It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:45 pm 

Hey guys, today I dreamed about Polly and felt like sharing it, 'cause I thought it was kinda funny.

We were in a little city, it looked like a place in my country really. She came to tour here. So I went to the show and started following her through the cities. I stick on her and she let me do it, so I accompanied her in every trip as part of the crew or something lol. One time she was sat down on a chair and I came to her and kissed her cheek and she said ''leave me alone!'', it was so cute! haha. Afterwards they did a show in a city but the population got very angry because they took the lyrics of the songs very personally because the lyrics suited their reality. So they felt really offended and we had to get out of there literally running, it was so funny because the guys from the band were taking the instruments on their hands and running really fast, and I ran with them, we ran even faster because a very crazy woman was running behind us with a big knife. We got in the car and I sat by Polly’s side, very close to her. It was so silent and awkward so after a while I said ''it looks like the tour is gonna be fun'', to which Polly replied ''yeah''. So we got to the place that would hold the next show. We got out of the car and started walking and I held Polly’s hand... I could feel the texture of her fingers and all♥ Her whole figure was so soft, tiny and delicate, I loved feeling her so next to me, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. I was exploding inside from happiness, but I was acting normally even though I was always glued on her and would spoil her every time. I thought it was so cute because she wanted to hold my hand, demonstrating she was attached to me as well... I loved this dream so much, it was one of those dreams that you don’t want to wake up from and is so upsetting when you wake up and realize it wasn’t real. I took notes right on bed to remember the dream, that’s why the description is so detailed.

Have you ever dreamed about Polly? How was it? (I guess this will flop, but ok)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 pm 

Yes! I dreamt of her!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:12 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
All the time :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 pm 

mart wrote:
All the time :wink:

Same... It's always so pleasing to interact with her in dreams <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:38 pm 

Well, one night I dreamt I was Polly. Very bad dream actually. I was singing Let England Shake dressed in black with black feathers and autoharp on top of the Berlin Wall in the dark. The place was crowded with people, flames, fumes and corpses. Russian soldiers were laughing at me repeating: "go on, sing, after you're going to get back down and we will rape you."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:55 pm 

Never heard of Russian soldiers raping anyone (not counting a Cold War disinformation), but I did recently heard about American soldiers raping (and killing) in Japan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm 

Kuk91 wrote:
Never heard of Russian soldiers raping anyone (not counting a Cold War disinformation), but I did recently heard about American soldiers raping (and killing) in Japan.

Really think you should delete your post. Someone writes about a "dream" they had and you turn it into a rant against American soldiers - in very poor taste especially with it being the 4th of July. All countries who engage in war have a small group of soldiers who commit atrocities, it is an ugly truth but it is the truth. And just in case you are wondering, I am not American.

Happy Fourth of July to all our American friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:59 pm 

Yeah, and portraying Russians as a bunch of rapists (in a true Cold War fashion) is a great way to celebrate USA Independence Day, not "a poor taste".

I haven't even kept in mind that it is the 4th of July, because I'm also not American. I just can't stand these western stereotypes about "russian barbarians" (3rd season of "Peaky Blinders" also comes to mind). And saying truth is not a "rant" - I just pointed out there are far more evident instances (and even if your unconscious "afraids of russians", you're clearly got some issues).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm 

should not have to take it personally. It is about a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:31 pm 

I'm not taking it personally, I just think it's funny how saying nasty things about Russians is not even counting as a "racial stereotype". [On a side note, I, for one, have never had a dream about "evil Americans".]

And I'm not gonna delete my post (although I'm already technically can't do it by myself))) unless someone deletes Demolition's post.

P.S.: By the way, Russian Empire was one of the very first countries to officially admit Independence of the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 pm 

Erm, Kuk. It was a bad dream, love. A bad dream.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:04 pm 

Erm, you could have just wrote "some soldiers", no? Because if you don't have any additional details in your story (related with them being specifically russians), it just looks like an intentional desire to offend a whole nation.

Although I'm surely overreacting, didn't wanted to offend anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:18 pm 

there's rape everywhere, unfortunately

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:37 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
lighten up our mate Kuk91, we can't control our dreams & i'm sure Demolition was just telling us of a weird dream the way it was & not personally picking on Russians - the UK has gone way too PC :down:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:22 pm 

I dreamed some years ago that I was walking on a traffic island on my way home. It was night in the city where I lived. There were few driving and no one walking. I could hear "Big Exit" playing all around me. I turned around and I could see Polly performing it with no band (although I could hear the band). She kept going from the street to the traffic island while moving around performing it. Just like she was on stage. Every so often a car would pass not even noticing her (it seemed). She was essentially performing to oncoming traffic but no one seemed to notice it. I just watched it from a few hundred feet away. It was a lovely dream. I thought to myself, she's performing in my city and I'm the only one who notices it. And is here at night to appreciate it. I had another dream about her a few years before that when I was really into collecting all of her live recordings. I dreamed I had found some audience shot video of her performing by herself sometime in the Summer of '93 somewhere outside during the daylight and on the ground (no stage) with people standing all around her (just a few feet away). She was opening the show with "Rid Of Me" of course. And the video was shaky and B or C grade quality. Shot from far away at a higher elevation than she was standing. Maybe from a window in a building on the grounds of wherever she was performing.

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!