It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Coming back to PJ Harvey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:42 pm 

I used to consider myself a big fan. My anticipation of the release of "To Bring You My Love" was intense. I found myself visiting the local campus record store (Miami University, Ohio) daily to listen to the little sample listening booth they had there (which somehow included "Somebody's Down, Somebody's Name")

Well time passes and we drift. I've never stopped loving the music, but it just didn't always remain at the forefront of my life. Now I find myself at 42 and realizing that the years don't have to rob me of what I love. I can thank James Johnston's instagram account for re-igniting my PJ Harvey listening!!! (Wait, you mean PJ Harvey, Mick Harvey and James Johnston are all in the same band?!?!?)

As I try to get back to the music I love, I've started an amateur music blog called Greg's Music World. Here's my post on discovering PJ Harvey the first time. Don't look here for indepth information you don't already know. I just write my own personal stories about the music that has meant a lot to me over the years.

http://gregsmusicworld.blogspot.com/201 ... ooner.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:51 pm 

Thank you, Greg. Now it's not unfair to say that opinion here is divided between those of us who really yearn for more of the guitar-rocking PJ of 1993 and those who don't really mind. How does it feel to you to 'come back' when she's changed so radically over the 20-odd years between?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:35 pm 

I love the music of PJ Harvey. I've been listening to a lot of her lately.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:07 am 

Her birthday is today!