It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 am 

After some problems with the presale, I managed to get my ticket for the Stockholm concert just now :grin:

PJ concert + a little citytrip to Stockholm (my first time there, but the city is on my 'want to visit' list for a long time already) :shades:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 am 

got my ticket for Polly's Prague gig, kind of annoying (and surprising) that they didn't give a print@home option (because http://www.ticketpro.cz did so on a previous occasion) - now I'll have to pick it up at a nearby Tourist Office (but what the heck, it's very near the venue).

so now the prospect of seeing Polly in Prague has become even more of a certainty. (for a moment before the tickets went on sale, as the link for "Tickets" appeared and I clicked it, up came a message to the effect that tickets weren't available because the event had either been postponed or cancelled - and this created a feeling of anxiety/despair, which however was blown away as soon as I managed to buy my ticket.)

:razz:

and still I'm amazed at the sheer coincidence (which seems as if some Fate had designed it): I left Prague on October 27th last year, now I'm destined to return on the exact same date a year later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 am 

Got my Stockholm ticket today.. Spammed the refresh button, after I got my tickets they were sold out. I really hope I got good seats, first row on the balcony.

Damn it, I'm so excited!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:39 am 

Extra show in Stockholm added October 22nd:

http://www.livenation.se/artist/pj-harvey-tickets

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
from Faceache;

PJ HARVEY: ROYAL ALBERT HALL SHOW ANNOUNCED FOR OCTOBER 30TH
PJ Harvey is set to play at London’s Royal Albert Hall on October 30th.
This will be PJ Harvey’s first appearance at this historic venue, following shows in Glasgow and Manchester next month, and further recently announced European dates. Tickets for the show go on-sale at 9am on Friday August 12th and are available from http://www.gigsandtours.com & +44(0)2075898212/+44(0)2077348​932/+44(0)8448110051 .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 am 

And the associated photo : http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0096_n.jpg

Quite a creepy gaze on here. :green:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 pm 

Lilium wrote:
And the associated photo : http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0096_n.jpg

Quite a creepy gaze on here. :green:

Ah, the red! the sinister lady in red! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 pm 

I see a pattern repeating itself again:

21st October - Stockholm
22nd October - Stockholm
24th October - Oslo
25th October - Oslo
27th October - Prague
28th October - (Prague ?)
30th October - London
31st October - (London again, or elsewhere in England ?)

and may I be bold enough to expect a second show in Prague (the next day)?
I'll still be in town, so why not? c'mon Polly, give me more! :wink:

otherwise I must say the surprising thing was that both shows in Oslo were announced at once, while the second date for Stockholm remained open for a while. why did they seem so sure of the demand for a second show in Oslo (a city half the size of Stockholm)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:49 am 

Yeah it's weird. I happen to know that alot of quality music fares better on the norweigian charts than on the swedish but I'm not sure if it necessarily sells in larger quantities. Anyhow, seems like half the tickets in Stockholm went to the companies that try to sel them for 5 times the originalo price :/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:44 am 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 pm 

Alela wrote:
Anyhow, seems like half the tickets in Stockholm went to the companies that try to sel them for 5 times the originalo price :/

Not suprising if you know that you could buy up to 15 tickets together... Why not limit it to 2 or 4 per person?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 am 

Location: I live in a town called Millhaven. It's small and it's mean and it's cold.
Hi,

First post on this forum :grin:

Very excited about the possibility of seeing Polly at the RAH in October :grin:

Anyone know if there are likely to be any pre-sales (livenation etc) or is it just a case of waiting until 9am Friday to Book?

Any news on ticket prices yet? I assume upto about £45 for the stalls and Grand Circle. I am going the to RAH later that week to see Tori Amos; anyone else also seeing Tori?

Is the arena area likely to be seated or standing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 pm 

Think i need a flat in London if she keeps playing there....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:15 am 

freethemillhaven1 wrote:
Any news on ticket prices yet? I assume upto about £45 for the stalls and Grand Circle. I am going the to RAH later that week to see Tori Amos; anyone else also seeing Tori?

I was already going to see Tori in Vienna (October 25th) and Frankfurt (October 26th), that's why Polly's gig in Prague (October 27th) came to be arranged in such exquisitely timely fashion, from my point of view (practically as if Polly had been doing it for my convenience). but now I'm thinking of skipping Tori's Frankfurt show, otherwise I fear I won't be able to arrive in Prague the next day without feeling that time is too short for comfort before Polly's show.

and after that I'll be seeing Tori in Essen (October 31st) which is why going to London the day before would be rather inconvenient. (but I'm hoping for Polly to give a second show in Prague before she goes to London.)

I tried to buy a ticket for Tori's show at RAH but the ticketmaster wouldn't give me anything palatable (for a spoiled-with-good-seats person like me).

for Tori's RAH show the ticket prices were £45 for Loggia Boxes and Grand Tier, £40 for Arena and Stalls, £42.50 for Second Tier, £30-35 for Circle. I suppose there's good reason to assume they'll be the same for Polly's gig in the same venue, unless the Arena would be for standing audience in which case the price might be a little lower.

good luck in your quest for tickets tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:12 am 

Location: I live in a town called Millhaven. It's small and it's mean and it's cold.
Hi Pollyphoniac,

Thank for the information.

I too had trouble getting a decent ticket for Tori at the RAH from ticketmaster this time around. Ended up with a ticket in the circle.

I had not realised that there had been a pre-sale on 02 and Livenation before the general on-sale date - I obviously was not paying enough attention to Tori's site at the time.

Fingers crossed for some good tickets for Polly.