It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm 

Kuk91 wrote:
Romario11 wrote:
maybe im reading too much into it but final private flight sounds a bit like the tour might not last much longer :down:

From "The Line of Best Fit" article with polaroids: "Following the Cornwall show, PJ Harvey is set for set for performances at Open'er in Poland, Roskilde in Denmark, Rock Werchter in Belgium, Beauregard in France, Pohoda in Slovakia, Harvest of Art in Vienna, Oya in Oslo, Way Out West in Sweden, Terminal 5 in NYC, Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles and finishing off at Iceland Airwaves in November."

4 shows in July [or 5 - they don't mention Switzerland's "The Montreux Jazz Festival"] + 2 poetry events, one month break for the gigs, 4 shows in August (2 in Europe, 2 in USA), and then Iceland in November.

There should be a bigger tour next year.

oh i know all that but im hoping she will tour South America and more shows next year.. but ill keep my expectations low!

interesting review from Gigwise..
However, the atmosphere didn't compare to the ecstasy and astoundment of the enormous gathering for PJ Harvey. The crowd were nearly delirious with joy and PJ Harvey herself had a lump in her throat, and a hint of a tear in her eye at one point - she was overjoyed by the praise in reaction to the superb new album. It wouldn't be a surprise if the band later turn around and announce Roskilde as one of their favourite shows of this extensive 2016 tour.

The highlight of the set was a retrospective jam of 1995 cut 'Down By The Water'. The grungy riff by guitarist John Parish and Harvey's snarl was a welcome addition to a festival with its history steeped in heavy rock. They could quite easily have headlined.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:48 pm 

I think she meant the "final private flight" for this part of the tour, if that's what you're worrying about. And of course I knew that you know all of that. )))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:05 pm 

It is interesting that 2016-07-06 Montreux isn't being mentioned (even on Polly's official website).

The Montreux festival site still shows it:
http://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/en/artist/pj-harvey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:09 pm 

When PJ Harvey toured with his previous album, 'Let England Shake', she was dressed all in white, like a cross between a Victorian widow and a conciliatory apparition. During Thursday night's concert at the Arena, she appeared in a plumage black as tar, as an apocalyptic budbringerske.

The ten-man band took to the stage in procession with marching drums and battered fans, and especially the 'Ministry of Defence' were soldiers fighting spirit peaked, so it was at once jubilant and ominous.

The new songs from 'The Hope Six Demolition Project' amounted decidedly concert backbone, which contributed to an aesthetically seamless experience, but Harvey took off actually finally his feathers creationism and served a magnificent finale with a beautiful aggressive '50 Ft. Queenie ',' Down By the Water 'and a smoldering and monumental' To Bring You My Love 'wearing thigh-length leather skirt. She looked suddenly a 1: 1 version of themselves from the '90s.

PJ Harvey has an excellent band (led by the permanent companions, Mick Harvey and John Parish), but she was even a vocal and visual focal point throughout the concert through. With minimal but powerful gestures, she was awakened songs tragic-theatrical potential to life.

Since the well and a quarter long concert tinted out with the singing of spiritualen 'Wade in the Water', marched Harvey and her band out to the left as silent stormtroopers on their way to the next world. Whether it is better or worse than the current one remains an open question. Harveys masterful format is in turn not up for discussion.
https://translate.google.com.au/transla ... rev=search

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:09 pm 

DrDark wrote:
It is interesting that 2016-07-06 Montreux isn't being mentioned (even on Polly's official website).

The Montreux festival site still shows it:
http://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/en/artist/pj-harvey

they haven't listed all the previous shows either so im sure it's still going ahead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 pm 

DrDark wrote:

I think they haven't mentioned it because it isn't mentioned on official website. And yeah, on official website they haven't mentioned some other shows, too (the ones which were announced after they started to work on the new design, I believe).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:43 pm 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pj-harvey/2016/festivalpladsen-roskilde-denmark-23ff9c7b.html

Finally it showed up! A usual set of 17 songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:16 pm 

setlist.fm documentation is good, but photos of the printed setlist are possibly a little better. The most authoritative documentation would be either of those 2 accompanied by confirmation (or modifications) from folks who actually attended the show. The best supporting documentation is a continuous video (eg. no edits) from the show.

It would be a really good idea (while this is all still fresh) for someone to go through all the current tour's gig threads here so far and collect all the setlists and send them to H&HW for incorporation into the gigography: http://pjharveyshows.thegardenforum.org/. A PM to H&HW will also work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:20 pm 

DrDark wrote:
It would be a really good idea (while this is all still fresh) for someone to go through all the current tour's gig threads here so far and collect all the setlists and send them to H&HW for incorporation into the gigography: http://pjharveyshows.thegardenforum.org/. A PM to H&HW will also work.

Done (sended a PM):

Spoiler! :
"We Love Green" fest in Paris was without encore:

June 7 - Release Athens Festival (Athens, Greece)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / A Line In The Sand / The Orange Monkey / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Working For The Man / A Perfect Day, Elise

June 8 - Zorlu Center PSM (Istanbul, Turkey)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / A Line In The Sand / The Orange Monkey / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Near The Memorials To Vietnam And Lincoln

June 10 - NOS Primavera Sound (Porto, Portugal)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / A Line In The Sand / The Orange Monkey / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

June 12 - Field Day (London, Victoria Park)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / A Line In The Sand / The Orange Monkey / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Working For The Man / A Perfect Day, Elise

June 14 - Lyon, France ("Les Nuits de Fourvière" festival)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Working For The Man / A Perfect Day, Elise

[this was the first time they played "The Orange Monkey" before "A Line In The Sand" - it used to be vice versa]

June 17 - Sideways Festival (Helsinki, Finland)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

June 18 - Ahmad Tea Music Festival (Moscow, Russian Federation)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

June 20 - Berlin, Zitadelle Spandau
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Working For The Man (with Joe Dilworth on drums) / A Perfect Day, Elise (with Joe Dilworth on drums). Encore 2- Near The Memorials To Vietnam And Lincoln

June 22 - INmusic festival (Zagreb, Croatia)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Near The Memorials To Vietnam And Lincoln / A Perfect Day, Elise

June 24 - "Down The Rabbit Hole" festival (Beuningen, Netherlands)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / "No Man Is An Island" prose poem by John Donne (1624) / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

June 26 - Glastonbury Festival (Pilton, UK)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / "No Man Is An Island" prose poem by John Donne (1624) / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

June 27 - The Eden Sessions (Cornwall, UK)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Near The Memorials To Vietnam And Lincoln

June 29 - Heineken Open'er Festival (Gdynia, Poland)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia. Encore- Working For The Man / A Perfect Day, Elise

June 30 - Roskilde Festival (Roskilde, Denmark)

July 2 - Rock Werchter (Werchter, Belgium)
Set List- Chain Of Keys / The Ministry Of Defence / The Community Of Hope / The Orange Monkey / A Line In The Sand (with dedication to Ann Demeulemeester) / Let England Shake / The Words That Maketh Murder / The Glorious Land / Medicinals / When Under Ether / Dollar Dollar / The Wheel / The Ministry Of Social Affairs / 50ft Queenie / Down by the Water / To Bring You My Love / River Anacostia.

July 3 - Beauregard Festival (Hérouville Saint-Clair, France)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:32 pm 

Excellent! Thanks Kuk91!