It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:56 pm 

I would like to ask anyone on here. How long will Polly Jean Harvey be performing onstage? I believe at this stage in her life is I would say five or seven more years. The question came in my head because Grace Slick retired from the music business when she was fifty years old.

I still admire her artistry and her willingness to go into different musical visions and trying not to repeat herself. She is an artist after all. I need some feedback on this one. Thank you all very much.

P.S. I know she is touring next year in 2024. This question is about far beyond after 2024.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:55 pm 

I was at her event in NY in November where she said she rediscovered the fact that music is the love of her life. People said she had quit after the last tour and here she is again. I think it’s honestly a waste to talk about this type of thing as others on this forum have stated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:05 pm 

1011whoknows wrote:
I was at her event in NY in November where she said she rediscovered the fact that music is the love of her life. People said she had quit after the last tour and here she is again. I think it’s honestly a waste to talk about this type of thing as others on this forum have stated.

I agree with you. Though I don't see PJ Harvey playing "Down By The Water" or "Man-Size" when she turns sixty-five, let alone seventy-five. Go figure! :neutral:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 pm 

Llistening to the recent and wonderful interview with World Cafe, I think PJ Harvey will be performing and recording for a long time to come. I think she was truly devastated to have lost touch with her love of making music during the Hope Six era, and she seems grateful to have reconnected with that creative spark; she speaks of being in her mid-fifties and about her previous doubts about making music/performing for her remaining years. I don't know, something about the way she spoke gave me the impression that she's going to keep going for a long time to come, like Patti Smith, Bob Dylan, and others. i can easily envision a 65 or 75 year old Polly Harvey still sounding incredible in live performance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:00 pm 

Jason_Tenney wrote:
Llistening to the recent and wonderful interview with World Cafe, I think PJ Harvey will be performing and recording for a long time to come. I think she was truly devastated to have lost touch with her love of making music during the Hope Six era, and she seems grateful to have reconnected with that creative spark; she speaks of being in her mid-fifties and about her previous doubts about making music/performing for her remaining years. I don't know, something about the way she spoke gave me the impression that she's going to keep going for a long time to come, like Patti Smith, Bob Dylan, and others. i can easily envision a 65 or 75 year old Polly Harvey still sounding incredible in live performance.

Let's hope so for Polly's sake.