a chance to check it out, btw. :)

will do! but i have to check Vampire Diaries first ;)

EDIT: are you sure the third episode isn't going to be released next week? i won't stand 2 weeks :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 748
Location: Long Beach, CA
megique wrote:
i'm starting to like Jesus. Sam is ok, especially his involvement with Luna ;) but i wouldn't mind ending his brother thread.
i read some spoilers too so it wasn't surprising but i hope this won't last too long - it's not the same Eric :(


Have you seen this promo?

http://youtu.be/CVybM0wzA8s

If anything, it looks like we'll still be getting a lot of Eric :grin: (I mean, not the same, but, you know...) Also, from what I've seen via watching a few crap soap operas, amnesia is usually short lived in TV land. :laugh:

Quote:
EDIT: are you sure the third episode isn't going to be released next week? i won't stand 2 weeks :(


Sadly, yes. The 3rd episode is not due to air until July 10th.

_________________
"He intentado ahogar mis penas, pero el hijo de puta aprendió a nadar."

FaceplaceEl Jay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Brazil
yarnforhair wrote:
Just finished up Six Feet Under and I have no problem admitting that I cried like a baby at that finale.

Me too. I still keep the last episode and I always cry when I watch it again.

------
I'm loving True Blood's season 4, so far it's much better than season 3.
I just finished watching Game of thrones and thought it was ok, I was expecting more, people made so much fuzz about it.
And weeds premiere was ok too, can't wait to the second episode.

_________________
Tumblr - OK Amanda
Beckett - My band's soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron