It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Fake live date?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
the difference is that this time the (supposedly) fake live date doesn't correspond to the actual date(s) of Polly's performance at the venue in question. Polly didn't play at the London Forum on 11th June, nor in 1993 nor in 1995.
is this difference significant somehow?

there are 11 last.fm members listed as attending this new (supposedly fake) show, and 11 members maybe attending. these could also be fakes, of course.

:question:

This is an apparently fake future show. Why would PJ's past performance dates at the venue matter?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 pm 

DrDark wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:
the difference is that this time the (supposedly) fake live date doesn't correspond to the actual date(s) of Polly's performance at the venue in question. Polly didn't play at the London Forum on 11th June, nor in 1993 nor in 1995.
is this difference significant somehow?

there are 11 last.fm members listed as attending this new (supposedly fake) show, and 11 members maybe attending. these could also be fakes, of course.

:question:

This is an apparently fake future show. Why would PJ's past performance dates at the venue matter?

well, the first fake announcement (which became the beginning of this topic) was a repeat of Polly's performance date at the Sala Kongresowa in Warsaw (two years ago), that's why it was so obviously a fake. this last announcement didn't repeat a previous performance date, so that might have been a reason to suppose it to be less of a fake (even though it apparently is).

googling for a supposed upcoming Polly show at the London Forum gives no result whatsoever, so we can rest easy (and continue to feel bored) for the time being.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:48 pm 
Dr Dark - thanks for that incredibly in depth analysis about when Polly might perform again. Your PJ knowledge is phenomenonal! So May is looking promising then. Could be tempted to put a bet on at the bookies...might pay for the tickets ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm 

:laugh: "I wouldn't bet on it"...

Unfortunately, Polly has said she doesn't like the typical tour grind and she has also reached the stage in her career when she can do as much or as little performing as she feels like. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was sometime after May of this year before she returns to the stage.

I just hope that when she comes to the states it's more than just NY and LA like for White Chalk, but that'd probably be a stretch.