It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Project Runway
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:03 am 

It seems like, for this season anyway, there is way more and blatant producer input on the final decisions! And where the hell are Nina Garcia and Michael Kors?

Johnny's dress(is that his name,the cry baby?) well, his dress was hideous!! Qrystil's dress was boring and plain, yeah, but she gave her client what she wanted. Wasn't that the point of this so called "challenge"? I also didn't agree with the winner. I thought Irina's was way better, in terms of look and execution.

For one thing, the judges critiqued the 'boob' issue on Epperson's model, but Althea's model was bouncing all over the place and they didn't mention a word! What the hell project runway! Bah!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:27 am 

i'm happy qrystil is gone. she was irritating me cause her designs were always so boring boring. yawn. epperson's was interesting but i wouldn't say it was anything exceptional which they seemed to think it was. althea's design was nice and it was sharp looking. i know if i was at a fancy shmancy party and that outfit walked in, i would definitely take notice. i don't really remember much about the show because i think for the most part it was kind of lame. booo hiss.

johnny's was just plain boring, normal, and mediocre.
yeah where are nina and michael? has michael even been on at all?

what makes you think the producers are getting in on it more? just curious

and that judge with the horse face? i don't even know what to say. who is she? quite cocky for not being that special, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 am 

I have no idea either. She was quite the arrogant lil thing wasn't she? From what I can remember, her title was 'costume designer"?

The producer input : for example, last weeks win. It went to what's his name...well it went to him and automatically the auf'ed guy was Mitchell. That just screams set up by the producers.
I also wonder too, if Nina and Michael had been around, if the outcome would have been different. It's just more of an observation on my part.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:39 pm 

I LOVE Project Runway! I've been an addict since the first season. But the 6th season has yet to air here, so I need to stay the hell away from this topic!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:36 pm 

do you have anywhere you can watch it online?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:45 pm 

I haven't looked for it actually, the quality is usually so poor on those streaming sites. I think I'll wait until they show it here, it probably won't take that long. But if you happen to come across a place to watch it in good quality, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:08 pm 

can you get surf the channel?
http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/2292.html

i briefly looked at the first megavideo link for the first episode and it looked pretty good to me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:33 pm 

That's actually really good by my standards! I guess i've been on the wrong sites. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm 

no problem! that site is great; it's how i got to see the 4th and 5th seasons of weeds :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:24 am 

finally got around to watching the one for this week..... what an idiot, i'm glad he's gone (being vague so i don't ruin it if you haven't seen it yet).

althea-- that outfit was awesome. the way the design carried your eye from one side to a another was beautiful.

irina-- wasn't crazy about it but i admire the handiwork and time that must've taken

nicholas-- needs to drop the ego. he thinks he's god of new fashion and he's really nothing special.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 am 

I LOVED when Johnny got called out by Nicolas during judging. LOVED It. Hahaha. I loved it even more when Nicolas himself was called out on his crap design. :green:
It was all deliciously put together when Tim Gunn himself got annoyed at Johnny's lies.

Irina's coat reminded me of this craft project I did when I was a kid in school...using shellac and corn flakes? Well, maybe its not that common, but to me, it wasn't that innovative.

I actually thought Althea's dress was gonna win. I agree it was very cool and great use of images to make an awesome and eye catching pattern.

The last episode, costume challenge....hmm....I thought Nicolas' dress/costume/whateverthefuckthatwas looked kinda tacky. I mean, I dunno. It, again, didn't seem that inspired. And what was up with his model's hair? Excuse my perverted mind, but uh, it looked like someone jizzed on her head lol.

I thought Epperson's was pretty cool.

Oh and I really do want an Althea and Irina bitch fest. Mostly because um, well ;) :laugh:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 pm 

You still watching Yarn? or am I talking to myself here? :lol:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:13 am 

haha yes i am!!! i'm here!! life has been so crazy for the past 2 weeks, i've just about lost my head hahaha i still need to finish this past thursdays episode and then i'll write about it!!

(you know life's a little off when you spell 'still' stell) my brain's fuzzy. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:24 pm 

:lol: no worries.

I'll wait til you watched it to discuss its
Spoiler! :
lameness

:green:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 pm 

OK I just found out who got eliminated in the latest episode and I'm freaking SHOCKED. WTF Project Runway?!
I won't have time to see how it all goes down as I will not be home until Sunday(busy weekend) but man!

This season has been so, just, ugh!

p.s. Irina is a cunt.

FaceplaceEl Jay