It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm 

I am fairly new to the garden and this is my 1st post, Ive been a die hard of PJ since dot and every time she does something new it still floors me,and its great I can find a place like this I can share the love.I saw her live in hobart tas in late january in a substandard venue for which she more than made up for with her performance although it would have been nice if she did a bit more back catalog.

cheers all.

Post subject: Re: Meet the Gardeners
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:09 am 
Site Admin

Greetings! I've moved your post here so that your message doesn't disappear down the line, this is more permanent. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 pm 

Ni hao from the new girl. I'm brittle star, so named for many reasons, but mostly because I like starfish, sea stars and the ones in outer space, too. My b-day is 3/26. I'm a long time PJ fan and saw her first two performances in L.A. at the Whiskey in 1992, one shortly before the U.S. release of Dry, and one right after. I've seen her live several times since, including the To Bring You My Love tour, and Is This Desire. I hadn't thought about joining a PJ forum until I heard "The Words That Maketh Murder" used on the tv show Hit & Miss last week and was reminded of how good her music is. I pulled out Let England Shake, which I hadn't listened to in a while, and the thought occurred to me to look online for a PJ forum. So here I am.

My avatar is a pic of Mona Maris, a Hollywood actress from the '30s and '40s who was originally from Argentina. She starred in several silent films in the late '20s/early '30s, but once Hollywood started making "talkies," Mona didn't fare so well. Because she spoke English with an accent and never completely mastered the language (although she spoke Spanish, French, German and several other languages fluently), she wasn't successful as a talking star until Hollywood directors started using her in Spanish-language versions of their hit films. I've also used avatars of '30s starlets Theda Bara, Bebe Daniels and Clara Bow on other forums, and may do so here. ...Point being, I love the style and decor of the 1930s and '40s, but my avatars are not pics of me. I'll include a pic of me below.

Now I guess it's time to start futzing around on the forum and discovering what's here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
^ Hi brittle star & welcome, it's a little quiet at the moment but you've got lots of catching up to do to keep you busy :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 pm 

mart wrote:
^ Hi brittle star & welcome, it's a little quiet at the moment but you've got lots of catching up to do to keep you busy :wink:

Thankee kindly. Yes, I have a lot of reading to do!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings and welcome! Do have a look around and if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:26 am 

My name is William, my birthday is Oct. 10. I do not have a picture of myself at the moment I will try to get on that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm 

VorpalSword wrote:
My name is William, my birthday is Oct. 10. I do not have a picture of myself at the moment I will try to get on that.

hello & welcome VorpalSword, where do you hail from?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm 

just some no name town in Alabama.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm 

Hi, I want to post a picture but I don't know how. :(

I can't seem to find a picture small enough for an avatar & I do not currently have the software to edit. Does anyone on here to the PJ Harvey - Alternative page on Facebook? Any fans in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin or Chicago area? I am looking to meet some new friends. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm 

Hi dumb, welcome there's lots to keep u entertained stored here :)

I'm in good old Blighty but hopefully u'll find fellow Polly fans from down your way
Mart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings! I'm on the west coast here, Gardeners are scattered all over the world, it's kind of amazing really.

I could resize a pic for you, you just have to get it to me. PM me if you like.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:08 pm 

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, I hope to meet some more PJ fans here. I do have an avatar that is just a bit too big and I also have a picture of myself to post. That's very nice of you to offer to resize it. How do I get it to you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

You should be able to email me the avatar via the button at the bottom of my post, I'll send it back the same way. Do let me know when it's sent though, there's a good chance it will get filtered out as spam and I'll look for it.

We were afraid that allowing people to post pictures here would fill up the server, so that's been disabled. To post other pictures from your computer, you would have to use a service such as Flickr to upload your pictures, and then link them here.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:31 am 

Hi there,
I'm Joseph, 25, from Milan, Italy.
I hope to enjoy myself and to find new friends on this forum. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next