It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 am 

'Perfect' irritated me a bit when it came out, but Eddi Reader has a great voice. I think there are far more deserving targets than her. This sparked a good debate on The Guardian's comments section. :-):

'And the most wrong Brits winner is …It's that time again when the music biz gathers to give gongs to the least-deserving of acts. Here are some classic clangers

The Guide

The Guardian, Saturday 13 February 2010

Radiohead have never won a Brit. PJ Harvey's never won a Brit. Dizzee Rascal's never won a Brit. Nor have The Smiths, The Stone Roses, Gorillaz, The Streets, Daft Punk, Missy Elliott, Alicia Keys, Morrissey or Pulp (although Jarvis did get to waft his bum at Jacko). But these goons have. WTFs all round.'

Whole thing on link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/ ... brit-award

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:52 am 

Go to link for suggestions from people in the music industry. Rob Da Bank chose 'OK Computer' by Radiohead. Brits list at the bottom. No Radiohead! No Portishead! No Stone Roses! No Smiths! No Polly! But I'm biased. Oh, and The Brits are always crap, so why worry. I'm not a fan of awards, anyway :

Better than the Brits: The Independent on Sunday offers an alternative selection

On Tuesday, the nation's premier music awards will announce the best British album of the past 30 years. The shortlist, though, has been met with derision. We asked the experts for some more fitting suggestions

Interviews by Paul Bignell and Will Harmon

The 30th Brit Awards

The great and the good of the British music industry gather at the Earls Court Arena, west London, on Tuesday for the 30th annual Brit Awards. One new award to feature in this year's show, hosted by the comedian Peter Kay, is proving too close to call. It's for the best British album of the past three decades, and the 10-strong shortlist has been scorned in some quarters.

The nominated albums are:

Coldplay, A Rush of Blood to the Head

Dido, No Angel

Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms

Duffy, Rockferry

Keane, Hopes & Fears

Oasis, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Phil Collins, No Jacket Required

Sade, Diamond Life

The Verve, Urban Hymns

Travis, The Man Who

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 99135.html

Mark Steel