It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 pm 

I don't recall seeing this, or seeing it referred to here, although it's been on Youtube for a couple of years so it would be strange if it hadn't been. In fact 'awamwb' is probably someone here. I don't suppose, by any shadow of a chance, any Russian speakers fancy translating a bit of what Polly says? She seems at one point to be talking about Catherine the Great's fashion sense, which would be interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNI-UNPcas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 pm 

Hi there! I’m a native Russian speaker. Here is the translation of what Polly says (I would translate the whole program, but there is nothing particularly interesting and Russian tv sounds a bit cheesy). Sadly, the whole thing is not too informative. Please forgive my sloppy English.

Part 1: As I write my songs by myself, I always perform the ones I have written recently. This gives me the possibility to express the current state I’m in my life through the music. The same goes with my clothes, but the feelings I’ve been experiencing lately are not like any others at all. And although my feelings have always been different, I can surely say that my music defines the way I look.
Part 2: I used to love dressing up when I was a child, and I’m still like that - not much has changed about my passion for clothes. I really enjoy choosing special outfits for my songs because I’ve always loved doing this. When I was younger, I never used to dress up like a princess. I used to dress up like soldiers - soldiers and Indians. But I think my dream as of now would be to wear something a princess would wear, fluffy skirts and all that. I really like Victorian era and older eras - I mean 90s or 80s clothes and also periods after Victorian.
Part 3: The music has always been the starting point for me. When I decide what I should show to people, I always think about the music, not the clothes. As for the way I look, it is always dictated by the type of songs that I play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:02 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
I don't recall seeing this, or seeing it referred to here, although it's been on Youtube for a couple of years so it would be strange if it hadn't been. In fact 'awamwb' is probably someone here. I don't suppose, by any shadow of a chance, any Russian speakers fancy translating a bit of what Polly says? She seems at one point to be talking about Catherine the Great's fashion sense, which would be interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNI-UNPcas

I remember it, it surfaced during White Chalk tour gig in Russia,
thank you Pig Will Not for transaltion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm 

That's very kind, thank you!