It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moving to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 pm 

From Stockholm, Sweden. Broke up with my ex less than a month ago and now I've had to withstand the "humiliation" of moving back to my parents (left slightly over a year ago but anyway!). I'm turning the city upside down in search for an apartment but the market in Stockholm is a total disaster. Anyhow, I think I'll get at hold of a contract within the coming few months but today I was struck by the fact that there really is nothing keeping my here. Now I could actually save up some money and move to London as I've dreamed of since high school. However I'm curious since I've heard quite awful stories about getting/sharing apartments and rooms in London/the outskirts of London. I'm not very picky. As long as I have a job and a bed of my own I'm fine. I'm pretty confident in finding a job so it's only accomodation that I'm a bit concerned about. Does anyone know where I should start? Does anyone know of any good collective households?

I'm 21 for the record (and male)!

Post subject: Re: Moving to London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:55 pm 

Welcome Alela :)

My dream is to live in England where our pollys from. It looks so beautiful & serene.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 pm 

Hi alela, I moved to London at 18 and loved it, by the time I was 24 couldn't wait to get out though I must admit (!).
University message boards are one good place to look for house-shares I think (probably the equivalents online too obviously), good luck with it all :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 am 

I'd love to live in london. I met a girl once online who lived there.. went to visit her a few times and looking forward to going back soon.. Great place :]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 pm 

I realise I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm recently homeless and I live in London. I'm waiting to be rehoused at the moment (hence my lack of input on here!) but I'll definately let you know if I come across a 2 bedroom+. I really need a flat mate and can't find one for love nor money! I'm 22/f and I come with a dog but she's very well trained too. A bit overly affectionate if anything. It'll likely be in the Greenwich/Blackheath/Charlton/Eltham area if you'd like to google map it. SE7 or SE9 sort of area.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 am 

Sounds brilliant. I'd love to be your flatmate but I'm thinking of leaving for London in the end of May or the first of June or something like that. I fancy you need something much sooner? If not feel free to contact me :) Are you British?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 pm 

I am indeed English. I will be going into temporary accommodation very soon so we might just overlap nicely for when they want to kick me out! I have an interview with the housing people on Friday so I'll let you know how that goes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:51 am 

Not sure whether you meant last friday or next friday. Either way I'm eager to hear how it went! :)