It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Project Runway
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am 

Hey season premiere was tonight, curious if anyone else watches this show?

Post subject: Re: Project Runway
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:28 am 

I do! :green: Love this damn show. It hasn't "premiered" out here on the west coast, but thanks to the internet, I already know who got eliminated. :wink:
I'm going out tonight so I won't get to see the actual episode til tomorrow. Meaning, I'll have to wait for it to be uploaded online somewhere, and I hope its soon because I don't have cable at the moment.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 pm 

I still haven't seen it(will do so when I get home from work, that along with Top Chef)

But I read this blog, and its hilarious. Maybe you know it?

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm 

oh top chef is back on? i didn't even know. i hate that project runway is on lifetime now cause now i have to watch commercials for their cheese-tastic movies.

no i didn't know about that blog, i'll have to read that. i'll wait to talk about results til you see the whole episode

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:51 am 

Well, there is always that mute button ;) I used it loads when it was on Bravo. They repeat the same damn commercials over and over again. I don't care what's happening with the housewives of whatever town SHUT UP! :green:

FINALLY the saw the episode.

Ok first off, Lindsay Lohan? What? lol. She did say some key points in judging, but c'mon. She designed leggings for fuck sakes. :lol:
Also, Ari or whatever her name is..looked like Sam Ronson if she wore make-up! There had to be a quirky designer. She did grate on my nerves after a while. At the same time though, she reminded me of Santino and his "design aesthetic" you know what I mean? He got away with so much and they let her go, but the guy that didn't even finish his dress stayed. The judging is so contradictory on this show.
I still love it.

oh and yes, Top Chef is back on. They are in Vegas and almost everyone is covered in tattoo's!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:17 am 

the other week i was looking up the best lifetime movie titles, i had a really awesome list. i think the best one was "do you know the muffin man?" yes, that's a real movie. that's the only good thing i can think of project runway being on lifetime; i get to see what terrible titles they come up with next.

yeah they said some huge fashion icon or something to that effect? hmmm, HUGE fashion icon? i think not. i don't give a shit about lindsay lohan, i thought the guess judge was going to be someone important :roll: i thought the same thing about ari looking like sam ronson so i'm surprised lindsay didn't like her ;) she was interesting but a bit too new agey for myself. what was with the standing upside down? can she better hear what the fabric wants her to do with it? stu-pid.

the guy that stayed.....blah, that dress fucking sucked and i'm surprised they kept that over ari's; at least her's took effort even though it was nutso. his original design for that was HIDEOUS, i can't believe he thought that would actually be good and wearable on the red carpet. it looked like something from the little girls section at JCPenneys.

I need to set my DVR for Top Chef!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 pm 

Yes, his 'not even wearable dress' was some fugly shit. It had potential, yeah, but he didn't finish it. I guess that's what saved him over Ari's.
I guess by this round, they had it with the 'Santino's and Blaine's" of the world lol.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am 

Ok what the hell, is Mitchell secretly related to the producers or something?! He should have been eliminated this week. Granted, Malvin's design was more conceptual, but I thought it looked a lot better than Mitchell's half assed piece. Ugh.

I agree with the winner. I thought her dress was gorgeous and would love to own that jacket :green:

Looks like next week will be full of delicious drama. Can't wait. :grin:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:08 am 

Yeah I know, Mitchell needs to go; his designs suck. wtf was up with those shorts?? and some of the judges said they could see their friends wearing that outfit? :o that's just crazy. so many of those I thought were really ugly. I hope Mitchell is in the bottom next week so they dump that zero. I found Malvin a bit irritating cause he came off as a conceited new york hipster who things they're so out of the box, out of the planet. I didn't think his design sucked; conceptual, but I don't think in a terrible way. The feathers were a bit much.

And I liked the winner too; that dress was lovely. I really loved Althea's too; the black and white striped cups and crossed backing popped against a black fabric body. Very sharp looking.

My DVR cut off the preview for next week >:o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 pm 

Oh that sucks! I'm sure by now the Lifetime Project Runway site should have previews. :)

I didn't think Althea's was that great to be honest. For one thing, that bust was too small. I'm sure a real pregnant woman woulda busted out of those things :lol: But maybe it looks better in person?

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:02 pm 

I agree, they were wayyyyyyy to small; but if i think about it as a regular dress for a small chested person, it'd be really beautiful. i don't think it's a prego lady's dress.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:59 pm 

Ding dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch! :green:

I haven't seen the episode(read some spoilers), but I can't wait to see how it all goes down!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm 

FINALLY!! I like that Heidi couldn't resist saying "three strikes your OUT!" auf wiedersehen, bitch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:22 am 

YES! That was pretty awesome. You could tell during judging that she got pretty annoyed when she found out he didn't command his leadership role. It seems like he didn't take this opportunity seriously at all. I know it all boils down to how a show is edited, but c'mon! I bet the designers that attempted to get on the show are pretty bitter right now that he made it in. Hell, I know I would be!

Qrystal and Eperson - Man, i got a headache just watching those two. it's always funny to see two grown ass adults bicker like children.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 am 

Yeah part of it is how it's edited, but the fact that he made an asshat of himself by admitting that he didn't do much is purely idiotic. I agree, if I was one of the designers that didn't make it I'd be so pissed that that loser made it over me.

I have a feeling Eperson will get on a lot of people's nerves. Maybe because he's the oldest, and therefore probably the most experienced, so will probably try to mentor everyone. I forget the preview for next week, I actually watched it this time!