It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:16 pm 

Anybody know if she greeted fans last night too? There were a lot more people waiting when I checked stage door after the show (10-15?) so she may have skipped it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:27 pm 

^ So on the first night she just came out after the show and gave out autographs? Cool but surprising. I wouldn't expect that from Polly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:45 pm 

Great vids. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 pm 

Yes it was behind the venue at stage door. At this size venue in NY you either have to go out the front or back, there is no secret exit lol. They set up a small barricade along the sidewalk leading to their vehicle and fans gather to wait. Because there is no other way for them to sneak out, This is how I met all of Radiohead before. Unless too many are gathered in back possibly the artist would switch and leave by the front. Monday I was surprised there were so few of us. One guy hadn't even been to the show. She could've ignored us and gone straight to her vehicle, but there were only a few of us and we were being calm and polite so she signed for us, just no photos. Night 2 were a lot more people (probably because word had gotten out about night 1) so I just wondered if she did it again or skipped the line or went out the front instead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 pm 

From the first night:

http://pancakesandwhiskey.com/2016/08/17/pj-harvey-terminal-5/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 pm 

2 Nites of glorious bliss.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:07 am 

So I have 60 good images from my digital camera I wanted to share with you guys, I don't know where to upload them though. I tried imgur but it may be too many for one post, it kept saying "your image failed to upload" multiple times when I selected all of them. Any ideas for a simple way to post them all?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:28 am 

inkybrown wrote:
So I have 60 good images from my digital camera I wanted to share with you guys, I don't know where to upload them though. I tried imgur but it may be too many for one post, it kept saying "your image failed to upload" multiple times when I selected all of them. Any ideas for a simple way to post them all?

i think flickr is probably the best place https://www.flickr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 pm 

Ok guys I decided to make my Facebook NYC PJ album public for now so I can share with you. I have been a fan for at least 20 years and this was my first time to see her, so it was very special. I flew up from Texas for the concert. I told her these things when I met her at stage door on Monday. Her response: "Was it worth the wait?" Of course! (Surprisingly, she signed autographs, though there were only about 4 of us there... also surprising... perhaps because she is known to not be amenable to signing things? I stopped by on a whim and didn't have to wait all that long. These things are easy to do in NYC because there are not that many places an artist can exit the building!) Also I asked if she will do more US touring and she said that they are talking about doing some next year. The only thing she didn't do was photos. I also visited with some members of her band later. Anyway the album won't be public forever, so if you like the images save them now. ;) https://www.facebook.com/inkybrown/medi ... 556&type=3

Oh and the thing about the setlist, the guitar player with the shaggy hair got it for me on night 1 after a lot of waiting and begging. At stage door he saw me and I thanked him again, but he told me not to let Polly see it, because she would be upset that he gave some out. I asked him why, but he wouldn't explain, just made me promise to put it away and not let her see it. So I had her sign my ticket instead. Later I asked the bald guy who plays cigar box guitar why Polly would be upset about set lists being given out, and he wasn't sure but thought they were saving them. The next night when I saw the set lists they were using were the exact same ones from Night 1, maybe she is really cheap or keen on recycling because perhaps that's why she didn't want them given out! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:37 pm 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/pj-harvey-began-her-two-night-stand-at-terminal-5-pics-videos-setlist

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Kuk91 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:18 pm 

Romario11 wrote:
you should have asked her about the lack of variety in the setlist!

I get the impression that what they've tried to do is to develop a set that says what Polly wants to say, to work at and hone that to be the best it can be, and then give as many people as possible the chance to experience it, and so variety isn't the point. It seems as though the live performance is as important as the recorded album this time round, which is why I'm glad to be getting the opportunity to see it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:32 pm 

http://www.imposemagazine.com/photos/pj-harvey-at-terminal-5#1

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:28 am 

Hey everybody, I finally got my roll of film developed from NYC. I use a Diana Mini film camera loaded with 800 film but even with that speed of film some of the shots are still kinda dark. I did my best! I do a lot of multiple exposures and overlapping exposures. It will make sense when you see more than one Polly in the same photo! Hope you enjoy :)

https://www.lomography.com/homes/inkybr ... -pj-harvey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:55 am 

Thanks for sharing!