It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: PJ Pic of the Day #5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 am 

cat on the wall wrote:
Very glad you enjoyed it !! :smile:

Something else I found:

Love your avatar Cat¡¡¡¡ :green:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 pm 

two new beautiful picture from her homepage
http://www.pjharvey.net/home_images/imagepop/index.html
her green eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 pm 

Y'all should try The Birthday Party. Cave at his artiest. And Roland S Howard's riffs are INSANE. Hands down one of the best bands of the post-punk era.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 pm 

^ I nominate "The Birthday Party for greatest (well was once) band on earth! Why didn't I think to mention them! "Junkyard" is F***ing fantastic! And also "I took her from rags right through to stitches" has to be one of the greatest lines ever haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:28 am 

jesuspolly wrote:
cat on the wall wrote:
Very glad you enjoyed it !! :smile:

Something else I found:

Love your avatar Cat¡¡¡¡ :green:

Thanks here's the original :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 am 

olivier101 & mart, sorry you feel that way I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it, I just figured since it does have PJ it's going to be fine with everyone. Honestly don't know much about Nick but I do LOVE "From Her To Eternity". It does seem that at one time he made PJ happy. I respect everyone's opinion as they've a right to have one. Just wanted to clarify my intentions weren't negative.

Polly Jean Cave you seem like a big nick fan & that's great! I'm genuinely happy you like the photo that much. :) I've only really heard FHTE & Black Hair by him. I've been meaning to hear more, any suggestions for what I should hear first?

& dry I'm sorry I didn't see it on the blog first found it via a search.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:51 am 

Black Hearted Love wrote:
two new beautiful picture from her homepage
http://www.pjharvey.net/home_images/imagepop/index.html
her green eyes

Wow amazing!! & Ditto about the sparkly periwinkle eyes in that light! Thanks so much for the great find :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am 

cat on the wall wrote:
olivier101 & mart, sorry you feel that way I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it, I just figured since it does have PJ it's going to be fine with everyone. Honestly don't know much about Nick but I do LOVE "From Her To Eternity". It does seem that at one time he made PJ happy. I respect everyone's opinion as they've a right to have one. Just wanted to clarify my intentions weren't negative.

Polly Jean Cave you seem like a big nick fan & that's great! I'm genuinely happy you like the photo that much. :) I've only really heard FHTE & Black Hair by him. I've been meaning to hear more, any suggestions for what I should hear first?

& dry I'm sorry I didn't see it on the blog first found it via a search.

Well, since you love "From Her To Eternity" so much, I guess I'll suggest some of the earlier records that are in similar vein. Maybe "The Firstborn is dead" which is the follow up, "Your funeral my trial" was the next.

I think a real bad seeds glory moment came in the form of "Tender Prey" - those, particularly the famous "Mercy Seat" covered by Johnny Cash and "Up jumped the devil" (really waits-ish as is the whole record) are some of the finest songs Cave has ever written. The album is pretty intense though, probably the most violent.

Then maybe "Henry's Dream" which is again full of brilliant songs, many thought it was over produced. I had no qualms though. "Let Love In" is another strong one - that record is extremely varied sonically/ stylistically, it jumps from genre to genre and quite abruptly at that too. "Murder Ballads" (the commercial album) again, a miniture earthquake of dark humour, irony, melodrama, sound, sarcasm, and just plain greatness. Highlights include: "Curse of Millhaven" the most feral, wittiest track you're ever guaranteed to hear about murder, "Stagger Lee" - only he could pull off saying :yeah: :banana: "Mother Fucker" like 50 times in a song and it sound just as brutal as the last and in no way repetitive or pretentious- got a great beat too. Kind of funk tinged (reminds me of his and Polly's relationship for some reason). O'Malley's bar - which may just be his greatest delivery on that record. And of course his duet with Polly on "Henry Lee" BTW....Keep the Cave pics coming, those two are like two peas in a pod. I and plenty of other people here are massive fans and anticipate on seeing plenty more :grin:

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:28 am 

cat on the wall wrote:
olivier101 & mart, sorry you feel that way I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it, I just figured since it does have PJ it's going to be fine with everyone.

Oh don't worry I didn't feel the least offended, why would I?
As a picture featuring PJ it has its place here! And I love the left part of the picture ;)
It's just that after you posted the pic, there were only ecstatic posts so I felt I had to restore the balance :green: I didn't mean to start an argument... maybe we should open a dedicated thread for the whole Cave stuff instead of hijacking this one...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
cat on the wall wrote:
olivier101 & mart, sorry you feel that way I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it.....

haha, no worries Cat, i just don't like the bloke but i wouldn't be offended by it :smile:

i quite like Oliviers suggestions of a dedicated thread for the whole Cave stuff - in the General area though - just so i could easily ignore it :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:45 pm 

Be back to talk soon tonight having a difficult time with my health, please pardon my delayed response RE: Oliver,mart & Polly Cave. Thank you so much :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
cat on the wall wrote:
cat posted some nice poly pics.......

that's better Cat :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 pm 

February cover of Modzik magazine.
Found on the official site. Heavenly...

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:43 pm 

there's this one too

it's in the news
http://www.pjharvey.net/inthenews.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next