It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 am 

I read this interview from last year: http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2009/04/1 ... more-23895

"A running joke over the past 20 years: He’ll say, “This is where I’m right and you’re wrong.” And it’s not only a joke between me and him, but him and his wife; he’ll say it to her sometimes, too. Anyway, when we were making White Chalk, we had this almost stereotypical moment in the studio where we’d been working on a song for a week straight—a song called “The Devil”—and I thought it was in 6/8 time, and he thought it was in four. And this argument escalated all week; we were swearing at each other, and then the words came out of his mouth. “This is where I am right and you’re wrong.” [Laughs] That was just the end of it right there."

Am I the only one who thinks it would be really cool to hear them argue about time signatures, or am I just a huge geek?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 am 

It would be highly entertaining to listen to them argue about that. Ironically, I believe these "shop talk" things are what they love to talk about, but are rarely asked by jounalists.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm 

Thanks for the link to this, haven't read it before. Reminds me of the White Chalk EPK, when they were talking about what Eric had played for "Before Departure".