1. Record Player 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
2. 8-Track 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Cassette Player 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
4. CD Player 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
5. Mp3 Player 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:19 am 

bluesman905 wrote:
I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo.

i rock the tape adapter in my car. 'tis awesome.

i never bring the original cd into my car. i'm scared that it'll get broken into and then i don't have the one i bought. obviously wouldn't care if someone stole burnt cds, i can just make more. besides, who would WANT to see burnt cds?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:25 am 

bluesman905 wrote:

I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo. No more dragging cd's in and out of the house. Now THAT would be convenient. As it stands now I only use it when I mow the lawn. I'm constantly bugging my son about the evil mp3 so he turned around and bought me an ipod....smart ass

If you happen to have on of those car stereo's that have AUX input (it looks like a regular headphone jack), you could buy the AUX cable for less than 10 dollars(I got mine for 6) and play your ipod with no problem at all.

Here is an example:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1305/122 ... 797a09.jpg

Initially I had one of those battery operated FM transmitters and would spend a fortune replacing the batteries. Once I got the cable, it saved me loads of money. I bought another car a few years ago, and sadly, it didn't have that feature as the car came with the original stereo and had to shell out the 80 bucks for the transmitter(but it still works 3 years later)

Hopefully this made sense. :laugh:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:32 am 

yarnforhair wrote:
bluesman905 wrote:
I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo.

i rock the tape adapter in my car. 'tis awesome.

i never bring the original cd into my car. i'm scared that it'll get broken into and then i don't have the one i bought. obviously wouldn't care if someone stole burnt cds, i can just make more. besides, who would WANT to see burnt cds?

I'll grab one pretty much every morning depending on my mood, then by the weekend I have to clean 'em out.
My daughter used to use those big books, said it took up less room with no jewel cases. She took them out to a party or some shit one night and left them in her back seat when she got home. Woke up to a smashed window. Lost almost 400 (store bought) cd's :evil: She doesn't do that any more :eyeroll:

Pitifuljoy wrote:
bluesman905 wrote:

I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo. No more dragging cd's in and out of the house. Now THAT would be convenient. As it stands now I only use it when I mow the lawn. I'm constantly bugging my son about the evil mp3 so he turned around and bought me an ipod....smart ass

If you happen to have on of those car stereo's that have AUX input (it looks like a regular headphone jack), you could buy the AUX cable for less than 10 dollars(I got mine for 6) and play your ipod with no problem at all.

Here is an example:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1305/122 ... 797a09.jpg

Initially I had one of those battery operated FM transmitters and would spend a fortune replacing the batteries. Once I got the cable, it saved me loads of money. I bought another car a few years ago, and sadly, it didn't have that feature as the car came with the original stereo and had to shell out the 80 bucks for the transmitter(but it still works 3 years later)

Hopefully this made sense. :laugh:

Gotcha but I don't have the aux. I've heard about other ways of doing it but haven't checked it out. Probably should, seems like a waste to have it and not use it. Perfect for the car. When I got it I spent a couple of hours loading it up and I literally only use it when I cut the grass. Haven't heard a song twice yet! Do a way better job on the grass man...no rush at all :grin: