It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:52 pm 

http://louderthanwar.com/love-green-fes ... reat-line/

Little can prepare us for the greatness of PJ Harvey’s set, with the best definitely saved for last. To be fair, if I wasn’t prepared, then I only have myself to blame. Having been a fan of her work for what seems like an age, I don’t mind admitting that I was disappointed with ‘Orange Monkey’, and as a result hadn’t quite got around to The Hope Six Demolition Project just yet. More fool me (I still maintain it’s not a great standalone single, but in the context of the rest of the material it definitely works). It’s a beautifully theatrical show, with the way a modern band works almost rethought. Harvey incorporates elements of a brass band into her own dazzling aesthetic, and she also incorporates another Harvey – Mick – on guitar (it’s a pleasure to see the former Bad Seed working within the parametres of a great band again). The stage show feels like the coming together of a grandiose production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream with the world’s finest Salvation Army band, if you can imagine that. Polly and co. play five spellbinding tracks from the new album, followed by three from the Mercury Prize winning Let England Shake, including a rapturous ‘The Words That Maketh Murder’ (the rest of the set is split between the new one and selected career triumphs). Finishing with ‘River Anacostia’, We Love Green is over for yet another year, with everyone hopefully learning from their mistakes. The curators will no doubt ensure the ticket machine fiasco never happens again, while I’ll be self-flagellating with The Hope Six Demolition Project as soundtrack until next Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm 

Romario11 wrote:
...Finishing with ‘River Anacostia’ <...>

Yeah, I kinda suspected that. They also changed it on Setlist.FM some while ago. That's probably why the printed setlist was ripped from the bottom (for whatever reason they haven't played 3 planned encore songs).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:52 pm 

http://rockerparis.blogspot.ru/2016/06/air-pj-harvey-we-love-green-festival.html