It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:18 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:33 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Thank you, Dr - I did wonder. There don't seem to be many images from those events (not that I've ever gone looking until now!). Burak Cingi took a set at Electric Picnic (https://www.flickr.com/photos/youneedtoseethese/sets/72057594048627416/) and there's a few from the person whose blog you quoted above (https://hiveminer.com/Tags/konicaminolta,mud) which make me wonder whether the pictures Kuk posted are actually not from Hay, but from Electric Picnic, because of the metalwork visible in the background. The belt Polly's wearing in the Hay videos seems to be plain, too, but it's very hard to tell.

This dress of hers from the 90s kinda looks like the '40s wartime dress' (1:30):

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:55 pm 

Isn't that a long jacket (you might even say a frock-coat)? It's a bit structured to be a dress (as though I know anything about tailoring) and she seems to be wearing trousers underneath.

Mind you, I like the fact that she gets good use out of her clothes! And shoes, for that matter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:23 pm 

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm 

On the official site:

... with a link here for more pictures: https://www.lomography.com/magazine/331951-pj-harvey-snapshot-tour-with-the-lc-a
This seems to be a commercial site (much as it describes itself as 'a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography'). What, I wonder, is going on here? Sponsorship?!

Last edited by AineteEkaterini on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:10 pm 

^ Yeah, they probably gave her a few bucks to take a bunch of photos.

Nice find, though! And I love the fact that she keeps photos of Bowie in her dressing room. Now we know who she calls on each night before a performance. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:
Nice find, though! ...

I re-edited as I realised it's actually on the official site so not that obscure! I should have looked first.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:

Nice find, though!

I re-edited the post as I realised the picture was on the official site anyway - so not that clever a find!

Quote:
And I love the fact that she keeps photos of Bowie in her dressing room. Now we know who she calls on each night before a performance. :)

Dispiriting as far as I'm concerned, I can't stand the man ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:19 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:

Nice find, though!

I re-edited the post as I realised the picture was on the official site anyway - so not that clever a find!

Oh, you're right! But I didn't notice it appearing through official channels, so thanks anyway.

Anyway, I'm happy about these little promo bits we get from time to time. I guess her new management (she changed them between LES and THSDP, didn't she?) had to come up with a promotional/marketing strategy that didn't involve PJ talking to the press, hence the Instagram activity, the Spotify playlists, the outtakes being released, and now this. Nice way to keep the album promo cycle going throughout the tour.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 am 

Regarding Bowie, ironic. Last year after he died there was an article by Joe Gore about Bowie where he mentioned that Bowie wanted to do a duet with Polly in the mid 90s, but it was dropped.

http://tonefiend.com/music/brushes-with-bowie/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 am 

And I must apologise further because I see Kuk already posted about this in the 'Tour' section of the board long before I put it here.

TheNightingale wrote:
... I guess her new management (she changed them between LES and THSDP, didn't she?) had to come up with a promotional/marketing strategy that didn't involve PJ talking to the press ...

That's a very good thought. Incidentally, I have a suspicion that Polly's near-complete silence is related less to her dislike of the whole business than the particular circumstances of this album. She was happy enough to talk about LES, at least until it all became a bit of a grind: she couldn't have been hating it too much when she was winking at Miranda Sawyer ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:48 pm 

Splendour in the Grass 04

more https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbphoto/a ... 1531470980

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Incidentally, I have a suspicion that Polly's near-complete silence is related less to her dislike of the whole business than the particular circumstances of this album.

My thoughts exactly! As much as I adore reading/listening/watching Polly's interviews I don't mind the silence at all! In fact it makes me very happy that it's possible to do it like that. I love that she's able to do everything on her terms and just be herself all the time...

And she wasn't unhappy talking to Andrew Marr, at least until he asked her if she thought of herself as of a journalist now... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:56 am 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYC4N_vnE3r ... umblequeen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm 

Mr. Badmouth wrote:
... My thoughts exactly ...

Having said that, I get the impression (and of course it may just be my imagination) that she's rather enjoying the business of taking photos and having others take them. A lot of the ones we see are very humorous, not just the self-documentation she's done for years anyway. Who knows, she may well stick to it in the future, and speak less. And she appears to be relaxed about the fact that her friends snap her and put the results out for the whole world to see: it seems to me that we've seen more of off-duty Polly in the last couple of years than ever. That's rather lovely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 72  Next