It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am
Posts: 530
Location: Upon The Coast
Aurora wrote:
it is very pretty.

My favourite artist is Mark Ryden.

http://www.markryden.com/

Image
Image


this one is called bjork: Image

now we're taking over the tv thread with art stuff. whoops ;)


Wow that's amazing very surreal, I really like that! But whoops you're right about getting off topic so I'm gonna start a thread for art :)

I think art deserves it's own thread on this board.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 pm
Posts: 552
Location: Support Local Music!
Just started into Twin Peaks again, been a few years. Got a good deal on a dvd box set so I can retire a stack of VHS. DVD's come complete with the log lady intro's :grin:

_________________
how will you ever walk again...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
Just started watching the United States of Tara; it's quite funny! Thank you Netflix :D

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Slovenia
bluesman wrote:
Just started into Twin Peaks again, been a few years. Got a good deal on a dvd box set so I can retire a stack of VHS. DVD's come complete with the log lady intro's :grin:


OMG, Twin Peaks has totally been my old-new tv fix for the past few weeks. Along with six feet under <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 am
Posts: 1870
Six Feet Under is terrific! I'd watch it all again.

_________________
Click to see the PJ Harvey Gigography


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Brazil
Just watched True Blood's episode 07, at the end I heard Gordon Gano's "Hitting the ground" with Polly.
Great episode!

_________________
Tumblr - OK Amanda
Beckett - My band's soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am
Posts: 121
^alan ball is a true fan of her's <3
this series is so good é_è


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:25 am
Posts: 681
Location: (not quite) down by the water (but close)
Hell and High Water wrote:
Six Feet Under is terrific! I'd watch it all again.


I deliberately put off watching this series ever since I missed the first few episodes (when it aired on television a couple of years ago), then finally came down to watching it after downloading the whole thing earlier this year. I loved it from the very first episode and got so hooked on it that I watched the whole series practically back to back (that is to say, several episodes each evening). having done that, I only wish I could watch it over again (for the very first time) without rushing through it (like I did). but I couldn't stop. now I have to wait a while before watching it again (and I most probably will sometime in the future). it's one of my top favorite TV series of all times, absolutely top-notchedly terrific.

_________________
I'd do anything
To see you again
I'd do anything


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 242
Location: Poland
Spoiler! :
Pocket Knife wrote:
The L Word was great until they killed Dana and ruined the show.

oh nooooo, it should be tagged as a spoiler or something :( :( :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 748
Location: Long Beach, CA
Anyone else watching SyFy's reality show "Face Off" ? - It is too awesome. Special effect make up artists. It's always very fascinating to see how they put it all together.

What about Ru Pauls Drag Race? hahaha. I love it. :green:

_________________
"He intentado ahogar mis penas, pero el hijo de puta aprendió a nadar."

FaceplaceEl Jay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
I just finished watching all of That 70s Show. In a month. Yes, it's ridiculous, I think so too, but I did it...

Within watching all of that, I watched all of Modern Family which is definitely one of my new favorite recent shows. I literally laugh out loud watching it; I rarely actually audibly laugh to a show (so much stuff out there isn't funny). I can't even pick a favorite character or two because every single person is hilarious. Thanks ABC.

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 am
Posts: 588
Location: at the end of this burning world
megique wrote:
Spoiler! :
Pocket Knife wrote:
The L Word was great until they killed Dana and ruined the show.

oh nooooo, it should be tagged as a spoiler or something :( :( :(


Aww. So sorry! Silly me, I assumed the whole world knew

Spoiler! :
why all lesbians hate Ilene Chaiken.


I hope you enjoy(ed) it while it lasts(ed). Seriously, I'll edit my post now. Sorry :puppy:

_________________
Contact The Garden Staff at gardensupport@gmail.com

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 1121
Location: Sussex, England
yarnforhair wrote:
^^
lol at the spoiler. i 100 % agree with that. ugh....

my roommate, her girlfriend, and myself are actually rewatching the whole series, just started the 3rd season last night. fyi, if you do drinking games to it, you become intoxicated quickly. especially with rules like "a sip every time bette looks worried/gets offended", "every time kit says BBYSISTAH, bbygirl, or some variation", and "every time tina complains." you'll get in a pretty good place with those 3 rules alone.


Makes me think of the 'Withnail and I' Drinking Game.

Good news...there's cider! ;-)
The lighter fluid is optional...:

Per person, you will require:

• Gin
• Cider
• Ale
• Sherry
• Whisky
• Red Wine

Optional:

• 1 x bottle lighter fluid (You’re allowed to substitute this for vinegar… this is what they did to Richard E Grant to the film the vomiting scene...)

• 1 x Camberwell Carrot

Withnail drinks in the order of 9 1/2 glasses of red wine, 1 pint of cider, 1 shot of lighter fluid, 2 1/2 shots of gin, 6 glasses of sherry, 13 whiskeys and 1/2 a pint of ale throught the film. Here they are in order:

• Mouthful of red wine
• "Lighter fluid" (eg overproof rum)
• Double gin
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Glass of sherry
• Two big chugs of sherry
• Mouthful of sherry
• Sip of sherry
• Double whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Splash of whisky
• Single Teachers
• Double Teachers
• Double Teachers
• Single Teachers
• Sip of sherry
• Three fingers of ale
• Sip of red wine
• Gulp of sherry
• Small glass of red wine
• Sip of red wine
• Half glass of red wine
• Sip of something white (gin & bitter lemon?)
• Sip of red wine
• Sip of red wine
• Gulp of red wine
• Gulp of red wine
• Finger of red wine
• Finger of red wine
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")

http://www.withnail-links.com/drinking.htm

"We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!"

Image

_________________
Wiggins is so superbly unassuming, he looks like he's about to say 'Pop the gold medal in the post, I'm nipping out for some biscuits'

Mark Steel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 681
Location: dreamland Ohio
sau wrote:
Makes me think of the 'Withnail and I' Drinking Game.

Good news...there's cider! ;-)
The lighter fluid is optional...:

Per person, you will require:

• Gin
• Cider
• Ale
• Sherry
• Whisky
• Red Wine

Optional:

• 1 x bottle lighter fluid (You’re allowed to substitute this for vinegar… this is what they did to Richard E Grant to the film the vomiting scene...)

• 1 x Camberwell Carrot

Withnail drinks in the order of 9 1/2 glasses of red wine, 1 pint of cider, 1 shot of lighter fluid, 2 1/2 shots of gin, 6 glasses of sherry, 13 whiskeys and 1/2 a pint of ale throught the film. Here they are in order:

• Mouthful of red wine
• "Lighter fluid" (eg overproof rum)
• Double gin
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Finger of cider (with ice)
• Glass of sherry
• Two big chugs of sherry
• Mouthful of sherry
• Sip of sherry
• Double whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Mouthful of whisky
• Splash of whisky
• Single Teachers
• Double Teachers
• Double Teachers
• Single Teachers
• Sip of sherry
• Three fingers of ale
• Sip of red wine
• Gulp of sherry
• Small glass of red wine
• Sip of red wine
• Half glass of red wine
• Sip of something white (gin & bitter lemon?)
• Sip of red wine
• Sip of red wine
• Gulp of red wine
• Gulp of red wine
• Finger of red wine
• Finger of red wine
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")
• Gulp of red wine ("'53 Margeaux")

http://www.withnail-links.com/drinking.htm

"We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!"

Image


All with all that, my face would hit the floor and I'd be passed out at 10pm; my consciousness would return at 10pm the next night.

_________________
if there's a want for something new, you might find me at the start, or where it ends for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: