It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:43 pm 

Updated

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:54 pm 

Lauren Hoffman: "I look up to Tori Amos and PJ Harvey and Bjork; it's just a different feeling. The thing that hooked me into it was just being in love with John Lennon's voice.

Lauren Hoffman: "I tend to wear records out, so what I might have listed six months ago and what I'll say in a year would be vastly different. But right now I would say: John Lennon--either Plastic Ono Band or Imagine Heatmiser--Mic City Sons Radiohead--The Bends PJ Harvey-Dry Jill Sobule--Happy Town Soul Coughing--El Oso Sparklehorse-Vivaladixiesubmarinetransmissionplot Elliott Smith--any of the first three, Roman Candle, self-titled or Either(on her ten essential albums)

The Pixies: "Were spotted checking out PJ Harvey rehearsing at the T in the Park festival"

Kim Gordon: "Gordon expressed her admiration for artists such as PJ Harvey and Liz Phair. And her disgust for the corporate side of the music industry and the bands that received extensive airplay"

Thurston Moore: "Thurston and Kim Play PJ Harvey's 50ft Queenie"

Thurston Moore: "Does PJ Harvey rule and do these guys love her? This CD answers all those questions and the answer resounds: YYYYYYYYYESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Red Hot Chili Peppers worship at the alter of PJ Harvey" (circa 93)

Anthony Kiedis: "If pj harvey was here, i would say Flea, would you mind leaving me alone for a minute.." FLEA: And I would say, "Sure Anthony!" and take PJ Harvey

Anthony Kiedis: “PJ Harvey is sizzling. I love PJ Harvey. And I get very hot sensation when I listen to her records. I met her and I felt like an eight year old kid.”

Anthony Kiedis: " And while its not clear who the she is he did say at the time he was blown away by PJ Harvey describing her as "My fabourite thing right now". He names her albums "Dry" and Rid of Me as big influences. "I can't stop listening to any of them. Pure genius" Anthony actually did meet Harvey while the band where rehersing in their hollywood studio and she checked in next door. "I could hear her singing in the next room with that beautiful voice. I was just standing there watching her and I got caught. I felt like a naughty school boy it was a special moment."

Anthony Kiedis: "I never knew a PJ Harvey show I didn't like," said longtime fan Anthony
Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "She's a true artist; she's the goods."
Kiedis said Stories has been on permanent rotation in his house ever since
he snagged a prerelease copy. The album hits stores Oct"

Anthony Kiedis: "Anthony Keidis was ushered to a pit reserved for contest
winners (and he's not even on Virgin Records) to enjoy the gig. And did
he. "PJ makes my brain go funny and my heart all swollen," he swooned.
"I'm just madly in love with her."

Anthony Kiedis: "Fucking crazy for PJ"

Anthony Kiedis: " Various pictures of pictures surround Kiedis's room, there's a blured faced picture of PJ Harvey on the wall"

Anthony Kiedis: " I've also gotten Inspriration from people like PJ Harvey and Sincead O' Connor(barf) "

Anthony Kiedis: "Anthony: If PJ Harvey was here, I would ask her to Greco-Roman wrestle me right here on the spot."

Anthony Kiedis: "If PJ Harvey was here, I would ask her to please kiss my calf and make it all better. "

Anthony Kiedis: "And then it would have to come down to P.J. Harvey.”(on what records/ people influenced "one hhot minute")

Flea: "Tell Polly I'd swim across the ocean just to play one note for her. I'm such a huge fan of that woman.

Flea: ""I met P.J. Harvey and
I was like, 'Uh..will
you marry me?' "

Flea(on what musicians he finds original): " Tricky, PJ Harvey, Radiohead"

Flea(again translated from french so mind the grammatical errors): "PJ Harvey, absolutely out norms. She does not return accounts or to the era, or to the industry of the disc. It is rather a long deadly and bloody cry of the deepest of herself without her trying to prove although this be at the world"

Flea: "Flea: If PJ Harvey was here, I would recite the most amazing poem you've ever heard"

Flea: "Flea: If PJ Harvey was here, I would personally try to pretend that I didn't like her, didn't have a crush on her at all,... "

Flea: ": Well, I think there are more interesting thing happening musically outside of rock. When I listen to rock bands, I think most of them suck, to tell you the truth. I don't want to hear boring old "roots rock" music that sounds the same as shit that's been going for 30 years already.
I'm disillusioned with rock music. The last rock bands I can say that I really liked were PJ Harvey and Nine Inch Nails. "

More shortly.

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am, edited 14 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 pm 

Nick Cave: "She only went out with me because I was famous"

Nick Cave: "She's no woman, she's a freak of nature! One big trip"

Nick Cave(on henry lee) "Polly sings really well on this"

Nick Cave: "I guess her best feature is that she call's a spade a spade"

Nick Cave(on 50ft Queenie): "I highly suggest you go and buy the album, and this is the best song on it"( hosting rage in 94)

Nick Cave: "I'm a fan of hers too"

Nick Cave: "We resemble each other in many ways"

Nick Cave: "I wanted to work with her but I had nothing written"

Nick Cave: "Me and Polly have kind of been friends for a while, we'd talk on the phone and then she came to record the song and we were seeing more and more of each other. Then we made the video. "Have you seen the video? Its a beautiful video. We cuddle a lot in it. We've actually been cuddling ever since. There you go, there's the scoop! We get on very well. "

Nick Cave: "Polly Harvey has the warmest lips and the coldest hands in Rock"

Nick Cave: " The album basically started off as leters and poems I had written someone to show them how I felt at the time" I basically made a list of all the things I thought was beautiful about the person."

Nick Cave: " Looks into her eyes of green and meows he loves you Polly Jean" (awww)

Nick Cave: "Crooked smile, heart-shaped face"

Nick Cave: "This song is dedicated to PJ Harvey, she's a strange lady. God she's weird" (late 2009)

Nick Cave: " During the song Midnight Man cave sings "Wake me up When PJ gets here?"

Nick Cave: "I saw miss Polly singing with some girls, I cried strap me to the mast" (more news from nowhere)

Nick Cave: "All that has dark sounds has duende", he says "that mysterious power that everyone feels but no philospher can explain." In contemporary rock music, the area in which I operate, music seems less inclined to have it's soul, restless and quivering, the sadness rarely that Lorca taks about. Excitement often; anger sometimes; but true sadness, rarely. Bob Dylan has always had it. Leonard Cohen deals specifically in it. It pursues Van Morrison like a black dog and though he tries he cannot escape it. Tom Waits and Neil Young can summon it. It haunts Polly Harvey. My friends the Dirty 3 have it by the bucket load. The band Spiritualized are excited by it. Tindersticks desperately want it but all in all it would appear that duende is too fragile to survive the brutality of technology and the ever increasing acceleration of the music industry" (lecture of the love song 99)

Nick Cave: "Is This Desire" was an uncomfortable record to listen too"

Nick Cave: "We didn't know what was happening in that video or what was happening between us physically. None of it was rehearsed. Before that video we weren't rogether..afterwards we were."

Mick Harvey: "The album is an exceptional piece of work, quite unlike anything out at the moment"

Mick Harvey: "she's 'very
very bizarre, and very beautiful'."

Mick Harvey: " The album's mainly a record of bluesy numbers. But there's some folky accoustic songs on there too. Such as the desperate kingdom of love. "Some of the material is of the best she's ever written(on Uh Huh Her)

Mick Harvey: "Polly's got a great voice. There's alot of enegy and power in it. And it has flexibility"

Michael Gira(Swans): " I could not comment because I have not listened to much music outside of my own material in the past year. However there are people like PJ Harvey who have always impressed me whenever I hear their music."(circa 97)

Michael Gira(Swans): "Oh, let me see now‹Brian Eno, Bob Dylan, Low, John Cale, Leonard Cohen, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Del McCoury, Johnny Cash, Whitehouse, Pansonic, PJ Harvey, Doc Watson."(on who he would like to work with)

Buzz Osbourne(The Melvins on who he would like to collaborate with): "I don`t know really, but let`s see: Lou Reed, John Williams, Barry Adamson, Eric Clapton, John Cage, Coil, Ozzy Osbourne, Annie Lennox, Bob Weir, P J Harvey, The Stones, Ringo Starr, The Black Heart Procession, Iggy Pop"

Stuart Braithwaite(Mogwai): "We asked deftones singer chino moreno to add vocals to a track recorded during the sessions for 'rock action', with the working title of 'cortez'. recording and touring schedules meant that this never happened. cat power and pj harvey were also approached."

Fallout Boy: "Play PJ Harvey's "You Come Through" for their session

Spiderbait: "Play PJ's "50 ft Queenie" on rage"

Marc Campbell(The Nails): "I like PJ Harvey"

Camile Grey(Uh Huh Her): " I've always just done that. When I was in Mellowdrone I did that and I just feel it's sexy. You know, women, heels, guitar, PJ Harvey - I just think it's sexy. It's more of an aesthetic than you know, a feeling. I also think it's challenging and I like to challenge."

Camille Grey: "Together their brains settled on a band name inspired by P.J. Harvey. "It's a song that [Harvey's] had for a long time, a B-side that didn't end up making the record," Grey explained. "I've always liked the name of that song, and then coming across it again later and deciding, oh wow, it's a great name for a band."

Uh Huh Her: "Uh Huh Her is named after a PJ Harvey album...is PJ Harvey your most significant influence?
"We love her to death, but it wasn't because of that. We had a list of I think almost a hundred names and we were a three-piece at the time, a girl three-piece, so it fit."

to be cont.

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 pm 

Oh my god, Trent Reznor, Kat Bjelland!!!!!!! My heart just melted from joy. Trent Reznor is totally my idol. God; I'm so exited for the new PJ album!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 am 

Jean Louis-Murat: "I wrote a song because I liked her red tights"(on his song Polly Jean)

Jean Louis-Murat: "I did not have much time with the round and besides the album but I like much the last PJ Harvey, which is a super good disc, like the precedent. That will not go, that will be a failure. The more excellent its albums is, the less it sells some, it is despairing but it is also encouraging: i.e. that one should not go obligatorily in the direction of the public."(circa 2009) (translated from french)

Jean Louis-Murat: "This song on PJ Harvey was born l' last year during its concert with the Road of the Rock'n'roll of Saint-Malo. It was the night of shooting stars and me, I' stays in full medium, vis-a-vis the scene, and I' clearly saw a shooting star which arrived right on it. The thirty people who were in my perimeter saw the same thing and one s' all is looked at, one was petrified. I' was like if God l' finger had shown to say to us: " Look at, here is my beloved daughter. " (again dosen't make much sense)

Jean Louis-Murat: "PJ Harvey is differently sexy"

Jean Louis-Murat: "She likes what is rough as me but she must be more intello since qu' she left her kingdom rotted d' England to go to clear in the middle of the New Yorkean intellectuals. Over there it has many installations and d' attitudes. In more it is in household with Vincent Gallo who is l' prototype of l' intello which does not want especially to be taken for a intello but which in is nevertheless at bottom! But good: provided qu' it s' amuse and makes good discs, its private life looks at us rather little finally (to laugh)"

Stephen Malkmus(Pavement): "A good voice isn't so important. It's more important to sound really unique. We need more singers like P.J. Harvey or Shirley Manson, Dylan or Lou Reed. They really got their own cool style. I believe everybody can sing. " (Polly actually does have a conventionally good as well as unique voice..but anyway.)

Bob Dylan: "All of a sudden Dylan becomes sparky and animated"- "50ft Queenie, that's a good song"

Jakob Dylan(The Wallflowers): "Wallflower's frontman spotted at a PJ Harvey show in the late 90's"

James McCartney(paul mccartney's son): "Cites Nirvana, The Cure, Radiohead and PJ Harvey as musical inspirations"

Bono: "Yeah, she is nice. Do you have a crush on her skeleton? [laughing]" (telephone conversation with captain beefheart circa 2001)

Bono: "Quotes the chorus of Harvey's Rid of Me" (2001)

Bono: "Spotted with Paul McGuinness at one of Harvey's concerts" (98)"

Bono: "She see's the voice as one colour, and an instrument as another"

Bono: ""I had a lot of problems with my voice over the last few years. I kept losing it," Bono said. "I never thought of myself as a singer. People like Björk or Polly Harvey would say, 'You're a singer, you should make a singing record,' [so] I wanted to get to a place where I could really sing."

Bono: " Bono requested champagne which made it festive. And he never gets shot with chicks so he was very happy to have Polly Harvey there" (on the 2001 spin shoot)

Bono: "'Thank you to PJ Harvey and Bob Fisher for building this place.' he says, as
Adam, Larry and Edge begin playing Walk On.

U2: "The band were so impressed that they persuaded Harvey to go on tour with them"

Morrissey: "Morrissey was a fan of PJ Harvey and originally wanted her to tour with him in the early 90's but she chose u2 instead"

Johnny Marr: "Johhny Marr and Andy Rourke by the side of the stage watching PJ Harvey"

Johnny Marr: "Picks his favourite's of the peel sessions, Including Pulp, PJ Harvey and other artists"

Ian Astbury(The Cult): " The space has been held for so long by Radiohead, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and we’ve looked to them as the upholders of music with integrity and drama and subtext. In guitar based music we haven’t really had that equivalent, there have been very few artists who have come along and captures people’s imaginations in that respect."

Tom Petty: "I've just been recently indroduced to PJ Harvey by my keyboard player who is a huge fan. And now I am"

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 17 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 am 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Red Hot Chili Peppers worship at the alter of PJ Harvey" (circa 93)

Anthony Kiedis: "If pj harvey was here, i would say Flea, would you mind leaving me alone for a minute.." FLEA: And I would say, "Sure Anthony!" and take PJ Harvey

Anthony Kiedis: “PJ Harvey is sizzling. I love PJ Harvey. And I get very hot sensation when I listen to her records. I met her and I felt like an eight year old kid.”

Anthony Kiedis: " And while its not clear who the she is he did say at the time he was blown away by PJ Harvey describing her as "My fabourite thing right now". He names her albums "Dry" and Rid of Me as big influences. "I can't stop listening to any of them. Pure genius" Anthony actually did meet Harvey while the band where rehersing in their hollywood studio and she checked in next door. "I could hear her singing in the next room with that beautiful voice. I was just standing there watching her and I got caught. I felt like a naughty school boy it was a special moment."

Anthony Kiedis: "I never knew a PJ Harvey show I didn't like," said longtime fan Anthony
Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "She's a true artist; she's the goods."
Kiedis said Stories has been on permanent rotation in his house ever since
he snagged a prerelease copy. The album hits stores Oct"

Anthony Kiedis: "Anthony Keidis was ushered to a pit reserved for contest
winners (and he's not even on Virgin Records) to enjoy the gig. And did
he. "PJ makes my brain go funny and my heart all swollen," he swooned.
"I'm just madly in love with her."

Anthony Kiedis: "Fucking crazy for PJ"

Flea: "Tell Polly I'd swim across the ocean just to play one note for her. I'm such a huge fan of that woman.

Flea: ""I met P.J. Harvey and
I was like, 'Uh..will
you marry me?' "

More shortly.

Anthony Kiedis and Flea talking about PJ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucDYNsFtZMg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 am 
Site Admin

Hell and High Water wrote:
Here, this will just take a sec if your commas are consistent...

Spoiler! :
A Perfect Cirlce (whole band),
Adalita Srsen (Magic Dirt. Australia''s answer to Garbage),
Afghan Wings (Greg Dulli's band),
Alain Johannes (Eleven),
Alanis Morisette,
Alice Bag ( from the fantastic early LA punk outfit ("The Bags"),
Alison Krauss (country singer),
Alsion Moyet (Yazoo),
Amy Gore ( from a great garage outfit called "gore gore girls"),
Amy Lee (Evanescence),
Ana Matronic (Scissor Sisters),
Ane Brun,
Anita Lane (excellent post-punk singer from Australia. Very much involved in early seeds work),
Ann Shenton (Chicks on Speed),
Annie DiFranco,
Anthrax (whole band),
Arial Pink,
Ash (whole band),
Atticus Ross (12 Rounds) Dean Ween (Ween),
Australia's answer to Joy Division),
Avril Lavigne ( No Comment............),
Badly Drawn Boy,
Beck,
Ben Harper,
Ben McMillan (Skin Yard),
Ben Pritchard & Mark E Smith (The Fall),
Bernard Fanning (Australian group Powderfinger),
Beth Orton,
Billy Bragg,
Billy Childish,
Bjork,
Black Heart Procession (whole band),
Black Light Burns (whole band),
Bloc Party (whole band),
Bob Dylan,
Bob Mould (Husker Du),
Bombole Di Pezza (another riot grrrl-esque group),
Bonnie Raitt ,
Bono ( and alll of U2),
Boss Hogg (whole band),
Boy George,
Brett Anderson (Suede),
Buzz Osbourne( The Melvins) Uh Huh Her (newish highly polly inspired band! lol!) Stuart Braithwaite (Mogwai),
Calamity Jane (whole band...another shitty riot grrl group),
Calexico,
Captain Beefheart,
Carina Round,
Carla Bozulich,
Carole King,
Cat Power,
Cedric Bixler-Zavala ( frontman of At-the drive in. In Mars Volta too..though ATDI were much better),
Chirs Cornell,
Chris Goss (Masters of Reality),
Chris Vrenna & Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails),
Chrissie Amphlett (The Divinyls),
Christian "Flake" Lorenz (Rammstein),
Chryssie Hynde,
Coal Chamber (whole band),
Coldpay (whole band),
Colette Thurlow (The Vulgarians)
Daisy Chainsaw(whole band),
Danielle Dax (excellent no-wave/ post punk singer from the band "lemon kittens"),
Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode),
Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd),
David Bowie,
David Byrne (Talking Heads),
David Lowery (Camper Van Beethoven),
David Yow (Jesus Lizard),
Deftones (whole band),
Delta 5 (band in similar vein to "Bush Tetras"),
Diamanda Galas (attended one of her shows),
Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries),
Don Waller (from a fantastic obscure early punk band called "the imperial dogs),
Doug Walker,
Dresden Dolls (whole band),
Duke Spirit (whole band) New Pony Club (whole band),
Duncan Sheik,
Echobelly (whole band),
Elbow (whole band) ,
Ella Hooper (from the godawful australian band "killing Heidi"),
Elvis Costello,
Evan Dando (The Lemonheads),
Excene Cervenka ( LA punk outfit "X"),
Fallout Boy ( whole band!!!! Jesus Christ! . Its a shame that the epitome of bad taste shares something in common with the rest of us!) Ashlee Simpson (dear god!),
Family Cat,
Feist,
Filter (whole band),
Florence Welch (Florence & The Machine),
Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl and the gigantic bassist Krist Novoselic),
Francoise Hardy,
Franz Ferdinand (whole band),
Fred Schneider (B-52's),
Gallon Drunk,
Gavin Rossdale (Bush),
Giant Sand (haha),
Gina Birch & Ana De Silva (The Raincoats),
Gogol Bordelllo (whole band),
Gordan Gano (Violent Femmes),
Graham Coxon & Damon Albarn (Blur),
Grant Nicholas (Feeder),
Grape,
Gravy (Mushroomhead),
Green Day (whole band),
Groove Amada (Whole band),
Gwen Stefani,
Harvey Milk,
Heather Nova,
Henry Rollins (Black Flag),
Hole (whole band),
Howe Gelb,
Ian Astbury (The Cult),
Ian Stewart (ha ha),
Iggy Pop,
Imogen Heap,
Incubus (whole band),
Inger Lore (The Nymphs),
Interpol (whole band),
J Mascis ( Dinosaur Jr),
Jakob Dylan ( The Wallflowers),
James McCartney (Paul McCartney's son),
Jamie Cullem,
Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu),
Jarvis Cocker (Pulp),
Jason Pierce (Spiritualized),
Jean-Louis Murat,
Jeff Buckley,
Jennifer Lopez ( I might be sick!),
Jenny Wilson (The Knife),
Jesicka (Jack off Jill),
Joanna Newsom,
Joey Castillo (Danzig),
John Hiatt,
John Squire (Stone Roses),
John Wesley Harding,
Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi),
Joni Mitchell,
Josh Freese (The Vandals) Japandroids (whole band),
Josh Graham (Neurosis),
Josh Todd (Buckcherry),
Juan Manuel (mexican musician),
Julianna Hatfield (Blake Babies),
Juliette Lewis,
Justine Frischmann (Elastica),
K.d. Lang,
Kaiser Chiefs (whole band),
Karen Elson (Jack White's wife),
Kat Bjelland (Babes In Toyland),
Kate Nash,
Kathleen Hanna & Tobi Vail (Bikini Kill),
Katy Steele (Little Birdy. Which are another Australian band),
Keith Morris (Circle Jerks),
Kelli Dayton (Sneaker Pimps),
Kim Deal & others) Thurston Moore,
Kim Gordon & Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth),
Kim Thayil & James Cameron (Soundgarden),
Kirk Hammett & Lars Ulrich (Metallica),
Knife & Fork (bet you didn't see that one coming!),
KT Tunstall,
Kurt Danileson (TAD),
Laura-Mary Carter & Steve Ansell (Blood Red Shoes),
Lauren Hoffman,
Lisa Marie Presley,
Live (whole band),
Lorna Doone (The Germs),
Lou Reed,
Lou Rhodes (Lamb),
Lucinda Williams,
Luscious Jackson (whole band),
Madonna,
Marc Campbell (from early punk band "the Nails"),
Margo Timmins (Cowboy Junkies),
Marianne Faithfull,
Marilyn Manson & Twiggy Ramirez (Manson Band),
Mark Lanegan,
Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse),
Matt Bellamy (Muse),
Maynard James Keenan (Tool),
Michael Gira (Swans),
Michael Stipe (REM),
Miki Berenyi (Lush),
Moby,
Modest Mouse (whole band),
Moonshake,
Morrissey & Johnny Marr ( The Smiths) Chris Gari ( Wayne County & The Electric Chairs),
Mr. Jim (Misfits),
My Ruin (whole band),
Natalie Imbruglia,
Natalie Merchant (10000 Maniacs),
Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes),
Nelly Furtado (hmm..pretty bad though Van Morrison quality compared to the previous two listed),
Niagara Detroit ( excellent protopunk band from detroit called "Destroy All Monsters"),
Nick Cave (and all the seeds),
Nicky Wire (Manic Street Preachers),
Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue),
Nirvana (The late Great Kurt Cobain,
Norah Jones,
Oderus Urangus (Gwar),
Patrick Wolf,
Patti Smith,
Paul Kelly (paul kelly & the coloured girls..an 80's australian new wave band),
Peaches,
Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction),
Peter Gabriel,
Peter Kopppes ( Aussie new wave band "the Church),
Peter Murphy & Daniel Ash (Bauhaus),
Peter Steele (Typo O Negative),
Pink ( F***! I don't know whether that's flattering or embarassing!),
Pink Turns Blue (semi recent post punk band),
Pinky Beecroft (Machine Gun Felatio. Another alt rock band from Australia),
Pinky MaClure,
Placebo (whole band),
Portishead (whole band),
Purgatory Hill (whole band),
Queen Latifah (rather odd..but then again she likes Blondie.),
Queens of the Stone Age,
Radiohead (whole band),
Red Hot Chili Peppers (whole band),
Reef (whole band),
Richard Einhorn (classical composer),
Rick Wilder (Mau Maus),
Rickie Lee Jones,
Ringo Starr,
Robert Forster (Go-Betweens,
Robert Levon Been (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club),
Robert Smith (The Cure),
Roni Size,
Rykarda Parasol,
Sarah Blasko (Australian singer),
Scott Walker (Walker Brothers),
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots),
Sepultra (whole band),
Shakira (good god!),
Shane McGowan (The Pogues),
Shara Worden (My Brightest Diamond),
Sheryl Crow,
Shihad (whole band. Kiwi alt band),
Shirley Manson & Butch vig (Garbage),
Simon Archer,
Simon Ratcliffe (Basement Jaxx),
Siouxsie Sioux,
Sleater Kinney (whole band),
Smashing Pumpkins (whole band),
Sophie Ellis Bextor,
Spiderbait (aussie alt rock band),
Stephen Malkmus (Pavement),
Steve Albini & Todd Trainer (Shellac),
Steven Severin & Budgie (Siouxsie & The Banshees),
Steven Tyler,
Stewart Copeland (The Police),
Susan Hyatt (Pillbox),
Suzanne Vega,
Tanya Donelly (Belly),
Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters),
Tegan and Sara( Canadian pop duo) Mark Thaite & Wayne Hussey (The Mission- excellent UK post punk band),
Tenacious D (Jack Black & Kyle Gass),
Th' Faith Healers,
The Distillers ( the whole band),
The Doves (whole band),
The Eels (whole band),
The Jains,
The Kills (whole band),
The Naked & The Dead (whole band) Marty E Concussion (Dirty Pearls),
The Pixies ( Frank Black,
The Strokes (whole band),
Theo (Lunachicks),
Thom Sebastian (american country singer),
Tiffany Anders,
Tim Finn (Crowded House),
Tom McCrae,
Tom Morello & Zach De LA Rocha (Rage Against The Machine),
Tom Petty,
Tom Waits,
Toni Haliday ( Curve),
Tori Amos,
Toyah Wilcox,
Tracy Bonham,
Tracy Thorn (everything but the girl) Marina & The Diamonds,
Trevor Dunn (Mr Bungle),
Tricky,
Veruca Salt (whole band),
Vincent Gallo,
Warren Zevon,
Weird Al Yankovich,
Wes Boreland (Limp Bizkit),
White Stripes (whole band),
Will Oldham,
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (whole band),

And they were, except for the Chile Peppers! ;)

If I were a CEO I would want you as my secretary.

Here, have a chile pepper. Image

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 pm 

Tracy Bonham is a PJ fan. She also did a cover of 50ft Queenie.

I am curious about the Marilyn Manson quote. When did he say he loves Polly?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm 

Skinned wrote:

Hang on I'll get to that. He adores her! Been declaring his love for her since 95.

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:01 pm 

Skinned wrote:

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Skinned wrote:

Hang on I'll get to that. He adores her! Being declaring his love for her since 95.
She's in the list.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Skinned wrote:

Hang on I'll get to that. He adores her! Being declaring his love for her since 95.

huh, I'd be interested in reading that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:32 pm 

^ thought i'd try doing some homework and ran across this http://youtu.be/DYFjvUqdQzE

Unrelated to him liking her or not but a Manson fan thought it was a good match

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 pm 

Delta 5: "I like Whale, Pulp, P.J. Harvey, Bjork and Oasis as well. "

Dave Gahan: "PJ Harvey is my favourite girl band"

Dave Gahan(on despearte kingdom of love): ""A beautiful song. I would have loved to have heard Johnny Cash's version."

Dave Gahan: " For my next album I want to work with PJ Harvey and Bjork"

Dave Gahan: " PJ Harvey, Björk. If the voice interests me, then I’m interested to listen to what’s happening."

Dave Gahan: "I would like to work with PJ Harvey, I know Nick Cave has. She has a really distictive voice."

Dave Gahan: "We went to see PJ Harvey. She was really good"

Elvis Costello: "All her songs seem to be about bleeding and fucking"

Elvis Costello: " You can sum PJ Harvey's music up in three words "Blood and Fucking"!"

Elvis Costello(when he performed with..the name's slipping me at the moment) "Elvis recommended PJ Harvey's "Pocket Knife"."

Elvis Costello: "Its hard to believe that a little women from Dorset could come along and make noise so scary, it hasn't been heard since the days of Howlin' Wolf."

Elvis Costello: "Costello list's Harvey's Rid of Me as one of the albums you must hear before you die"

Elvis Costello: "Costello names PJ Harvey's Rid of Me as one of the best album's of the year" (93)

Elvis Costello: "Costello names PJ Harvey's Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea as one of the albums of the year" (01)

Elvis Costello: "Does Elvis Costello listen to wrap music? "Does Elvis Costello listen to rap music? "I… find it kind of difficult. Frankly, rap or heavy metal, I don’t buy them for a simple reason: life is too short. On one hand I already know what they’re going to tell me even before having listened to the record, on the other hand, they are going to tell me again and again: “I am the greatest! I am the strongest!” Besides that, what’s new? No, I prefer listening to the demos by PJ Harvey. Or Björk."

Elvis Costello: "it's amazing that a small woman from Dorset can make a sound as scary as that made by Howlin'Wolf"

Weird Al Yankovich: 'She's excellent. There's something exotic and weird about her, but she's sexy in a bizarre kind of way. It's like a New York sexy vibe. It's hard to pinpoint. She's a great songwriter and a very interesting performer, very eminently watchable'

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 am, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:49 pm 

Your initial list makes my eyes hurt Polly_Jean_Cave :wink: so if Melissa Auf der Maur is already on it, all appologies. I tossed in a quote to make it worth while just in case...

"It gave me goose bumps. it dared to be so withdrawn and trance-like for so long ... I loved it."

-Melissa on PJ Harvey's performance at the Wiltern Theatre.

EDIT: just noticed that H&HW had cleaned up the list, thanks Hell!

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Dave Gahan: "PJ Harvey is my favourite girl band"
:laugh:

Last edited by bluesman on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:29 pm 

bluesman wrote:
Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Skinned wrote:

huh, I'd be interested in reading that

Ok,

Marilyn Manson: "Down by the water is one of my favourite songs in the whole world"

Marilyn Manson: "I like to draw pictures of myself having sex with PJ Harvey"

Marilyn Manson: "I love the new PJ Harvey record" (circa 2001)

Marilyn Manson(when asked of the artists he considers relevant over the last few years) "PJ Harvey and Radiohead" (circa 2001)

Marilyn Manson: "I listen to Bowie, PJ Harvey, Prince, Jeff Buckley, Cat Stevens, Slayer, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs—I’m into stuff that has a darker sense of romance to it." (2008)

Marilyn Manson(when asked what albums he was listening to during the recording of his latest album): "I was predominantly listening to Diamond Dogs, Purple Rain and To Bring You My Love by PJ Harvey" (2007)

Marilyn Manson: ""Manson also hopes to collaborate with some female artists, especially PJ Harvey and Tori Amos" (2002)

Marilyn Manson: "I hope um, you know, to see stuff from all the really great artists, There's a lot of underground people that, uh, like James Hall or PJ Harvey or, uh, a lot of people that I really have respect for that I'd love to see thrive in the next few years."

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next