It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am 

So, I am curious to know which photos of Polly you love the most, and if you want to..also explain why.

And I don't mean top 1000 photos because I could choose 1000 too!

I mean if you had to choose only a select few, 10 and under, to be the only PJ pics you could look at for the rest of your life, (no googling) which would you choose?

I know for me this is a veeery difficult decision. I've only just thought of this, so I'll have to take some time scrolling through my millions of PJ folders, but the idea interests me.

I'm just curious to know which photos of her resonate with you all the most.

<3

Last edited by GlitterInTheirEyes on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 pm 

What a challenge ... OK, here are mine, arranged.

Spoiler! :

Left to right, top to bottom: 1, Because it's so beautifully simple. 2, Because the cover of Rid of Me was the first time I knew what she looked like, and it's so brutal and uncompromising. 3, Because of the West Bay cliffs and the delicacy of it, and the fact that she must have been freezing. 4, Because of the complexity of the dress and the awareness that Maria Mochnacz's sister made it, the nakedness of the piano and the insects in her hair. 5, Because it looks like a 19th-century Daguerrotype, and that gorgeous jacket. 6, Because it's the lookout hut at Bexington Knoll which I and my family looked over to for years when driving along the road from Abbotsbury. 7, Because her tiny figure in that vast, wrecked landscape sums up the grandeur of her vision and the bravery of her work. 8, Because I took it. 9, Because it reminds me of her talent for friendship and humour. 10, Because it's simply luminous and expresses the sense of her dedication to something beyond her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:40 am 

Nice idea!
From top-left to bottom-right:
1. Because she looks like a little boy from a remote village in Sicily who's never seen a camera before and doesn't get what's going on.
2. Because her features are absolutely fascinating and here they are depicted in all their rawness.
3. Because of the clumsiness of the pose, and that crooked smile expressing fun, self-irony, shyness and embarrassment.
4. Because she looks like a twisted muse, a hellish Greek-Roman goddess, a mermaid or a figurehead.
5. Because her expression here is playful and sexy but at the same time looks like a little girl who is unaware of the danger of her charm.
6. Because that way she stands on stage with a guitar exudes extreme confidence and a good dose of humility at the same time.
7. Because such beauty is impossible to be explained.
8. Because her heartfelt laughter is contagious.
9. Because I see a lot of gratitude and still a bit of embarrassment in her smile when people cheer for her.
10. Because she looks super tired but satisfied of her work, and that's a very intimate moment I'm honored has been captured.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:53 pm 

Thank you, Bruise, I enjoyed yours. I hope more folk take up the challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 am 

My top 10:

Spoiler! :

Why? I dunno, I guess I just like her style in these pics. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 pm 

Spoiler! :