It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:19 pm 

I just saw this on Twitter and wondered where it fitted in PJ's early gigs:

source is here:
https://twitter.com/nothingelseon

The gigography seems to show Club Awesome as her first gig on 12 July, but the picture actually seems show it was on 7 Dec (i.e. 12/7 vs 7/12 depending on which side of the ocean you live on).

Is there a mistake in the gigography? Or did she play there on both dates?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:14 am 

How interesting. Given that the supposed Club Awesome date on 12th July predates the four White Horse gigs, which were the Sausage Machine events arranged by Too Pure, I think this proves that that date is a mistake caused by transposing the 7 and the 12. A revised chronology would fit much better. The Gigography already has a date at 'Tower Bridge' on 7th December, and Club Awesome was at 7 Crucifix Lane, just round the corner from Tower Bridge. I've always had doubts about that supposed gig on 12th July as it predates Len Copland meeting Polly and Eva in Corscombe on the 24th: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2181&p=21640&hilit=copland#p21640

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Thank you! I've updated the gigography, putting Club Awesome at Dec. 7. Printed evidence supercedes what is probably someone's memory. I don't know who started compiling this list, but it was certainly an early fan gathering info back from when there wasn't an Internet, not much of one anyway. I've left the 1991-07-12 Club Awesome on the list, until more info surfaces.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 am 

On the topic of July 1991 gigs, I found this schedule from the July 3 1991 edition of "Sevenoaks in Focus" listing P J Harvey with The Becketts at the Rumble Club in Tunbridge Wells on July 5, though I suppose I can't prove for sure that it actually took place.