It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm 

A retrospective of her albums on page 30.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:02 am 

can someone scan it for us?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:34 pm 

dickie wrote:

Oh fuck off! Why did they even bother? Of course Stories gets a big thumbs up....and Is This Desire is only worth owning for APDE right? And of course BHL had to be the best song on AWAMWB becuase it is the least interesting after all :eyeroll: :evil: :evil: This makes me really angry! Ben Hewitt please retire immediately!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:49 pm 

Oh, and I'm going to use this opportunity to say that stories is her WORST and by worst I mean WWWORRSSSTTT record! Even though it is still brilliant for what it is, and I still really like it. I could kill the next person that says that it's her best album!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:10 pm 

You can usually separate the legit Polly fans from the bandwagoners based on their opinion of Stories. It does its job, but it's not her best. Is This Desire is brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:15 pm 

here is in pdf :shades:

http://www.filesonic.mx/file/2728020724 ... 29-oct.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:16 pm 

God... At least they let her old albums get a lot of space in the magazines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:24 am 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Oh, and I'm going to use this opportunity to say that stories is her WORST and by worst I mean WWWORRSSSTTT record! Even though it is still brilliant for what it is, and I still really like it. I could kill the next person that says that it's her best album!

Haha. Tell us how you really feel!!

By the way, I think Stories is her BEST album. ;)

Haha. I wouldn't say worst though. Worst isn't even the proper word to describe it, because as you said, it was brilliant and you enjoy it, so how does it make it worst of all her albums? I'm genuinely curious and not picking on you. :green:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:02 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:

Haha. Tell us how you really feel!!

By the way, I think Stories is her BEST album. ;)

Haha. I wouldn't say worst though. Worst isn't even the proper word to describe it, because as you said, it was brilliant and you enjoy it, so how does it make it worst of all her albums? I'm genuinely curious and not picking on you. :green:

I Think she has a near flawless discography. I can't really think of one truly bad song. So, I guess I'm saying I think everything is great and that Stories is certainly great, might just be one of the best driving albums ever made. A superb generic pop record. It is a wonderful listen when it is on, though I don't think any of the songs really stick. It's the sort of album that could of been made by just about anybody too. So it also loses points on originality. It just pales in comparison to the rest. All it will ever be is a guilty pleasure record IMO. Nothing wrong with that, but please...to say this has anything on Dry, Rid, Love, Desire, Chalk or Shake I think is pretty ludicrous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:56 pm 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
[but please...to say this has anything on Dry, Rid, Love, Desire, Chalk or Shake I think is pretty ludicrous

Oh, I completely agree. Keep in mind that this is NME after all, so it's to be expected.

At least they are giving her publicity, and that's always good in my book. In fact, has she ever received this much press, or am I just paying more attention this time around?

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
[but please...to say this has anything on Dry, Rid, Love, Desire, Chalk or Shake I think is pretty ludicrous

Oh, I completely agree. Keep in mind that this is NME after all, so it's to be expected.

At least they are giving her publicity, and that's always good in my book. In fact, has she ever received this much press, or am I just paying more attention this time around?

No, she's only just begun to get some of the recognition she deserves in later years. I think this year has probably been her most high profile though. Let England Shake is a remarkable body of work. Truly up there with her best.