It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm 

I'm done with my local shop.

The guys that work there are major A-holes.

They usually only get 1 or 2 copies of something on vinyl, you're allowed to reserve, they advertise this - but they've repeatedly given my copies away. Which sucks since there's nowhere else in my area to buy new release vinyl (except online).

Also, the prices are just too high. I wanted to buy eight copies of Let England Shake (for friends and family) and they were selling it for $14.99 each whereas Amazon.com had it for $7.99 with Free Shipping.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 am 

^ Remember High Fidelity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwjVVSNOtY

Customer asks for a French import version of Beefheart's Safe As Milk (about as obscure as you can get), but they won't sell it to him. :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am 

:laugh: Love that film as well!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am 

It would be cool if they knew anything about music.

But all they talk about is Shinedown.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 pm 

I'd love to buy music in a record shop, but I am living in a rural area and there aren't really any options. There are small sections in electronics stores, but they only offer popular albums and no Vinyls or singles. And the shopping atmosphere isn't really great either. Therefore, although I really prefer buying music in person as it is a much more intense experience, in most cases buying online is the only option (or driving 100km to the next big city).

Thus I am quite thankful that nowadays you can get almost every music release regardless of your local supply. It may be a little boring to just click a button, but it helps people in rural areas not stay behind the city people all the time.

Kueken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Kueken wrote:
I'd love to buy music in a record shop, but I am living in a rural area and there aren't really any options. There are small sections in electronics stores, but they only offer popular albums and no Vinyls or singles. And the shopping atmosphere isn't really great either. Therefore, although I really prefer buying music in person as it is a much more intense experience, in most cases buying online is the only option (or driving 100km to the next big city).

Thus I am quite thankful that nowadays you can get almost every music release regardless of your local supply. It may be a little boring to just click a button, but it helps people in rural areas not stay behind the city people all the time.

Kueken

Word. Even though it has its downside, online offer has broadened my range of options so much I don't miss older times at all. If I had to choose between the survival of one or the other I'd have to say goodbye indies.

Different worlds I guess.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook