It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Peaky Blinders - BBC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 pm 

I would like to ask someone who's watching Series Four on television (or already have watched it in full on iPlayer): please, alert us if there's some unusual (remixed) version
of some PJH song used in there (as I have no desire to watch it myself).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:18 pm 

Stuart Maconie, sitting in for Lauren Laverne on BBC Radio 6 Music this morning, has a little piece of Polly talking about her cover of 'Red Right Hand', and plays the whole thing - apparently about to be released along with bits of the soundtrack. It's here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0009l5p. Bit begins at 36.34.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
a little piece of Polly talking about her cover of 'Red Right Hand'

Thanks so much! It always makes my day to hear her voice!
I suppose that snippet is a fragment of a longer interview I've never heard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:03 pm 

I don't know, actually. I can't think of another place where she's talked about her work on the series, so perhaps it was just released to coincide with the soundtrack coming out, but it does *sound* like a bit of something longer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 am 

It is taken from a full interview due to be broadcast 3rd November https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009znz

Quote:
PJ Harvey and Seamus Murphy

Sound and Vision

Miranda Sawyer is joined by PJ Harvey and Seamus Murphy to talk about their new film A Dog Called Money, a uniquely intimate journey through the inspiration, writing and recording of a PJ Harvey record.

Writer and musician Polly Harvey and award-winning photographer Seamus Murphy, hatched a collaboration. Seeking first-hand experience of the countries she wanted to write about, Harvey accompanied Murphy on some of his worldwide reporting trips, joining him in Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Washington DC. Harvey collected words, Murphy collected images. Back home, the words become poems, songs, then an album, which is recorded in an unprecedented art experiment in Somerset House, London. In a specially constructed room behind one-way glass, the public - all cameras surrendered - are invited to watch the 5 week process as a live sound-sculpture.

Murphy exclusively documents the experiment with the same forensic vision and private access as their travels. By capturing the immediacy of their encounters with the people and places .