It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 pm 

I'm dying to see her live for the first time. Does anybody in the UK apart from me, also wonder whether or not Polly Harvey will do a UK tour soon? Because she doesn't have a new album out (yet) to promote, when will she do any gigs in the UK? No offence meant to any American fans, but I'd rather PJ Harvey actually did more live stuff in the UK instead of going to America all the time. Personally, I think she will do another tour next year roughly, and hopefully, she doesn't do a handful of UK dates and mainly US and European cities. No offence meant to any Europeans and Americans whatsoever!!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
!! Don't understand this, I've seen Polly over a dozen times in the UK, she does plenty of shows, i know we'd all like more but they're there if u really want to see her!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 pm 

She won't tour anytime soon. Certainly not this year or probably next.

Unless she's promoting an album she won't gig I don't think she wants the hassle involved or enjoys touring any more. Some of her US fans complained about it after Let Ebgland Shake had been releassd as she only did 3 gigs in the States. whereas in earlier years she'd have done many more. I can see the time coming when she won't tour again and we'll only hear of her through the odd album release à la Kate Bush (IMO).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:33 am 

bendipa wrote:
I can see the time coming when she won't tour again and we'll only hear of her through the odd album release à la Kate Bush (IMO).

Eh, Kate Bush only ever did the one tour though. She really didn't like playing live period. Polly's always been much more active in that regard. I can see her touring less in the future and not being heard from quite as much but I don't think it'll go that far.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking :down:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:51 am 

History shows us the toll touring takes on her. Plus UK does get heaps more shows.
Next album you'll get at least a couple of shows most likely even if she doesn't feel like a full tour.

It's up to Polly... :wink: