It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am 
Site Admin

yarnforhair wrote:
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.

Try "every time a character changes personality", "every time Jenny acts like a fruitcake" or "every time you wish you could shoot the writer of this episode", and you get into a coma.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 am 

Pocket Knife wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.

Try "every time a character changes personality", "every time Jenny acts like a fruitcake" or "every time you wish you could shoot the writer of this episode", and you get into a coma.

uh, yeah, helena in the 3rd season? totally different. love the new helena but at the time it was like "saywhat??"

and i totally love the emily and naomi plotline. as a lesbian, i approve.

"every time you want to slap ilene chaiken."

also, i'm finally watching skins after hearing about it for years. seems okay, im on the second season now. tony's a little bastard though

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:36 pm 

Just finished up Six Feet Under and I have no problem admitting that I cried like a baby at that finale. It was perfect, it really couldn't have ended any other way. I would definitely agree with the masses that this is one of the best tv dramas every created and definitely one of the best finales of a series ever.

About to start The Wire, which I hear is hailed as one of the best television series ever created. I'm pumped.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am 

Gave up on The Wire, couldn't get into it.

Can highly recommend The Shield if you like gritty cop shows. You can pick up the early seasons very cheaply.

Dollhouse was good, while it lasted.

My fav show was NYPD Blue - worth watching to see David Caruso as he plays the same character in CSI now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm 

Anyone else excited about "True Blood" Season 4 sunday night? What about "Weeds" or "The Big C"? Yeah, I have no life right now... :P

Also, I highly recommend "The Game of Thrones". Season 1 just ended and it's only 10 episodes long. I've started reading the books as a result. Awesome show.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:46 pm 

i'm pumped for weeds! when does that start again? can't wait to see how nancy's going to get out of this one now......o_o

and i dropped watching the wire but i'll probably pick it up again, i only got 3 episodes in before i said forget this. i had no idea what was going on but apparently that show works like that for a bit and then you start actually knowing what's happening. instead, i've been watching nip/tuck and i'm almost done with season 4. shit gets messsssed up, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Anyone else excited about "True Blood" Season 4 sunday night? What about "Weeds" or "The Big C"? Yeah, I have no life right now... :P
i am! although i will probably have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. but i watched 3 first seasons in less than 2 weeks ;)

Quote:
Also, I highly recommend "The Game of Thrones". Season 1 just ended and it's only 10 episodes long. I've started reading the books as a result. Awesome show.
i was thinking about watching it too. nice to hear some reccomendation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 am 
Site Admin

I didn't even know TB's 4th started today. Definitely exciting.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm 

@yarnforhair - Weeds starts tonight!
I have a sort of love-hate relationship with the show. Bitch woulda been killed 5 years ago! How lucky can one be? But I am curious to see how she'll get out of this one. I wish they would bring Celia back.

True Blood viewers - What did you think of the premier? I'll say this much. Tara :eyeroll: Horses :laugh: Lafayette's hair :???:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
i'm pumped for weeds! when does that start again? can't wait to see how nancy's going to get out of this one now......o_o

and i dropped watching the wire but i'll probably pick it up again, i only got 3 episodes in before i said forget this. i had no idea what was going on but apparently that show works like that for a bit and then you start actually knowing what's happening. instead, i've been watching nip/tuck and i'm almost done with season 4. shit gets messsssed up, yo.

Hang in there with The Wire. I admit I had to use wikipedia to figure out the plots for a while. It's a REALLY great series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
True Blood viewers - What did you think of the premier? I'll say this much. Tara :eyeroll: Horses :laugh: Lafayette's hair :???:

hahaha yes, i agree with those comments ;)
as for the show there were a few (very!) good scenes but i feel like there were too many plots they had to present.
i've also watched second episode (available on HBO website i think) and it was totally weird, don't know what to think about the ending :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 pm 

megique wrote:
Pitifuljoy wrote:

hahaha yes, i agree with those comments ;)
as for the show there were a few (very!) good scenes but i feel like there were too many plots they had to present.
i've also watched second episode (available on HBO website i think) and it was totally weird, don't know what to think about the ending :P

I saw the second episode yesterday. Definitely better than the first. But you know who's storyline I really don't care for? Sam. Just leave him be in the background every now and again when they happen to need to film in Merlottes for whatever reason. :laugh: Add Jesus in there to. ;)

Also, yes, the ending to episode 2 was pretty good. But I have to admit, I read spoilers so I knew it was coming. Now I have to wait 2 weeks til the newest episode for being so impatient. :tear:

Do let me know what you think of Game of Thrones when you get a chance to check it out, btw. :)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
I saw the second episode yesterday. Definitely better than the first. But you know who's storyline I really don't care for? Sam. Just leave him be in the background every now and again when they happen to need to film in Merlottes for whatever reason. :laugh: Add Jesus in there to. ;)

Also, yes, the ending to episode 2 was pretty good. But I have to admit, I read spoilers so I knew it was coming. Now I have to wait 2 weeks til the newest episode for being so impatient. :tear:

i'm starting to like Jesus. Sam is ok, especially his involvement with Luna ;) but i wouldn't mind ending his brother thread.
i read some spoilers too so it wasn't surprising but i hope this won't last too long - it's not the same Eric :(

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Do let me know what you think of Game of Thrones when you get a chance to check it out, btw. :)

will do! but i have to check Vampire Diaries first ;)

EDIT: are you sure the third episode isn't going to be released next week? i won't stand 2 weeks :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 am 

megique wrote:
i'm starting to like Jesus. Sam is ok, especially his involvement with Luna ;) but i wouldn't mind ending his brother thread.
i read some spoilers too so it wasn't surprising but i hope this won't last too long - it's not the same Eric :(

Have you seen this promo?

http://youtu.be/CVybM0wzA8s

If anything, it looks like we'll still be getting a lot of Eric :grin: (I mean, not the same, but, you know...) Also, from what I've seen via watching a few crap soap operas, amnesia is usually short lived in TV land. :laugh:

Quote:
EDIT: are you sure the third episode isn't going to be released next week? i won't stand 2 weeks :(

Sadly, yes. The 3rd episode is not due to air until July 10th.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
Just finished up Six Feet Under and I have no problem admitting that I cried like a baby at that finale.

Me too. I still keep the last episode and I always cry when I watch it again.

------
I'm loving True Blood's season 4, so far it's much better than season 3.
I just finished watching Game of thrones and thought it was ok, I was expecting more, people made so much fuzz about it.
And weeds premiere was ok too, can't wait to the second episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next