It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 pm 

Two dates for the HSDP tour in the US!

http://pitchfork.com/news/65349-pj-harv ... ive-years/

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:26 pm 

only 2 shows! i feel sorry for her US fans if she aint coming back for some more shows next year

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 pm 

A shame only two shows.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 pm 

Damn shame. I will have to make the trip to NY.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:43 am 

Tickets on sale Friday...But I have jury duty! Why?! She's playing an LA venue with 6000+ capacity, though, so maybe there's hope.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:33 am 

Hoping to get tix for the NY show, then plan my August holiday around it, depending on wife's ipad's signal in car to make the booking this pm in UK as I drive her to an airport!

(Yes, I know this reads as a bit of a "first world problems" kind of post.....)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:04 am 

Hello all, my name is Amy and I've been a fan since the early 90s (1994 I think?) but I've never had a chance to see Polly live. I live in Texas. Well I hope you don't mind but I started a petition, maybe it's HOPEless but I wanted to do something for myself and all the frustrated fans I saw on Facebook when Polly announced her 2 US dates. Her last 2 US tours (2007 and 2011) also only went to New York and California. It is a dream of mine to see Polly live as she is one of my favorite artists in the world...

Here is the link, please sign and share! Maybe if enough people sign, at least her management will see: https://www.change.org/p/atc-management ... in-concert

Polly Jean Harvey, better known as PJ Harvey, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, writer, poet, and composer who is beloved by fans around the globe. She began her professional career in 1991 and has been touring internationally since. She has a strong fanbase in the USA, and in the 1990s toured here quite a bit, however she just announced her USA tour dates for 2016 and they are: 1 date in NYC and 1 date in LA. Fans around the USA are expressing distress, for this is not the first time their idol has disappointed them: as a stark contrast to the past, Ms. Harvey has not had a proper US tour since 2004, leaving long-time fans and new fans alike to yearn to see her perform. The last two times she "toured" the US (2007 and 2011), she only performed in New York and California. Most fans cannot afford to travel across the country to see her, and even if we could, the tickets sell out very quickly for these in-demand concerts. Ms. Harvey tours actively in the UK, Europe, and even Australia, so it is unclear why she has developed an apparent distaste for touring the USA, where she has a plethora of fans. Her latest album is even partly inspired by the USA.

PJ Harvey's USA fans want, very badly, to see her in concert. Her LA performance venue holds about 6,000 people and, shockingly, her NY performance venue only holds 3,000. The concerts will sell out instantly. And what about the thousands of fans who can't afford to travel across the country?

The solution is easy: Polly Jean, please add more USA concert dates, in more cities! It's been 12 years since you treated fans (other than in our 2 biggest cities) to your amazing music. We desperately want to hear you. We adore you. We miss you. Some of us (myself included, a fan since 1994) have never even been able to see you live due to limited tour dates.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:25 pm 

Not sure whose decision it will have been (Ticketmaster? Terminal 5? Polly?!) to give an allowance of up to 8 tickets per person at a venue of just 3,000. Inevitably the Ticketmaster website was impossible; the tickets sold out in a matter of minutes; and now there seem to be hundreds on re-sale sites at inflated prices! Poor show.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:52 am 

Hello, I posted a couple of days ago and it hasn't shown up yet, it said it needed moderator approval. Testing, testing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 pm 

Having seen some footage from early tour shows, I've relented and bought tickets for NY from a resale site. I hate that Ticketmaster's modus operandi encourages this practice (remember, they let people buy up to 8 tickets for a 3,000 capacity venue), but i just know the experience in an indoor setting will be "differently awesome" to the Field Day set.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:45 pm 

I've re-titled this post to be for the NY show only and made a new post for the LA show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 pm 

Hello all. If anyone has 2 tickets for sale to this 8/16 show, I'm very interested in buying. Thank you :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:25 pm 

I'm ready!! Watching the proshot vids from the past week have me insanely excited. This band sounds immaculate and Polly's voice seems better than ever!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm 

Excited to hear what this tour set sounds like in a venue rather than in a big field! So glad Polly scheduled the New York show to coincide with my holiday there!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:03 pm 

"PJ Harvey has announced a second date in New York City next month. Harvey and her band will play at the city’s Terminal 5 on 15 August, ahead of their show on 16 August which sold out just days after being announced.

Tickets for the newly announced date available on Friday, July 29 at 10AM EST."

Spoiler! :