It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 pm 

I like it better already ;) Great job you guys :)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, and welcome.

I'm mesmerized by your avatar, what was I going to say?:...

Oh, we hope to move important posts and links over from the old site, but we haven't decided quite how to go about it. We can talk about that this week.

Also, check out the new styles, but note that the one called "360Elite" is not finished. If you look at it, you'll see what it was before we started.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 pm 

hello to everyone :> the board looks great, i really admire you guys for keeping this all organised.

Pocket Knife wrote:
We also encourage you to copy whatever posts and/ or threads you'd like to have saved and paste them here.
what do you mean precisely? if you tell me what exactly to do i can help somehow.

as for my proposition i would exchange the favicon, i don't think it suits to the board. the favicon is black-white and the board is all blue. i'm using this one: Image i hope you guys see it ;) but that's only my complain, it isn't necessary of course.

oh, and i've just noticed that postimage doesn't work, but maybe it's temporary problem.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm 

Hell and High Water wrote:
Thanks, and welcome.

I'm mesmerized by your avatar, what was I going to say?:...

Oh, we hope to move important posts and links over from the old site, but we haven't decided quite how to go about it. We can talk about that this week.

Also, check out the new styles, but note that the one called "360Elite" is not finished. If you look at it, you'll see what it was before we started.

Haha sorry :laugh:

I'm currently using the "Hermes Green' style actually. I like it a lot. Also the fact that its dark enough so its not easily readable by my boss in case he happens to walk by and I don't hit command+h fast enough! :grin:

Also, I take it there is no way to like, import info from the old forum and let the codes in this forum override it, but still manage to be used/readable? Sorry, my HTML/BCC/all net lingo coding knowledge is so mediocre.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

megique wrote:
Pocket Knife wrote:
We also encourage you to copy whatever posts and/ or threads you'd like to have saved and paste them here.
what do you mean precisely? if you tell me what exactly to do i can help somehow.

Precisely, it's hard to tell. We won't be able to copy all posts, but if there's anything you guys have taken the time to write down, or a specific thread, like collected articles, instructions to something, they can be copied here. What you need to keep in mind is if that place goes down we won't be able to save them, so save whatever you like from there. As soon as we start copying we should have a better idea of how to do it.

I like your favicon, though I'm not sure we can change favicons on each skin, so it'd probably have to be this same one for all different colors of the boards. Dale?

As for the image posting, it's not working right now but maybe the site is down temporarily. I'll take this complaint to the problems thread and if it doesn't work later we can check it out.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Also, I take it there is no way to like, import info from the old forum and let the codes in this forum override it, but still manage to be used/readable? Sorry, my HTML/BCC/all net lingo coding knowledge is so mediocre.

Whatever you copy from there that is coded in BBCode will look exactly the same here. It seems to me most people use BBCode rather than HTML, and if they use the latter there are alternatives to it using BBCode.

To copy posts that were posted by yourself you can simply go to edit on the old Garden and copy and paste. If it's not yours the quote button will do it, and if it doesn't have any tags you can just select the text, copy and paste it here.

Just some complementary info, not sure if this answers your question but HaHW can tell you more later since he's the code man.

Count me in as a fan of Hermes Green. :thumb:

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't know people could change favicons? Please tell me how that's done.

I put up that one just because it was right in front of me at the time. We can swap it out any time. And if there's a way to have different ones for different styles, I can do that too.

------

The database backup is the whole issue. If we could get a backup from the old site, I would have tried to convert it and use it here. But the old host says they won't give us one, and once we've started here, it's done.

My thought was that we should leave the old board open so people can copy the source code of posts. But it won't do to leave it open forever, we'll have to start locking things down after a while. We have no plans to delete anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:56 pm 

Pocket Knife wrote:
Precisely, it's hard to tell. We won't be able to copy all posts, but if there's anything you guys have taken the time to write down, or a specific thread, like collected articles, instructions to something, they can be copied here. What you need to keep in mind is if that place goes down we won't be able to save them, so save whatever you like from there. As soon as we start copying we should have a better idea of how to do it.
ok, i will wait for you to start it.

Pocket Knife wrote:
I like your favicon, though I'm not sure we can change favicons on each skin, so it'd probably have to be this same one for all different colors of the boards. Dale?
this picture is in every skin so i think it suits every of them.

as for board skins i prefer standard blue colors ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm 

in Firefox yes. all you have to do is install add-on. i'm using this one but i've just found the latter one. it's very useful and it saves much space on the bookmarks toolbar (if some page doesn't have its own default favicon).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

megique wrote:
this picture is in every skin so i think it suits every of them.

Yeah the picture is in every skin so it should be good enough, even though someone has said our picture is ugly lol. Either way, it is the color of our default skin so I'm fine with it. We don't have plans to change the default skin for now.

I can do it in my browser, too. So it's external to the website.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

Really! I'll look into it. I just have a generic favicon for the old Garden.

The one and only way I thought it worked, was that there is a tiny image in the root folder called "favicon.ico" I didn't know you could override that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
Pocket Knife wrote:
^we were wondering who the hell Bloozzy was. :)

well i'm wondering who the hell Joe the Plumber is??? third member!! :shocked: :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:04 am 
Site Admin

I found a favicon ad-on for Safari called "Glims." http://www.machangout.com/

It does other stuff too but I haven't tried it out yet.

PostImage is back! Rah! Image

Joe the Plumber is a long time PJ Harvey fan. I thought you knew? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
Joe the Plumber is a long time PJ Harvey fan. I thought you knew? :roll:

hey who you rolling your eyes at :laugh:

nah, never heard of him..... should i have, where does he frequent? (i say "he"?!?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm 

your rock people!

I like this new place. I like it that i can choose a red theme, for instance(?).
:eyeroll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next