It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LES tour over?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:51 am 

The last live show was in Australia on the 21st of last month.

There's not been any word of any additional shows elsewhere that I am aware of.

Is it safe to assume that she will not be touring the U.S. in support of this album now?

Need I move on and get over it? :tear:

FaceplaceEl Jay

Post subject: Re: LES tour over?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm 

Didn't you hear the news??? She is doing europe all over again! :-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm 

^ What news where?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it the "Infinite Loop" tour, all Europe, all over again! And again! And again!

Just to torment the Aussies and Americans. :P :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 am 

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
wickedtongue wrote:
Didn't you hear the news??? She is doing europe all over again! :-)

Ya wind up merchant ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 pm 

Where can I find information about that? Her website says nothing. Want to buy tickets now now now to be sure that they won´t be sold out before I get them

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:11 pm 

sorry guys was only joking....i understand the pain in the US region for her very few gigs this tour

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm 

ok, what do you in usa have to complain about? she was in america several times, but she has NEVER been in croatia.., my little heart is broken:(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:08 am 

ff harvey wrote:
ok, what do you in usa have to complain about? she was in america several times, but she has NEVER been in croatia.., my little heart is broken:(

Aww. I know, I know. I have no right to complain. But I just really, really, really wanted to see her live for this tour because I think LES is freaking brilliant.

I'll stop complaining now. ;)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 am 

no, you can complain, i understand:)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 am 

ff harvey wrote:
no, you can complain, i understand:)

Let's agree that It sucks all around. ;)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:11 am 

I think it's a real shame she won't be touring for this album anymore. It's such an amazing collection of songs and I don't think they'll ever be performed all in one night again. This album has quite some momentum so another leg of the tour wouldn't hurt anyone. She should hit some places she doesn't usually go (I personaly root for eastren europe :green: )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm 

ff harvey wrote:

my heart like yours is broken, because from the November 2 of 2004 I saw here lived in Mexico City, and since I'm still waiting to return ... LES is a great album unfortunately I think the promotion of this album longer term and do not visit Latin America and that is very sad, it's a matter of waiting to follow live to see my Goddess Polly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm 

I love PJ's music BUT there are some serious flaws to the genius. As time goes by it becomes more and more apparent that there's something not quite right with either her or her management or some combination of the two. Although i think she's incredibly talented and i love her music, its my belief that doesn't mean she [or any other artist or celebrity] is not open for criticism.

A few facts

1. How many times in a career spanning 20+ years has she appeared in concert in: a) Latin America? b) Asia? or even c) Eastern Europe? Is it that people in these areas don't deserve her [or the managements] attention?

2. We ourselves in Australia have been "graced" with her presence just 5 times in 22 years for a total of 35 shows and 2 of those tours were festival tours in 2001 and 2003. 21 of her shows have been in only Sydney and Melbourne and 18 [Half] of her shows in this country were associated with her 2 festival appearances in 2001 and 2003. Actually when you think about it we're one of the "lucky" ones.

3. Although it cant been proven as "fact" I'm quite sure she would sell out most of her shows right now in Romania or Mexico or Poland or Tokyo or Argentina or S.Korea or heck, when has she appeared in Canada? Why do these seem less attractive places to give a show? Maybe because the profit margin is unattractive? Perhaps because people in Bucharest or Sofia or Sao Paulo or Vancouver simply will/can not fork out 50-70 quid a ticket. Maybe you could fill a stadium in these countries but it would still only make half the money a western european appearance would make?

4. PJ Harvey's concert appearance schedule continues to be at Big Name, Big Corporate, Big Money festivals in the USA and Europe only. Year after year, after year, after year.

5. Whilst the majority of artists these days offer all kinds of b-sides, bonus tracks, live tracks etc, etc, as rewards or incentives to purchase their material, PJ Harvey seems to be going in reverse and is making her non-LP material less available. Its not that she has a lack of it, its just she [or her management] cant be bothered offering it to us.

One could easily garner from these "observations" that it appears that fiscal reward and critical recognition is the only deciding factor in where PJ Harvey [or her management] chooses to appear in concert and that the desires of the people who support her career financially are less important it seems.

Many of you will disagree vehemently with my comments but i ask you consider them logically for just a moment before flaming me with undeserved vigour.

I am losing faith with her personally but not artistically! Which i could translate as I'm more likely to download her material in the future [illegally] rather than supporting her financially anymore.