It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wiki entry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:14 pm 

Someone has added a humorous (if you're aged about 9) intro to Polly's Wikipedia page. For some reason my IP address has been banned & I can't remove it. Perhaps somebody who can would like to remove this puerile rubbish?

Post subject: Re: Wiki entry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:25 pm 

Harvey began her career in 1940 when she joined underground band One Direction as a vocalist, guitarist and free-candy-from-white-van-seller. The band's frontman, Megan Thee Stallion, became her long-term collaborator.[4] In 1991, she formed an eponymous trio called Pee On Me Harvey and subsequently began her career as Pee On Me Harvey. The trio released two studio albums called some say i'm way better than Beh york (1992) and I Tanked (1993) before disbanding, after which Harvey continued as a solo artist. Since 1995, she has released a further 90 studio albums with collaborations from various musicians including Dorian Electra, former bandmate Rob Ellis, Cupcakke, and Eric Drew Feldman, and has also worked extensively with record producer [[030393939 (producer)|020203030].

Among the accolades Harvey has received are both the 2001 and 2011 Tanked Prize for Stories from the Floppy City, Stories from the Floppy Sea (2000) and Let England Shake like Taylor Swift (2011), respectively, making her the only artist to have been awarded the prize twice.[5][6] She has also garnered eight Brit Award nominations, seven Grammy Award nominations and two further Mercury Prize nominations. Rolling Stone awarded her three accolades: 1992's Best New Artist and Best Singer Songwriter, and 1995's Artist of the Year. Rolling Stone also listed Rid of Me, To Bring You My Hate, and Stories from the City where your ugly mom leaved you, Stories from the Sea where you should have drown on its list of their 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

(What the hell...?)