It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meet the Gardeners
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
Hi Joseph & welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 pm 

Hi, I'm new here. Pleased to meet you all.

I'm a guy living in Tokyo, Japan. I'm really into music. My favorite PJ Harvey album is "Is This Desire?".

Some of the other bands I like are Suzanne Vega, Underworld, The Sundays, Einsturzende Neubauten, The Verve, Kate Bush, David Bowie, Faye Wong, Killing Joke, Curve, Sisters Of Mercy, Blondie, Pink Floyd, Shiina Ringo, Joy Division, Cranes, The Smashing Pumpkins, Cocteau Twins, Placebo, This Mortal Coil, Talking Heads, Akino Arai, Bauhaus, Miki Furukawa, Gang Of Four, Perfume, Tangerine Dream, Lou Lesage, The Twilight Singers, Judy and Mary, The Stooges, Jesu, Death In Vegas etc.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:15 pm 

Hello everybody,

My name is Maciek, I live in Poland, Warsaw. To be honest, I read this forum since very long time. Thing that pushed me from anonymousness is growing anticipation for PJ's new album.

My thing with her music began probably somewhere in 2005. What I really enjoy in PJ Harvey's music and find very unique is her astonishing talent to make beautiful melodies - that her music, even arranged differently, with different tempo (and reworked in electro ;) ) still would be beautiful. That thing, let's call it root of song, I find very rare in temporary music. I participated in only one PJ's concert (but it was first and only gig in my country) - 2007, probably May in Warsaw.

If you want to know my other musical interests, well, on second place (after PJ) i will put The Rolling Stones. I really enjoy two pop veterans - Madonna (ehh, except few last LPs) and Prince. But in general I listen to all this bands from Pitchfork :) like Radiohead, Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Grimes etc.

What I search in music most of the time is this ephemeral-autumn-bittersweet sadness (like in Battleship Hill or most of White Chalk songs). Enough said that only really fullfill my musical needs.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:03 pm 

Hi! I'm new.

My name's Connor, I'm 18, and from the UK. Like Maciek, what made me sign up was the anticipation of the new album.

I like a lot of music, too many artists to list, but PJ is one of them and that's the important thing.

My favourite PJ album is definitely To Bring You My Love, and for my favourite song, I would say either the title track from that album, but it changes all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:12 am 

This place does not seem to be letting me post. For the love of PJ, please help! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:11 am 
Site Admin

CaveSinger wrote:
This place does not seem to be letting me post. For the love of PJ, please help! :)

Sorry for the delay, the first few posts from a new member require approval by the admins. We've had spam floods before, and a few here and there still.

Welcome to the Garden! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:07 am 

Hi. i'm Nahuel from Buenos Aires, Argentina, this is my first post
I started to listen PJ's music just a few months (i think) after her first and only visit to my country (2004), so I've never saw her performing live yet.
I hope that this new tour can bring her again.
With this new "hope six" era she became one of my few all-time favourite music artists, specially because, unlike other artists, she searches for some important issues to write and sing about, and follows her own path.

Besides all that i love to find "non official" bootlegs and stuff about PJ, so i think these kind of forums are a good source of it.
Plus, sometimes i like to make some "artwork" for these kind of stuff, so maybe soon i'll be sharing some about the Nuits de fourviere concert .

Well, i know my english isn't the best, but i'll try to make it understandable

see you in between those topics! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:35 pm 

Hello, I thought it would be polite to post a greeting here before I say anything rude (or anything at all).

I first heard Sheela-na-gig back in 1992 and that was it. Lots of artistes and musical styles appeal to me, but nothing speaks to me as deeply as PJ's work, and gradually she's eclipsed everyone else I've taken an interest in. I was born in Dorset, though I no longer live there, and her words seem woven through the landscape whenever I find myself there - as I did this week, visiting the chapel at Abbotsbury. It's full of nesting pigeons at the moment and smells dreadful.

I've already found my way to some very helpful places via this forum, before signing up - so thank you, all of you, for maintaining it.

James

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:16 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Hello, I thought it would be polite to post a greeting here before I say anything rude (or anything at all).

I first heard Sheela-na-gig back in 1992 and that was it. Lots of artistes and musical styles appeal to me, but nothing speaks to me as deeply as PJ's work, and gradually she's eclipsed everyone else I've taken an interest in. I was born in Dorset, though I no longer live there, and her words seem woven through the landscape whenever I find myself there - as I did this week, visiting the chapel at Abbotsbury. It's full of nesting pigeons at the moment and smells dreadful.

I've already found my way to some very helpful places via this forum, before signing up - so thank you, all of you, for maintaining it.

James

Welcome James! I discovered Polly in 2004 due to her Beefheart connections (she was already being described as a "living legend" then). Been a fan ever since.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm 

Hello Gardeners.

I am new on here.

PJ Harvey's music is awesome. She is a true artist.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 am 

Welcome Scuttlescub!

It's pretty quiet around here when she's not on tour so please forgive the length of time new posts get noticed (and/or approved) ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm 

February 3 here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:07 pm 

It's 2020 and there is still a working forum away from Facebook, away from modern boring social media! I am thankful! Greetings, fellow PJ fans!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:07 am 

Greetings user216!

Yes, Facebook hasn't put all the forums out of business just yet, much thanks to our admin H&HW.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:57 pm 

Hello!

Apologies, I'm about 30 years late getting here, the traffic was terrible ...

I was browsing through various rock bands on YouTube a few months ago and came across the video of Dress at V-festival in 2003, clicked on that, and disappeared into the Polly-verse. There should be warnings about how awesome and addictive she is!

Thanks for this great forum! I have spent far too long checking out stuff on here (if such a thing is possible) and signing up means I can read even more of it now ...

Orange Monkey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next