It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tori Amos
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Skinned wrote:
megique wrote:
does anyone here know where can i find Tori's b-sides? if it's not allowed to share such informations here, please PM me. i need to know a few more songs before Saturday show ;)

Diagnosed Sounds is all you need

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/

(go to: b-sides)

:shocked:

This is great Skinned, thank you very much for the link. Can't wait to get all that Ellen's sutff and those rarieties recorded before WKTR release. :shades:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm 

Me and my Marshall wrote:
Skinned wrote:
megique wrote:
does anyone here know where can i find Tori's b-sides? if it's not allowed to share such informations here, please PM me. i need to know a few more songs before Saturday show ;)

Diagnosed Sounds is all you need

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/

(go to: b-sides)

:shocked:

This is great Skinned, thank you very much for the link. Can't wait to get all that Ellen's sutff and those rarieties recorded before WKTR release. :shades:

you're welcome. That site is full of one-time performances and live covers from each era. It is very good.
There was a similar site called collectingbees.com but unfortunately it is down now.

Enjoy the rarities! :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm 

Skinned wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:
about the Rome show, I would rank it among the top three of those I've been to on this tour. both Italian gigs were superbly energetic but I still enjoyed the one in Hamburg better.

You came to Rome and didn't tell me! I would have said hi! :evil:

yeah, it's a pity, but before judging me you must take into account that I am travelling without my own computer and access to the internet is difficult on the road, for lack of time as well as the trouble of finding a place where I can get online (plus the fact that a lot of internet points have such bad quality seating or lighting that I just can't stand to use them, they give me a headache within minutes).

I hadn't planned anything definite regarding the shows in Italy, didn't know which (if any) I would go to, then as it turned out I was lucky to get tickets for good enough seats... I just went to Rome and Milan more or less on the spur of the moment.

Last edited by Pollyphoniac on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:54 pm 

megique wrote:
oh, and yes, i'm going to attend Saturday show ;) my first Tori show.

it was great to meet you tonight, and you were fortunate to get such a superb show in your hometown. Tori truly trumped herself here in Warsaw, her performance was indescribably energetic. I would have to rank this gig in Warsaw among the very best on this tour, absolutely on a par with the one in Hamburg, if not better (although I enjoyed the one in Hamburg a lot more, but that probablyhas something to do with my getting progressively more and more jaded by going to several more shows).

anyway it's good to meet a fellow gardener in person. :happy:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:11 am 

somebody told me (but who was it?) in another forum (or was it this one?) that he/she asked Tori on the last tour if she would consider playing a PJ Harvey song, and that Tori then said she was already thinking of doing that (but she didn't actually do it on the last tour). which is why I was thinking: if she already did have such a thing in mind, perhaps she might be willing to do it now, on the occasion of Polly's 40th birthday.

which is why I mentioned this to Tori at yesterday's meet & greet, in Zabrze. Tori didn't give me any response, so I couldn't tell what her attitude might be. but anyway I did what I could in order to honor the day (just had to try to talk Tori into playing a PJ song); even though I didn't really expect her to do it (and she didn't, in fact, do it).

:(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:38 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
megique wrote:
oh, and yes, i'm going to attend Saturday show ;) my first Tori show.

it was great to meet you tonight, and you were fortunate to get such a superb show in your hometown. Tori truly trumped herself here in Warsaw, her performance was indescribably energetic. I would have to rank this gig in Warsaw among the very best on this tour, absolutely on a par with the one in Hamburg, if not better (although I enjoyed the one in Hamburg a lot more, but that probablyhas something to do with my getting progressively more and more jaded by going to several more shows).

anyway it's good to meet a fellow gardener in person. :happy:

nice too meet you too :happy:

the show was great, amazing setlist! Icicle, Spark, Bliss, Hey Jupiter, Raspberry Swirl... they're the ones i enjoyed the most.
i wasn't on any other so i have to believe you that it was one of the best, but it isn't hard to believe. perfect show for the first time :)

Pollyphoniac wrote:
which is why I mentioned this to Tori at yesterday's meet & greet, in Zabrze. Tori didn't give me any response, so I couldn't tell what her attitude might be. but anyway I did what I could in order to honor the day (just had to try to talk Tori into playing a PJ song); even though I didn't really expect her to do it (and she didn't, in fact, do it).

that's a shame. but maybe she will prepare it for us on the next tour ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
somebody told me (but who was it?) in another forum (or was it this one?) that he/she asked Tori on the last tour if she would consider playing a PJ Harvey song, and that Tori then said she was already thinking of doing that (but she didn't actually do it on the last tour). which is why I was thinking: if she already did have such a thing in mind, perhaps she might be willing to do it now, on the occasion of Polly's 40th birthday.

It was me who asked Tori for a PJ cover in 2005. You did a great job; maybe she will think about it for the next aussie gigs.
The setlist for the Warsaw show was amazing. Lucky you and megique! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 am 

here's a few pictures from the meet & greet in Berlin (taken by a friend from Prague):

recognize somebody there? :wink:

that little redheaded woman is so strange. why, every single Tori show I go to, she always shows up, isn't that amazing?

Last edited by Pollyphoniac on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:51 am 

Hey PollyP how many shows did you make it to?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm 

bluesman905 wrote:
Hey PollyP how many shows did you make it to?

eleven shows in total, Tori shows that is, on this tour. which means Tori is still only in second place this year, Polly being in the lead (albeit by one show only).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Pollyphoniac wrote:
here's a few pictures from the meet & greet in Berlin (taken by a friend from Prague):

recognize somebody there? :wink:

that little redheaded woman is so strange. why, every single Tori show I go to, she always shows up, isn't that amazing?

I don't know who could she is, maybe a hard fan of Maria, the worldwide known fat girl from the DVD, who uses be around too :laugh:

The guy wearing the red shirt perhaps is familiar to me, it seems he could be a friend of a friend's father... and that's it.

LOL, j/k of course. I see your tour has been wonderful. Excellent, I'm so glad of you. :shades:

Lovely photos, btw.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:48 pm 

Pollyphoniac wrote:

I don't know who could she is, maybe a hard fan of Maria, the worldwide known fat girl from the DVD, who uses be around too :laugh:

indeed Maria (from Connecticut) was also there, at every show on this tour. so it wouldn't be illogical to assume that the redhead might have been following her, though I think it very unlikely. :laugh:

... I see your tour has been wonderful. Excellent, I'm so glad of you. :shades:

I told Tori in Warsaw: "this has been a wonderful tour", although I've suffered my share of problems.

Lovely photos, btw.

credit for those photos should go to Renata, toriphile from Prague who suddenly "got crazy" (her own wording) and decided to go to Berlin, after enjoying the show in Prague but being so disappointed because the meet & greet in Prague was cancelled.

Last edited by Pollyphoniac on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Pollyphoniac wrote:
though I think it very unlikely. :laugh:

:laugh: Agree.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 pm 

Clips from "Midwinter Graces":

http://www.amazon.fr/Midwinter-Graces/dp/B002SSF1J2/

Two full songs ("What Child, Nowell" and "Star of Wonder") available to listen to here:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1504 ... Amos-songs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next