It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 pm 

Quote:
PJ Harvey will be performing at Cabaret Vert on August 15th 2024. Tickets will be on sale later this month via Cabaret Vert.

apparently with "destroy boys" and "blondshell"... again, no idea who they are, my fault i'm not really into young musicians.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:11 pm 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think these acts were chosen personally by Polly like the musicians for the London gig—they’re just other bands who happen to be announced for this festival?

But Blondshell is also on Partisan Records, so she & PJ are technically labelmates. I actually listened to a few tracks off her album that came out earlier this year—she’s clearly influenced by Polly’s old records, Liz Phair, Hole, Throwing Muses, etc.—and her stuff is decent but there are so many gen-Z musicians doing the 90s revival thing right now that she kinda gets lost in the mix I suppose? Soccer Mommy, Snail Mail, Wednesday, or even the last Yeule record all present a more defined/unique point of view. But it will be cool to see where she goes next.

I wonder how aware Polly is of this new generation of 20-somethings referencing and being influenced by her music so much.