It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
The Artist - Go watch it. Every last one of you.
I could not stop smiling throughout. It's so charming, touching, funny, sad. Everything a movie should be to make it such an enjoyable watching experience. I can't wait to see it again. :)

(Also, I find it a bit funny that some people got upset when they discovered this was a 'silent' film. I mean, c'mon! :laugh: )

Agreed agreed agreed, that movie is fantastic! I was laughing out loud and getting choked up at times. People applauded when it was over. That speaks for itself.

Also finally watched the Door in the Floor; been meaning to see it for years and I just got around to it. I thought I'd like it more than I did, though it was ok. Also can't remember if I mentioned this but I watched Man On Wire not too long ago but very wonderful documentary, very inspirational and awe-inspiring.

Going to see Carnage tomorrow! Or maybe Shame, but probably Carnage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:48 am 

yarnforhair wrote:
Agreed agreed agreed, that movie is fantastic! I was laughing out loud and getting choked up at times. People applauded when it was over. That speaks for itself.

Oh god, the part when
Spoiler! :
George Valentin tries to kill himself and Uggie tries and tries to stop him? TEARS. Omg so many tears.

Did you manage to see "Shame"? I'm seeing it tonight. Bummer about it getting snubbed by the Academy. I've heard nothing but good things.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

Oh god, the part when
Spoiler! :
George Valentin tries to kill himself and Uggie tries and tries to stop him? TEARS. Omg so many tears.

Did you manage to see "Shame"? I'm seeing it tonight. Bummer about it getting snubbed by the Academy. I've heard nothing but good things.

Oh my god I know!!!
Spoiler! :
I was fighting so many tears. And then she comes in and is like noooo don't do it! I want that dog!!

I believe I'm seeing Shame Friday (or at some point this weekend, or Tuesday), but I saw Carnage. Very very good, surprisingly short, but good! Kate Winslet was great (per usual) and I applaud her for the most realistic barfing scene I've ever seen on film.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:34 am 

^In regards to Uggie: I want his autograph, hehe. :green:

I finally saw the american take on "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and I must say, I do not get the hype over Rooney Mara's performance. She came off as robotic, almost trying too hard. Maybe if I hadn't seen the Swedish version first, I dunno. I find Noomi Rapace's take on Lisbeth much more bad ass and believable, given what her character has been through. Hell, even her tattoo is better. :laugh: What I did like about the American version however, was that it focused more on the mystery and less on the magazine.

Shame - Whoa. I'm not sure how to put it into words quite frankly, but it was such an engaging film. Carey Mulligan steals every scene she is in.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 am 

Finally saw 'Bridesmaids' and loved it!

Last edited by Thatwaslove on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 pm 

Tiny Furniture - Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I wanted to punch her in the face so many times. I'm sure this wasn't the reaction the movie was trying to get out of the watcher. Ugh.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 am 

Saw Shame... I really don't know how I feel about it. Carey Mulligan was fantastic and I think it was filmed beautifully but other than that, I found it's complete lack of plot or backstory disengaging.

After the film was over the usher came in pretty quick and started cleaning up and in the row in front of us he found some ambiguous garmet. The look on his face as he held it up bewildered and then slowly draped it on the back of the seat was priceless. I started uncontrollably laughing, like crying laughing, and raced out of the theater cause I was making an ass of myself. Then he stopped my friend and I in the lobby and asked if it was ours. Busted out again. Dude, it was in the row in front of us, how would that have gotten up there? hahahahahahaa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am 

No way?! Gross!! Did you guys happen to see the person that left such a thing behind? :laugh: - Admittedly, I always groan when I have the back row all to myself and then a ~couple sneaks in, thinking they are being all inconspicuous about what they are gonna do instead of watching the movie. Take that shit home, kids!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
No way?! Gross!! Did you guys happen to see the person that left such a thing behind? :laugh: - Admittedly, I always groan when I have the back row all to myself and then a ~couple sneaks in, thinking they are being all inconspicuous about what they are gonna do instead of watching the movie. Take that shit home, kids!

No unfortunately we didn't see who it was, people flushed out of there pretty quick haha Everybody else in that theater besides us was there by themselves. Maybe they were embarrassed to see that movie with someone? I don't know, but whoever left that behind should've just kept their alone time with themself at home haha I just like to think the usher asked us if it was ours to break the colossal awkwardness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 pm 

The Innkeepers - Oh, Rottentomatoes.com. You lied to me! Was this suppose to be a comedy? I miss good ol horror movies. Not the kind you can predict each cliche horror movie tactic. *insert super loud noise here* and *here* and *here*

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 am 

The Artist... not half bad
Frankie (w. Diane Kruger - forgotten she was also in Inglorious Basterds) - fascinating movie (not IB...)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 pm 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm 

"Real Steel" - thumbs up!

Last edited by Thatwaslove on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:04 am 

Finally, after been trying to watch it for quite some time, I've finally sat down and watched Winter's Bone. Excellent film, and I think Jennifer Lawrence has just won my heart. Naturally now I'm looking forward to seeing her in the Hunger Games; I think she'll be really awesome as Katniss.

Anyone else pumped for the Hunger Games?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 am 

"Arthur" remake - really liked it.

Last edited by Thatwaslove on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next