It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 pm 

Hi guys,

I'm looking for the complete video of PJ Harvey on Glastonbury 1995. I found single videos in youtube but I wish I could find the whole concert.
Any clues???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:24 am 
Site Admin

There is more than one. Some of the YouTube videos are from a pro shot video that is locked in a vault somewhere, and besides the few songs that leaked out, the rest have never been seen. At least as far as I know.

There is also a dual sourced "bootleg" DVD that was created from a hand held video and a much better audio recording. I ripped some singles from this and posted them here years ago, another Gardener posted them on YouTube, those may be a few of the ones you have seen. This DVD also has the pro shot songs on it, and since these are copyrighted, the full DVD has never been torrented - as far as I know. I don't know that it has ever been circulated on eBay or anywhere else. There may be a thread about this in the Amusement Park, if I can find it I'll bump it up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 pm 

It's certainly never been torrented on dime, but it seems to me it should be possible to torrent it on the less picky trackers.

The problem isn't the video, but the couple of audio tracks the video is synched to which were "released" in some semi-official manner. The audio is really stellar sound board audio, so good in fact that a couple of the tracks made it onto a b-side or compilation of some sort way back then. I don't remember the exact details.

Edit: It was one of the versions of the Send His Love to Me CD singles:
CDS 2 Send His Love To Me / Hook (Live From Glastonbury) / Water (Live From Glastonbury)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 pm 

I have a Glastonboury '95 avi somewhere, don't know which version is

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm 

I'd love it if someone could share with me or help me access ANY form of recording of this Glasto set!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Upson_Downes wrote:
I'd love it if someone could share with me or help me access ANY form of recording of this Glasto set!

Most of your request can possibly be found on torrenting sites like Dime a Dozen, since videos are so large that might be your best bet, but I don't know that any of these are available right now.

The Glasto video contains copyrighted material and won't be on Dime. You may find it on other torrenting sites, but I don't know. I'd look into this myself, but I have too much to do right now, maybe next week.

If you're new to torrenting, this is a good place to start: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com Happy hunting!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 pm 

I've recently checked my version, is a VIDEO_TS, a view from the crowd, pretty shaky, but no interruption in it
if anyone is interested I'll share it, via mail I guess 'cause I don't know how to upload a 4GB file...
cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:31 am 

I really want to know what Polly was doing when they played this portion of "Russian field" before the "Hook" - does this crowd recording captured this moment?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 am 

Not really. I just looked at Hook and the band uses this time to change guitars etc. Polly is ever so briefly seen way off on stage right by the extremely wobbly camera. She then appears at the mic in full pink cat suit character and starts singing and the camera settles down. I don't see a Glasto Hook version on Youtube at this time.

I remember years ago some sort of controversy about what language the intro folk song was in as well as what song it was. It always sounded Russian to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:07 am 

DrDark wrote:
I remember years ago some sort of controversy about what language the intro folk song was in as well as what song it was. It always sounded Russian to me.

Actually, those are not really "folk songs" - both were written during soviet period, both have composers and lyricists. Both performed by Lyudmila Zykina.
Song from "4-Track Demos" is called "On Seven Winds", it's about 2nd World War: http://m-fradkin.narod.ru/n7v.mp3.
From Glastonbury - "Russian field": http://kkre-27.narod.ru/zykina/rpo.mp3.

Most likely, Polly have this vinyl from 1969 called "Native sounds" - http://www.discogs.com/%D0%9B%D1%8E%D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B0-%D0%97%D1%8B%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%A0%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%8B/release/3004417: both songs go in row - B1 and B2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:23 am 

Kuk91 strikes again.
that's good.
:smile: