It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Something weird
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:39 pm 

I've just had a facebook request from Polly to be friends, then a message. Unbelievable!Trouble is, she hasn't used it since she joined, & the page is completely empty. Anyone else had this? Is it a scam (or prank?). Bit concerned really.

Post subject: Re: Something weird
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:52 pm 

Just said I thought something was wrong on the message & got immediately unfriended! Anyone know the consequences of this scam?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:50 pm 

wht's the account?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:41 am 

P J Harvey. When I went there it only had her pic on it, nothing else at all. It's a clone. If you look up her FB page via a search engine there's loads on it.

I was just concerned about what the hacker could do while it was my 'friend' for a couple of minutes. Nothing's happened so far, so hopefully OK. I just feel a prize idiot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 pm 

This is the cruellest of jests!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:10 am 

Or the socially non-fan interactive Polly had a moment of openness and you were one of the lucky very few to receive such an overture. Then soon after she reconsidered and immediately reverted back to her familiarly comfortable state of fan reclusiveness.

Sorry, you may just have lost out on a rare chance of a lifetime. :crap:

kidding. :green: or maybe I'm correct!?!? :eek: :???:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:31 pm 

Yes_No_Maybe_So wrote:
Or the socially non-fan interactive Polly had a moment of openness and you were one of the lucky very few to receive such an overture. Then soon after she reconsidered and immediately reverted back to her familiarly comfortable state of fan reclusiveness.

Sorry, you may just have lost out on a rare chance of a lifetime. :crap:

kidding. :green: or maybe I'm correct!?!? :eek: :???:

Just for a moment (about 2 minutes) I thought she must be mounting some sort of bizarre campaign to get in touch with her fans. I didn't realise how easy it is to spoof a FB account - I'm used to email scams but not been aware of FB ones before. Ah well. I'll know better next time.

Still haven't found out what they were after though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:44 pm 

Ah, but of course you *want* it to have been true, though, don't you? 'To have loved and lost is better ...' At least I would. I wonder how 'they' found out about you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:04 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Ah, but of course you *want* it to have been true, though, don't you? 'To have loved and lost is better ...' At least I would. I wonder how 'they' found out about you.

Absolutely! Starry-eyed infatuation trumped(!) rationality. Fortunately not for long.

I suspect I must have 'liked' Polly's (genuine) page at some time in the past, so I would have thought they'd go through the list of people who'd done so. It does therefore seem surprising that nobody else has been scammed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am 

diogenesagogo wrote:
AineteEkaterini wrote:

Absolutely! Starry-eyed infatuation trumped(!) rationality. Fortunately not for long.

I suspect I must have 'liked' Polly's (genuine) page at some time in the past, so I would have thought they'd go through the list of people who'd done so. It does therefore seem surprising that nobody else has been scammed.

just had a look through my fb notifications and i got the same request (31.10.16) im sure many others did too.. sorry!