It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm 

Reports are that the album is going to be number 1 in the British charts!

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:16 pm 

sau wrote:
Reports are that the album is going to be number 1 in the British charts!
That's great!!! Her first!

PJ Harvey is on course for chart glory this week as her latest album The Hope Six Demolition Project leads the way on this week’s Official Albums Chart.

At the halfway stage of the chart week, the singer-songwriter’s ninth studio album is at Number 1, 2,500 combined sales ahead of her closest competitor. If she manages to keep her lead until Friday’s Official Chart, it’ll be her first ever chart-topping album. Her current personal best is 1993’s Number 3-peaking Rid Of Me.

Behind PJ Harvey at Number 2 on today’s Official Chart Update is Santana’s new album IV. The record is the band’s first album with the full early ‘70s lineup in 45 years and is set to be their highest-charting since 1999’s chart-topping Supernatural.

link

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:04 pm 

"Hope Six" was among his top 3 most awaited albums of the whole year:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 pm 

^ He didn't know Polly until the release of LES, that is funny but somehow, he loved it and he seems to really like her previous albums. Though he is a funny person, he will often review LPs and point a lot of good things, you think he will give it a very nice rate at the end, and then he doesn't lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 pm 

http://www.impactnottingham.com/2016/04 ... n-project/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51 pm 

Really hope the album gets to number one. I don't normally care but in a world of shite albums about large asses and ex-partners it's really great that an album that actually says something could top the charts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:49 pm 

Gotta say, it's a very strange time: I like the album, but without her interviews, without knowing how it will be presented live [and without B-Sides, hopefully just yet] - I don't know, it feels weird, like something's missing.

Although it probably SHOULD feel incomplete (because we haven't seen the documentary yet, blah-blah), but I was expecting the same publicity routine like with every album.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 pm 

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/reviews ... n_project/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 am 

Quote:
Although it probably SHOULD feel incomplete (because we haven't seen the documentary yet, blah-blah), but I was expecting the same publicity routine like with every album.

My main issue with this is that there are hardly any gigs ( currently ) in concert halls and theaters. Not a single live performance in the US and Canada. I would assume fans from that part of the world ( and others ) would like to see her and her band. I know these days she doesn't like touring. For LES I think she did one performance at Coachella and two live shows in New York. I reckon after 5 years she could do some more shows. Maybe it doesn't matter anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:08 am 

http://rollingstoneaus.com/reviews/post ... oject/3618

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:09 am 

Yep, but I'm getting the feeling she really doesn't want to have to explain herself this time. Especially not in Washington DC.

A regular concert tour almost invariably brings journalists and interviews. With a short, intense run of festival gigs, she can make the tour work out monetarily for the band (they would probably really like that, I suspect she doesn't need it). The festival gigs are also generally shorter than full concert gigs, another plus.

Here's a scary thought: Don Van Vliet quit doing music at the end of his career because at least one gallery owner told him his artwork would never be considered legitimate while he still made music. So he totally quit music after 15 years with his 12th album in 1982. One has to wonder given Polly's extreme interest in poetry and lyrics if she'll follow the same path. She's been doing music for 25 years now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 am 

maybe the solo shows will come later in the year or maybe next year? I'm sure mick Harvey said it was a 2 year tour..

secret gig? https://twitter.com/coco_fontaine/statu ... 2152159232

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 am 

She could be very particular with interviews, tell the interviewers beforehand what questions not to ask. Maybe the documentary will have her answering some questions. I mean, by now interviewers know pretty much to not ask about her personal life.
Ive got an issue with the Bsides though, because often her Bsides are some of her best songs. Maybe she plans on doing something else with the songs, idk. I want to hear them. And Im really hoping for some US shows, especially when a huge part of the album is US based.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 am 

The album is brilliant! Really astonishing sonically. It's riveting, terrifying, bizarre and challenging. But remains melodic and hook-laden throughout. It sounds like an apocalyptic White Chalk in space by way of Sabbath, Beefheart and Waits. A remarkable body of work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 am 

I'm excited for the rest of the videos. They really seem to enhance the songs this time around. They need to release something this week to increase the album release buzz.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 54  Next