It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: i visited eype church!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am 

went on holiday to cornwall last winter and visited eype on the way back, as we were passing along the A35.

my partner took a quick photo for me, recreating the inlay sleeve of let england shake.

the church seemed smaller than it looks on the album sleeve i thought. the sea is to my left, about 200 meters or so.

a bit geeky, but i'm glad i paid a visit!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:07 pm 

Wow! I'd Love to do that too! good for you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 pm 

This is so cool. Did you manage to get inside?

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:43 pm 

That's fantastic! I'll be moving to England at the end of summer for a while and have been thinking of a similar trip and the Eype church was on my list. I want to get to St. Catherine's chapel in Abbotsbury for The Wind as well. Was the church easy to find?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:52 am 

it was fairly easy to find. eype is very small and we missed the turning initially, though it is signposted. once you take the turning there is upper eype and lower eype. i can't remember which one the church was, but it was the left turn out of the two. we travelled along a road with trees both sides, then there is a bend and the church suddenly appears on your left hand side! it was only a minute or two away by car from the duel carriageway (the A35).

it was closed so we didn't get to go inside. i read it is used as an art gallery (or was) and i wondered if polly might have had some artwork on display.

we just went down to the sea afterwards instead before driving home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm 

I've just had an excellent long weekend in West Dorset. We stayed in Weymouth but did a lot of cliff walking along the western part of the coast. I insisted we detour to the church once we got to Eype (I also did the album sleeve pose- I couldn't not do it!). There was an art exhibition on so we got to go inside. It is very small, just one main room, but it is very nice- lots of stained glass that was very brightly colored. I kept imagining how they managed to get all the equipment they needed in and still have space to move around. Very glad we made the detour. Also hiked up to St. Catherine's Chapel in Abbotsbury which is the setting or inspiration for The Wind. The whole area is absolutely beautiful. I'm also fairly certain I spotted her parents in the grocery shop in Bridport, they looked exactly like the few photos that have been published and there is a very strong family resemblance. I felt a little odd when I recognized them, its a bit too much I think. Glad I went though, gorgeous countryside and a very fun weekend- my feet are sore from so many cliffs!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 pm 

nice place bro :)

Are you want to buy Twitter followers? Visit this website

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 pm 

so great¡¡ :wink: