It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 am 

Scuttlescub_51 wrote:
Was Polly upset with how 'The Hope Six Demolition Project' was received by the critics?

Well, who knows? She's aware of its flaws and virtues and I expect doesn't care what anyone else thinks about it, beyond the circle of friends and colleagues she usually runs things past.

But look what happened over the inclusion of the Union Temple Baptist Church choir on the Washington dates of the last leg of the tour. We know, and Polly must have known too, that some folk from the church, at least, felt they'd been involved in the video for 'Community of Hope' under something like false pretences. She cared enough about that to build a bridge with the church and include them in the concerts. I was astonished that not more was said about it at the time. We don't know the details of how it came about, but we can guess that while she doesn't listen to what critics say, she does care about people's feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Scuttlescub_51 wrote:
Was Polly upset with how 'The Hope Six Demolition Project' was received by the critics?

Well, who knows? She's aware of its flaws and virtues and I expect doesn't care what anyone else thinks about it, beyond the circle of friends and colleagues she usually runs things past.

But look what happened over the inclusion of the Union Temple Baptist Church choir on the Washington dates of the last leg of the tour. We know, and Polly must have known too, that some folk from the church, at least, felt they'd been involved in the video for 'Community of Hope' under something like false pretences. She cared enough about that to build a bridge with the church and include them in the concerts. I was astonished that not more was said about it at the time. We don't know the details of how it came about, but we can guess that while she doesn't listen to what critics say, she does care about people's feelings.

I agree with you all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 pm 

It's 2019 guys. Do you think we can hope for a new album in 2020 or 2021?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:18 pm 

Cartman wrote:
It's 2019 guys. Do you think we can hope for a new album in 2020 or 2021?

I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 am 

ct4spinner wrote:
A review of her musical exploration.
http://www.factmag.com/2016/06/02/pj-ha ... as-albums/

The last paragraph:

"...People had been trying to locate the real her for over 25 years – and when she finally let them come and gawp, there was less of her to see than ever before."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:05 am 

5 years old today, time flies!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54