It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 pm 

SaligHund wrote:
Has anyone seen the new uploaded interview on youtube ? I've seen parts of it before but never the whole video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzrnjuSypZ0

I don't know if this is the right place to write about it, but I'm new here and couldn't find a special place for interviews. I reacted very strongly on this interview because she seemed so mean, in a way that I've never seen her before... so self-righteous. Anyway I love her look, very manly, I hated the stories from the city and uhhuhher period because she was too sexy in just an ordinary way

Yeah I didn´t like that interview. She was so cold and it was like she spoke about women in a negative way. Maybe she didn´t mean to but that is how I took it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:38 pm 

manly is my swinglish, sorry, I ment just manlike. I don't think she ment it that way eather, but she was very cold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm 

^ androgynous? lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 pm 

yea something like that haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:01 am 

I don't get what was 'wrong' with that video. She didn't seem cold to me at all, she was more humourous if anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 am 

^I agree. She's not having a feminist vision of things but she's not being negative about women either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:40 pm 

There is nothing "wrong" with the interview, I thought she was humourous too. But I still didn´t enjoy the part where she said that she didn´t wanted any women in her band. I don´t think she meant anything bad but I just thought it was sad that she felt that she had to compete for the attention if she had another girl in the band.

But maybe I´m just overreacting. I remember an early interview with Brian Molko( from placebo) where he said that he was so sick of having just men in the band and then I just thought he was funny so...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:45 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
stuntboy wrote:
There is nothing "wrong" with the interview, I thought she was humourous too. But I still didn´t enjoy the part where she said that she didn´t wanted any women in her band. ...

i take that Polly realises just how hard work they can be :laugh:.......i'll get my coat :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 pm 

I don't think she was joking, I mean when I think about it she haven't collaborated with that many girls. Bjork and Marianne Faithfull is the only names I can come up with

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 pm 

SaligHund wrote:
I don't think she was joking, I mean when I think about it she haven't collaborated with that many girls. Bjork and Marianne Faithfull is the only names I can come up with

but how many blokes can you come up with?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:32 pm 

well all the guys from Automatic Dlamini and PJ band were men. John Parish, Rob Ellis, Ian Olliver and Mich Harvey. Also the producers were men, Flood and Steve Albini. And then Jeremy Hogg, Steve Vaughan, Nick Cave, Thom Yorke, Tricky, Vincent Gallo, Eric Drew Feldman, Josh Homme, Mark Lanegan, both guys in Sparklehorse. I can name many more

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:48 pm 

She just prefers working with men, as she says.
Doesn't mean she's misogynist or whatever (never seen a girl mysoginist by the way).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:01 pm 

SaligHund wrote:
well all the guys from Automatic Dlamini and PJ band were men. John Parish, Rob Ellis, Ian Olliver and Mich Harvey. Also the producers were men, Flood and Steve Albini. And then Jeremy Hogg, Steve Vaughan, Nick Cave, Thom Yorke, Tricky, Vincent Gallo, Eric Drew Feldman, Josh Homme, Mark Lanegan, both guys in Sparklehorse. I can name many more

arh, when you said "collaborated with" i didn't take into account her regular band members & "staff", collaborating to me would be the Nick Cave, Thom Yorke, Tricky's of the world? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 pm 

Ok I understand what you mean, but I´m just saying that she always seems to have only men around her, nothing bad with that but I never thought that that was something she actively thought about as she is saying in the interview :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm 

Erinydwi wrote:
I don't get what was 'wrong' with that video. She didn't seem cold to me at all, she was more humourous if anything.

Yes, even a little flirtatious at times, at least that's how I saw it. When the interviewer asks her if she considers herself "sexy" and PJ says "no" - she seems surprised and even says "with those eyes and that smile..." :love:

Thanks for posting it, btw SaligHund. Had not seen it before.

FaceplaceEl Jay