It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:39 pm 

(initial cover)

Great album, isn't it? )))

Here's a link to Polly performing "Good Fortune" at Jay Leno show on October 17, 2000, provided by Romario11 almost a year ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cdos9squ112eor/2001+-+%28TV+-+Jay+Leno%29-+Good+Fortune.avi (maybe somebody haven't seen it).

Unfortunately, it cuts off before the interview:

Spoiler! :

And here's live on French TV on October 24, 2000:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 pm 

My favorite, I'm listening to it now! I love every song on it, We Float, Horses In My Dreams are some of the most beautiful songs Ive ever heard. This Is Love, Kamikaze, The Whores Hustle some of the best rockers. Everything fits together perfectly.

The album cover is a perfect fit for the mood and sound of the album too. Lol, I'm glad she didn't use the original cover- it doesn't really fit at all/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:34 am 

Possibly my favorite album as well. Stories also serves as a "gateway drug" into her other albums.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:39 am 

DrDark wrote:
Possibly my favorite album as well. Stories also serves as "gateway drug" into her other albums.

Its funny, Stories took the longest for me to like but then it became my favorite. Is This Desire, which many would say is her least accessible, was oddly the most immediate to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:43 am 

Kuk91 wrote:
(initial cover)

Great album, isn't it? )))

Here's a link to Polly performing "Good Fortune" at Jay Leno show on October 17, 2000, provided by Romario11 almost a year ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cdos9squ112eor/2001+-+%28TV+-+Jay+Leno%29-+Good+Fortune.avi (maybe somebody haven't seen it).

Unfortunately, it cuts off before the interview:

Spoiler! :

And here's live on French TV on October 24, 2000:

Lol, heres what maria had to say about the photo
THIS IS ONE OF THE IMAGES PROJECTED ONTO THE WALLS OF THE TURBINE HALL IN THE TATE MODERN WHEN PJHARVEY 3 PIECE PLAYED THERE (SEPT 1ST 2003).IT WAS TAKEN IN POLLY'S FRONT ROOM IN DORSET IN SUMMER 2000.WHEN WE WERE DOING PHOTOS FOR THE 'STORIES...'ALBUM ,ITS A SLIGHT LONG EXPOSURE USING AMBIENT LIGHT. FOR A WHILE THIS WAS OUR PROPOSED COVER FOR THE 'STORIES...'ALBUM BUT POLLYS MANAGEMENT WERENT OVERJOYED & WE GOT PERSUADED TO DO ANOTHER SHOOT THIS TIME IN NEW YORK,A MUCH BIGGER AFFAIR -WE ENDED UP CHOOSING A PHOTO FROM THE NEW YORK SESSION AS THE COVER FOR THAT ALBUM,BUT BOTH OF US QUITE QUICKLY REGRETTED IT - WHEN I LOOK AT THE 'STORIES...'COVER NOW ITS A BIT AS ONE FRIEND PUT IT "A BIT POSH SPICE OUT SHOPPING SOMEWHERE".

Posh Spice haha.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 am 

It is a great album, but I think it is also one of the more commercial. I hope you understand what I mean ... I think it is a crucial point, a climax of the first part of the artistic career of PJ. After, in my opinion, there was a decrease of expression, but at the same time an album White Chalk as excessive and staff.
Do this personal judgment, based more on the music, rather than lyrics, because I'm not that good to catch them in all their entirety ...

And sorry for my English ... :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:39 am 

which many would say is her least accessible, was oddly the most immediate to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:12 pm 

"Horses in my Dreams" has become one of my favorite PJ songs. I also really like "Beautiful Feeling" now (I never gave it much thought before)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:12 am 

Yep, two of my favorites as well:

While PJ's new songs are great, to me her earlier lyrical content (pre-LES) has a lot more emotive impact.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:23 am 

I would say 'Stories...' was her most accessible album.