It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Micky and Sham!

Sham: I moved your post as this topic seemed more appropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 pm 

Yeah.. Yes...

Will discuss...

I used to have an auto from PJ signed in blue sharpie from a reputable L.A. radio station i got from ebay in 1999~2000.. i sold it... a bad regret, as the net and autographs in general are becomeing more untrustable..

Been a PJH fan for 16 years.. First album was is this desire...

Thanks

BTW is this the biggest PJH forum??

Im usually not a huge forum goer.. Love PJ... Well you know how it goes...

BTW: please forgive me for being drunk....

I was listening to The River the other day... i am a very sensitive person to others, though i would never admit this.. ive heard this song 8000 times.. and i got the impression that PJH may have been using commercial painkillers and light dwelves into alcoholism durring this time.. she said she used alcohol lightly....

NO im not just a lightweight sandbag fan.. etc.. etc.. etc..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome!

As this was your first post, I moved it here. Yes, this is most likely the biggest PJH forum, the official forum has been shut down. It's pretty quiet right now, we're all waiting for news, any news...

Post subject: Welcome to The Garden
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:08 pm 

Hello every fans of PJ Harvey!

I am a french new fan of PJ Harvey's songs. To be true, i am a newbie though i know her for years.
The fact is I never payed attention to their works before (feel shame) until a few months ago. Then i was ashamed what this artist is able to do.

So i decided to register here to share news with all the community.

See you among the osts here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:57 am 

Welcome aboard IorekB!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:43 pm 

Hello, i'm from italy
I'm pj fan since about 1995. I remember to hear a concert on radio: Nirvana in Rome. After the concert go another song: Naked cousin by PJ Harvey. After this moment i search PJ music. I've buy some album. So i known her music, i love Dry, This is Desire, also Hum hum her and Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, difficult with Rid of me. After, the subsequent albums i found more close, White chalk and A Woman a Man Walked By, i'm not found the freedom that i found previousoly, the resarch of voice that i know. I think is a stop of this resarch like another artist that i love, Tori Amos. So, for a few years i'm not followed PJ, however i listened her old e beloved music.
Now, in this year, i went to youtube to see my favourite artists and i discovered a new album, new songs. I've listened these and i was struck (traduction is ok?). Listened and listened the new album Let the England Shake i undrstand that this music is very high level, are a new step in the research of PJ. Songs are beautifull, i love All and Everyone, but the others are considerable. Great musician accopany her and her choise is interesting, this is a concept album, i think. And her voice go up and down, altough sills influenced by previous albums. Wellcome back PJ. Now i wait, like you the new album.
I searched on web a forum of PJ, but this is the only one. I struggle to understand the arguments, but I liked to share my thoughts. Sure to be understood by someone.
Sorry for my English, i will follow you.

See you...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:44 pm 

Nice to find this special community! I'm a new fan. Looking forward to reading lots about Polly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings! And welcome to the Garden. There's lots to read, be sure to check the archives for old posts. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 pm 

Hello Diego74!
Hello Rosesgarden!

Welcome aboard! that's a great forum to find infos. Don't hesitate to share things.

Let's not forget 2015-2016 will be rich for PJ's news... :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 pm 

I’ve posted a greeting on the ‘Meet the Gardeners’ thread but I think that may take some time to be noticed so I will post here as well! Of course it won’t be as good trying to remember what I said.

I heard ‘Sheela-na-Gig’ when John Peel first played it in 1992, and that was it, really. Since then PJ has woven in and out of my life remarkably, and I now find myself in the position of having to have two Polly-less days a week, a bit like not drinking to make sure you aren’t addicted. I come from Dorset so that’s a large part of it: whenever I find myself back there the words are there too (I was at the chapel at Abbotsbury last week: it’s full of pigeons at the moment and stinks of guano). I’m booked in at the Brixton Academy in October and my long-suffering young lady is even coming, to hold my hand as I weep solidly for an hour and a quarter.

I’ve already found some very helpful information on the forum, so thank you so much for maintaining it and for having me here.

James

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:13 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
I’ve posted a greeting on the ‘Meet the Gardeners’ thread but I think that may take some time to be noticed so I will post here as well! Of course it won’t be as good trying to remember what I said.

I heard ‘Sheela-na-Gig’ when John Peel first played it in 1992, and that was it, really. Since then PJ has woven in and out of my life remarkably, and I now find myself in the position of having to have two Polly-less days a week, a bit like not drinking to make sure you aren’t addicted. I come from Dorset so that’s a large part of it: whenever I find myself back there the words are there too (I was at the chapel at Abbotsbury last week: it’s full of pigeons at the moment and stinks of guano). I’m booked in at the Brixton Academy in October and my long-suffering young lady is even coming, to hold my hand as I weep solidly for an hour and a quarter.

I’ve already found some very helpful information on the forum, so thank you so much for maintaining it and for having me here.

James

Welcome aboard James!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:26 pm 

Hello, I'm a french PJH fan, I like playing his songs, and since months it's with a tribute band. I'm glad I found this forum :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 pm 

Long, long time lurker - finally decided to register, mainly because I came across something I found really interesting on Youtube today that I had not seen before - and judging by the number of views not many people have (at least not on youtube anyway)....So I looked to see if had been posted on here previously and appears hasn't (apologies if has a d I have missed it) and I thought i would share it here.

It is a video in two parts talking about the making of Uh Huh Her.

Part 1:

https://youtu.be/RaaDsJBW0P4

Part 2:

https://youtu.be/5exY00sG7yA

If most people have seen it before, fair do's - for anyone who hasn't, enjoy!

Last edited by an tha on Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:05 pm 

Welcome an tha!

I took the liberty of adding your links without the "t=" in them since the board software doesn't properly recognize them as youtube links (and show a clickable image) with them included.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:24 pm 

DrDark wrote:
Welcome an tha!

I took the liberty of adding your links without the "t=" in them since the board software doesn't properly recognize them as youtube links (and show a clickable image) with them included.

Thanks for the welcome.

I thought just posting the links with the youtube wraparound would work, but new here so not used to the software - not showing to me as clickable now though, but maybe that is my phone....was trying to embed them, but sorted now anyway cheers.

Looking forward to joining in the discussion....

Interesting Twitter post yesterday from Polly - reissues of those early albums maybe??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next