It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Questions for Polly
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
olivier101 wrote:
Pitifuljoy wrote:
Upon listening to "M-Bike", I wondered if PJ would now cringe at the lyrics, kind of like some of us would upon reading an old, let's say, diary entry from when we were teenagers or something similar. :laugh:

I made myself the reflection that those were probably her weakest lyrics... Knowing her immense gift as a songwriter, I for one do cringe when listening to this song :???:

Haha yeah, same here. I guess she will never ever play this live ever again eh? :laugh:

I don't know, I feel like the lyrics are intentionally bad. She's got a pretty good sense of humor about these things and if you watch her face during this performance, it seems like she's in on the joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCY5yFErCY4

Post subject: Re: Questions for Polly
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 pm 

I actually like that song a lot. It's really fun to play.
On the other hand, I think Polly's always got that weird sense of humor. Pretty dark, indeed (not as extreme as I am, though). She's never taken herself THAT serious (at least in the early stages of her career. You can see that in the "50ft Queenie" video) and we can't forget that "Dress" is another comedy song and pretty ironic too, at least for me. I've seen worse lyrics than those in "Maniac", for example ;)