It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
Romario11 wrote:
old songs.. i should have made that clearer maybe! the albert hall allows for more atmospheric songs she said.. maybe more songs from is this desire?

whichever way that may be, I hope she finds it desirable to test play those songs in the shows preceding RAH.

Well so much for my resolutely telling myself it would be just fabulous enough to have the same set list as the Troxy show I saw. Now other songs are creeping into the set lists and this teaser!

Cue more over-excitement!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 pm 

Has anyone recieved tickets yet?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:32 pm 

Mine arrived yesterday.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 pm 

I've got two tickets for the Mon 31st show (Stalls L, Row 11), and wouldn't mind swapping for two tickets on the 30th if at all possible. Anyone interested? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm 

Noticed there are a few tickets available on RAH website for both dates.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:26 pm 

Hi there
Another request as Pili's above. I have two tickets for the Monday 31st OCtober gig at the Royal Albert Hall and wonder if anyone might be interested in swapping for tickets for the Sunday 30th date instead?

My partner works shifts and cannot go to the Monday gig as he wonlt finish work til midnight and is devasted about missing out.

Our tickets are 173 and 174 in the circle so a fair way back and slightly restricted. They cost £30. I would of course be willing to pay any difference between ticket prices.

I tried the box office but they won't do exchanges - irritating....

Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am 

Message for HenryLee - sorry, it looks like I'm not authorised yet to send a PM back so I thought I'd respond on here - I ended up buying (expensive!) tickets for the 30th so I actually need to sell my tickets now, not swap!

Infact if anyone wants to buy the two tickets for the 31st show (Stalls L, Row 11), we'll sell them at cost price (42.50), please get in touch. Thanks very much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
FFS have you seen the number of Tix appearing on Ebay for this show - i guess that's what the the Mercury success brings for us real fans - touts rubbing their hands with glee :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:02 pm 

The anticipation for tomorrows show is killing me....thinking of cleaning the house to kill time....D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 pm 

Getting ready for car journey from Derbyshire to the Albert Hall - ipod playing Polly, in random track order. See y'all there!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:46 am 

Just got back after standing on train for just over an hour there and then back. Underground was complicated because usual route was closed! I would only bloody do that for Polly!

Really good feedback on twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/pj%20harve ... ert%20hall

Some photos:

http://instagr.am/p/SHshh/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickgreena ... 890681139/

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:52 am 

Okay folks - just got home from what was an amazing, emotional gig. Managed to get a photo of the set list Polly was using. Lacking capacity to post picture of it, so will list below. There's a photo of it on my twitter feed: @fritchleypaul

SPOILER ALERT **

If you are going to RAH Monday night, or want to watch the stream fresh, you might want to look away now. You have been warned.

Firstly, the last three songs on this list were not performed. But them being listed at all might auger well for Monday.

The first four numbers had additional horns - bass sax and trombone - really filled them out well.

The Devil and Dear Darkness - sweet!

Pocket knife, Piano, and White Chalk - felt very well treated with those.

Band on good form - they took the space of the Albert Hall and really teased out the darkness in much of LES. Some extended introductions, including to give Mick time to get to the Albert Hall organ!

I love that a venue possibly most well known for the jingoistic Little Englander nonsense of the Last night of the proms shook with such powerful anti-war messages as were heard tonight.

This was special.

Let England Shake
The Words that maketh murder
All & Everyone
The guns called me
Written on the forehead
In the dark places
the Devil
Dear darkness
Glorious land
Last living rose
England
Pocket knife
Bitter branches
Battleship Hill
Down by the water
C'mon Billy
The piano
Big Exit
Hanging in the wire
The colour of earth
_______
Desperate kingdom of love
White chalk
Sky lit up
Angelene
Silence
_______
NOT PLAYED , but on the set list at the bottom:
Nina
The River
Monsta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 am 

sau wrote:
Just got back after standing on train for just over an hour there and then back.

Lucky you! I drove for three hours in each direction, and got a train to Cardiff in just over 5 hours time! But definitely worth it.

thanks for the photos btw.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 am 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 pm 

Best live show i think i have ever seen!!!!!!

It was bang, bang, bang; one brillant song/great performance after another. I thought all of them were on top form. Loved Mick performing with his giant organ!!!!!!!

Interestingly with the extra three songs shown on the set list i thought that if we had pushed for it last night there might have been another encore but everybody seemed to be exhausted/emotionally drained by the end and let it go! So if you are there tonight go for it!!!

As an aside to that we were still juggling train times for the return journey when we got to the RAH and as we were in the arena along side the sound desk i plucked up courage to ask the sound man if he had any idea of a likely finishing time. He said that actually nobody had told him that but from his past experience with Polly he thought that with a 8.30 start a finish around 10.00 to 10.15 was likely. To quote ' she has never managed to do 2 hours with the way she uses her voice'.
I'd never thought about the types of punishment that she goes through to perform for us but watching last night, yes, i can see that it's perhaps more vocal limits than physical tiredness that might govern her performances.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next