It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am 

"Conversation with Bear, 'The Heidelberg Project' - Detroit, Michigan (April 2017)." [camera] by James Johnston

Last edited by Kuk91 on Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am 

Pains me that I won't be seeing her tonight! :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTPAZK2Dsfh/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 pm 

^ This photo is from last June, from the tour bus on the way to Barcelona:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMGh9YFUtx/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMNOspFUrC/

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 pm 

Kuk91 wrote:
"Conversation with Bear, 'The Heidelberg Project' - Detroit, Michigan (April 2017)."

A public art project - just in case anyone hasn't looked it up: http://www.heidelberg.org/

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:40 am 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTmRNj2FMor/

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 am 

At least a year or two ago I remember reading the briefest but most matter-of-fact youtube video passing comment about them being a couple. Never saw a suggestion of it before or since. But here we are.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 am 

Yes_No_Maybe_So wrote:
At least a year or two ago I remember reading the briefest but most matter-of-fact youtube video passing comment about them being a couple. Never saw a suggestion of it before or since. But here we are.

they aren't! he is married to Michelle Henning - who designed the artwork and merch for this tour

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:47 pm 

PJH the heartless home-breaker. Can't see it, can you?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:03 pm 

Romario11 wrote:
Yes_No_Maybe_So wrote:

they aren't! he is married to Michelle Henning - who designed the artwork and merch for this tour

Is that his first and only wife? For some reason I thought I recalled that he split with his wife (or mother of his children) a while ago. That's why it wasn't so shocking a possibility to me when sometime later, someone threw out a comment about PJ/John being a thing.

I don't pay close attn. to the romantic comings and goings of either (not that there's ever much detail about that available), so I'm happy to be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:54 pm 

Yes_No_Maybe_So wrote:
Romario11 wrote:
Yes_No_Maybe_So wrote:

Is that his first and only wife? For some reason I thought I recalled that he split with his wife (or mother of his children) a while ago. That's why it wasn't so shocking a possibility to me when sometime later, someone threw out a comment about PJ/John being a thing.

I don't pay close attn. to the romantic comings and goings of either (not that there's ever much detail about that available), so I'm happy to be wrong.

i think he was previously with Maria Mochnacz! that's how her and PJ met
I could be wrong though.. maybe someone will correct me

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 pm 

I always thought she met John first, when she was a teenager. She's spoken about watching him perform when she was young and how they ended up becoming friends & joining Automatic Dlamini with him when she was still a teenager. I can't remember if she met Maria when she was at Art College or was it through John perhaps? I know I've read where & when they met I just can't recall off the top of my head.

Last edited by GlitterInTheirEyes on Sun May 07, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 pm 

Just found this with a quick google search....excerpt from an interview with Maria Mochnacz.

"I first met Polly while doing a photography course in Weston-super-Mare,' says Mochnacz. 'John Parish was my boyfriend at the time, and she had joined his band Automatic Dlamini. Polly and I naturally fell into working together right from the beginning, making her first single sleeve and video for the song Dress. I'd never made a video before, but Polly seemed to have faith in me. That's how I started doing music videos and photography for bands."

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 am 

Just on soap opera business, in this article (https://www.creativereview.co.uk/design ... n-project/) from a year ago, Dr Henning refers to John P as her husband and how she used his old Salvation Army tambourine for the album art. No sign that anything's changed since then.

GlitterInTheirEyes wrote:
.... Polly seemed to have faith in me

While on the Saint Polly theme, PJ seems regularly to have faith in people who then end up doing things they've never done before as a result of working with her, which is an aspect of her nobody much discusses. No wonder she attracts so much loyalty.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
While on the Saint Polly theme, PJ seems regularly to have faith in people who then end up doing things they've never done before as a result of working with her, which is an aspect of her nobody much discusses. No wonder she attracts so much loyalty.

And she always brings out the best in them. She's got a great eye and ear, and motivates people to be the best version of themselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next