It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 pm 

I finally saw Fargo (1996). The tv show on it is great too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:53 am 

I'm so behind on movies, it's pathetic.

I have a strange relationship with them. It's like I can never get started on one at home, or, I can't commit to going out to a theater. Like I've other things I'd rather be doing. Then, when I finally begin to watch one, it might take me a while to get into it. Sometimes 15-20 minutes, a half hour, whatever.

But then so often, I end up either loving the film, wishing it wouldn't end, or, just really really enjoying the experience.
Until the next time when I have the opportunity to see another film. And once again, the cycle begins again. I put it off some more or never get around to it, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:48 pm 

I watched Zero Dark Thirty on DVD a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm 

If somebody is going to see "Crimson Peak", please report if the movie itself actually features Polly's version of "Red Right Hand" or not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 pm 

Just watched "The Hateful Eight" - THE BEST DARK COMEDY I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE!! I laughed really hard throughout the most of it, even at some harsh scenes of violence, but I'm pretty sure Tarantino WANTED audience to laugh at those particular ones, so he's the weirdo here. )))

I've seen it thru the Internet, and I know it's illegal, but I'm a big Tarantino fan and I wanted to see it in English (because Russian overdub always pisses me off for a number of reasons). And I'm definitely going in the theater later with my Dad, so it's all fine in my mind.

I read the leaked (first draft of the) script almost two years ago, and for the most part the movie is almost the same, but he did "tweaked" the end quite a bit, and it was brilliant.

I haven't liked "Django" as intensely as the "Basterds", and the "Eight" is definitely on the same level as "Basterds" for me, which is quite an achievement, I think, since 95% of the new one is unfolding in ONE PLACE, so it's a very high level of writing IMO.

Original music by Morricone is great, and the ensemble of actors is TREMENDOUS! Tim Roth is a great "replacement" of Christoph Waltz, although his part wasn't as big. Both of Walton Goggins and Samuel L. Jackson's performances are simply outstanding.

Jennifer Jason Leigh was playing guitar in the movie, and Kurt Russell's character was named John - just imagine if it were Polly and John Parish handcuffed together. ))) Although it's impossible to imagine someone being as cruel to our cutest and dearest Polly Jean.

Spoiler! :
As a big fan of "Reservoir Dogs" in particular, it was a special joy to see Mr. Blonde and Mr. Orange being in the same criminal gang.

Last edited by Kuk91 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:23 pm 

VorpalSword wrote:
I finally saw Fargo (1996). The tv show on it is great too.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but about TV show - I think the 2nd Series were even better.

Sad to report that the movie was a huge disappointment to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm 

I just finish watching Transformers: The Last Knight and it was good.
Watch Transformers: The Last Knight online

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:20 pm 

I just watched a rather blurry copy of The Book of Life on YouTube with Spanish subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NioA_nZu1T4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 am 

Person Interest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30