It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Skladunk wrote:
What were you expecting? :grin:
It's a toy commercial...
:laugh:

Haha, I wanted some mindless fun! But instead I got a whole lotta nothing for 2.5 long hours. :laugh:

Quote:
Saw the latest X-men the other day.
Be warned! That, of course, is a comic :wink:

See, that movie was mindless fun. A few giant plot holes, but fun nonetheless! :green:

Agreed. I was given the choice between TF and X-men but vetoed The Commercial without a blink - was convinced I couldn't muster the amount of mindlessness needed :laugh: am happy to hear that u couldn't either :wink:
Once u buy the Harry Potterish
Spoiler! :
weirdos-goes-to-boarding-school-big-personal-weltscmerz-but-end-up-getting-friends-betraying-each-other-falling-in-love-and-saving-the-world...

plot :shades: - it's a fairly good night at the cinema

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm 

But, I like Harry Potter :blush: (and I cannot wait to see the final movie this Friday. *insert annoying Voldemort scream here* :grin: )

Horrible Bosses - meh. A few chuckles here and there. It's been done before. "9 to 5" anyone?

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:33 am 

'Tron - Legacy' - no idea what was going on, didn't understand the plot at all, but it looked and sounded amazing (Daft Punk soundtrack) - worth seeing, just enjoy it for the visual and oral delights ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
But, I like Harry Potter :blush: (and I cannot wait to see the final movie this Friday. *insert annoying Voldemort scream here* :grin: )

Horrible Bosses - meh. A few chuckles here and there. It's been done before. "9 to 5" anyone?

HP is ok, I think (but talk about loooong movies...) (haven't read a word of the books)
I saw the 2D version of part 2 last night at midnight in Copenhagen :green: it's a great film (didn't fall asleep even once, which is a bit unusual).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 pm 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - :'( Well, what can I say, nitpicking aside (because I will never understand the excuse of "there is not enough time to add everything from the book, but we're gonna add totally unnecessary scenes that didn't happen and have no relevance whatsoever because it's awesome movie-making...." I loved
Spoiler! :
and shed some tears during Snape's scenes. Hell, throughout the movie. I wished they had shown more battling scenes because the way the book described them seemed like they would transition awesomely on-screen. But overall, it was a pretty good movie. I've already seen it 3 times. :laugh:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - :'( Well, what can I say, nitpicking aside (because I will never understand the excuse of "there is not enough time to add everything from the book, but we're gonna add totally unnecessary scenes that didn't happen and have no relevance whatsoever because it's awesome movie-making...." I loved
Spoiler! :
and shed some tears during Snape's scenes. Hell, throughout the movie. I wished they had shown more battling scenes because the way the book described them seemed like they would transition awesomely on-screen. But overall, it was a pretty good movie. I've already seen it 3 times. :laugh:

It WAS pretty good, but am not planning to see it again any time soon, though.
We went to at premiere night, and I have never been to a movie having people cheering or calling out through out... EVEN THOUGH EVERYBODY KNEW HOW IT ALL WOULD GO :laugh:
... it was a cultural experience on top of the story :shades:
We went with some kids, one of whom melodramatically announced that her childhood had now officially ended (she's not 13 yet, poor thing...) she can not remember pre-HP-time and knows the books AND the movies in and out - so I guess I was a witness to big events that night in more than one way :laugh:
(the non-correspondance between book and movie were also debated... at length. I think the movies do work in their own right, though, but I have of course no references to 'put me off' by)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 am 

"Salt" with Angelina Jolie.

Got very bad reviews but I enjoyed it - it was like a female Bourne but not as good.

But it passed the time for 89 minutes quite nicely :-)

Next up..."Gone Baby Gone" which everyone has told me is ace but I think it will depress the f*ck out of me...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Inception.

Good, but I'm kind of jaded about the "Wow" factor, you know, where they seem put things in just to make people go "Wow." It used to work on me, but not so much any more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm 

Hell and High Water wrote:
Inception.

Good, but I'm kind of jaded about the "Wow" factor, you know, where they seem put things in just to make people go "Wow." It used to work on me, but not so much any more.

The problem I had with that movie is that the "wow" factor wears off after a while.

Captain America : First Avenger - Cheesy, mindless, corny goodness. Also, I couldn't help but laugh at their version of a scrawny Chris Evans. :laugh: It did not look right.

Friends with Benefits - (Yeah, shut up.) Yet another predictable rom-com. I wish they would stop giving JT acting jobs. Mila reminds me too much of someone I dated (looks wise) so that was a bit distracting. :laugh:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 am 

Complete change of pace..."Cars 2" which was a soul-less movie designed to sell toys. And I loved the first one :-(

"Captain America" - it was ok, took ages to get going (but I knew the background so that's why it was slow) and the Red Skull was ace, but I almost fell asleep...I've heard that "Thor" is better?

...but it had "The Avengers" trailer after the credits and that looked awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 pm 

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Thought it was gonna be lame, surprisingly was pretty good! I was engaged throughout. Also, Freida Pinto is gorgeous. Unfairly so. My goodness.

Meek's Cutoff - What I liked about this film was that it captured the time period and situation beautifully and as humanly believable as possible. What I imagine anyway. The hardship, the strife. Nothing much happens, you just see them struggle through their journey. The end left me a little empty, but it has stayed in my head since watching this film. Note - if you're not into these kinds of films, stay away. You'll most likely be pretty bored.
Funny note: What's up with Paul Dano always turning up in these kinda films? :laugh:

and speaking of Paul Dano....
Cowboys and Aliens - Lamesauce.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Hell and High Water wrote:
Inception.

The problem I had with that movie is that the "wow" factor wears off after a while.

same, also, i hated the whole snow thing, looked like some cheap action movie with stallone or steven seagal on that part XD and i think the end is extremely self indulgent. but for sure is a brilliant screenwritting

there are some lovers/haters of Lars von Trier around? haha i watched Melancholia last week, and is.... mind blowing, sad and nihilistical as usual, but, i was really scared he included a very positive and optimistical point on his vision. the last scene is breathtaking, i was trembling in the theater and that is not usual at all of me lol. powerfull movie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 am 

"Scott Pilgrim vs The World" - heard it was awful, really wanted to like it as I thought it would appeal to me, but it was awful :-(

I stuck with it out of a morbid curiosity but I can't tell you what happened at the end as my brain has deleted it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:36 pm 

Thatwaslove wrote:
"Scott Pilgrim vs The World" - heard it was awful, really wanted to like it as I thought it would appeal to me, but it was awful :-(

I stuck with it out of a morbid curiosity but I can't tell you what happened at the end as my brain has deleted it!

Really? I thought it suffered from editing. Chop 30 minutes off and it would have been more cohesive/enjoyable but I liked it enough.

@heads_bullet - I'm looking forward to "Melancholia" since I heard about it! I cannot wait to see for myself. Lars Von whatever is always so hit/miss with me, but I do enjoy that his films are challenging to watch at times. Be it good or bad.

FaceplaceEl Jay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next