It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Clio Barnard was on The Film Programme on Thursday to discuss the movie (mainly in terms of memory and ideas of rural life in Britain) and PJH wasn't mentioned at all - which is most unusual for Radio 4!

I'm also quite surprised reading that. Polly feels so much a part of this film to me.
The setting and everything about this film (which I haven't seen, but still..) are so very Polly Harvey to me.
The 'Acre' tracks have recently been released and I know Clio had so hoped for Polly to be the person to contribute the music and vocals, you'd think she'd almost certainly be mentioned. Either by Clio or Radio 4.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm 

To be fair, the interview was only a couple of minutes' worth and there was nothing from the soundtrack. I was surprised it was there at all - it's not as though Ms Barnard is a big-name director, although her stuff seems to be well-regarded. She would just have been responding to the interviewer's questions, and they would almost certainly have talked about more that didn't make its way onto the show. I remarked on it only because it seems there are plenty of people working for the BBC whose minds often turn in Polly's direction!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:08 am 

Looking at the video, it appears that there is a good stretch of continuous film where the main character is walking and observing the landscape. In other words, no dialog. I wonder if during that stretch, some of this song is actually featured there in the film?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 am 

the song is played at the beginning and end of the film..

Mark Kermode mentioned it in his review - skip to 1h:50 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09rwzr7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 am 

^^ Thank You.